Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Damaged

Options
  • 25-10-2016 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

hi all,

I recently dropped my PS4 on to the ground, while it was in-game, from the TV stand (couple of inches ).

It boots up and can play a game for a minute or two, the TV screen goes blank, there's a loud buzzing sound for ~5 seconds. The white light is on the PS4 but it will not turn on or show anything via HDMI. I have to pull out the power cord at the back to get it to turn back on.

I have tried different games, booting to safe mode and even re-installed the PS update (4.01) from a USB key.

I think it's safe to say it's a hardware fault. I'm thinking it could be a scratched HDD but then it could also be the HDMI port(has no visible sign of damage).

Would anyone have any suggestions on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭WhoWhatWhere

Sean^DCT4 wrote: »
    hi all,

I recently dropped my PS4 on to the ground, while it was in-game, from the TV stand (couple of inches ).

It boots up and can play a game for a minute or two, the TV screen goes blank, there's a loud buzzing sound for ~5 seconds. The white light is on the PS4 but it will not turn on or show anything via HDMI. I have to pull out the power cord at the back to get it to turn back on.

I have tried different games, booting to safe mode and even re-installed the PS update (4.01) from a USB key.

I think it's safe to say it's a hardware fault. I'm thinking it could be a scratched HDD but then it could also be the HDMI port(has no visible sign of damage).

Would anyone have any suggestions on this?

Probably the graphics chip. Best bet is sending in for repair but if it costs too much you could just buy a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

maybe time to get the Pro

Advertisement