Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hazelbrook Square, Churchtown

Options
  • 25-10-2016 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hello -

We are in the process of buying in Hazelbrook Square and we are having issues with our snag list. I wonder if any other buyers in the development are experiencing the same, and if so, perhaps you could contact me by private message?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MaggyB

Lovecraft wrote: »
    Hello -

We are in the process of buying in Hazelbrook Square and we are having issues with our snag list. I wonder if any other buyers in the development are experiencing the same, and if so, perhaps you could contact me by private message?

Hey Lovecraft

Sorry to hijack the thread!

We are thinking of buying one of the remaining 4 beds can you share any advice on this development have you had many issues along the way? I can't find any threads on boards on the development with feedback from people who bought already.

Anything you can share would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Nice houses, crazy money though, particularly for the houses near the apartment block. I would rather buy a used house in the surrounding area. Best of luck to you guys though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Lovecraft

Maggy, the biggest issue we've had so far is delays due to the fact that we are buying essentially from NAMA and they take their sweet time over everything, so bear that in mind if you are in a hurry to close (because the sellers won't be).

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dermo90

Lovecraft

Was onsite for my "final snag" last week, disappointed with standard of internal finish eg painting , plastering in some areas, amongst other things.

As far as I know , keys have been handed over for 3/4 houses to date, and naturally there is pressure on developer to complete remainder asap.

Happy to discuss if you want to pm me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Lovecraft

Hazelbrook second phase launched - three beds up to 485k, 4 beds @ 610k...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Hans solo

dermo90 wrote: »
    Lovecraft

Was onsite for my "final snag" last week, disappointed with standard of internal finish eg painting , plastering in some areas, amongst other things.

As far as I know , keys have been handed over for 3/4 houses to date, and naturally there is pressure on developer to complete remainder asap.

Happy to discuss if you want to pm me.

Any update on snag? Am buying there and wonder how it's going? Also I've read the new appartement block is now to be social housing?? And land at back to be more houses? Have you heard? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Earleybird

Lovecraft wrote: »
    Hazelbrook second phase launched - three beds up to 485k, 4 beds @ 610k...

Yeah about 8 couples queuing up here, a few more on the fence following a couple of drive bys. Seems we're all after the 3 beds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Earleybird wrote: »
    Yeah about 8 couples queuing up here, a few more on the fence following a couple of drive bys. Seems we're all after the 3 beds.

Are you all already in a line for Saturday?

Are you all already in a line for Saturday?

We are yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

We are yeah

I don't feel as bad as I did now having stayed out overnight for our place now, sounds like a big crowd, hope its gets a bit warmer tomorow for you

• Advertisement

MaggyB wrote: »
    Hey Lovecraft

Sorry to hijack the thread!

We are thinking of buying one of the remaining 4 beds can you share any advice on this development have you had many issues along the way? I can't find any threads on boards on the development with feedback from people who bought already.

Anything you can share would be great.

Have you bought a house Maggie? I'm the same as you... looking for advice re area etc... thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Hylus83

I don't feel as bad as I did now having stayed out overnight for our place now, sounds like a big crowd, hope its gets a bit warmer tomorow for you

How exactly is the queuing system working in there? Are sherry fitz keeping track of who's in what position in the queue or is it gonna be a fight for a place with your potential new neighbours when they open up on Saturday :'-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Hans solo wrote: »
    Have you bought a house Maggie? I'm the same as you... looking for advice re area etc... thanks.

The supervalu just around the corner is the best in Dublin IMO, absolutely superb. I think it's a good location, nutgrove has really turned around over the last 10 years.

Prices in from Sherry Fitz for 3 beds:
    East facing mid 485k
    West facing mid 500k
    East facing end terrace 620k
    West facing end terrace tbc

That's not a typo folks. West facing could be a million depending on the number they draw out of the hat!!

Think it's probably a strategy to get around the first come first serve and instead invite offers under the amount. Very sly, but I suppose that's the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Tow

So HB is now in Churchtown, the mind boggles.

wm_43..jpg

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Think it's probably a strategy to get around the first come first serve and instead invite offers under the amount. Very sly, but I suppose that's the game.

I don't get what you mean by this? Do you mean they don't expect to sell at the advertised prices?

I don't get what you mean by this? Do you mean they don't expect to sell at the advertised prices?

Exactly. The price of the same house in phase 1 was 125k lower and there are some 4 beds priced lower as well. Obviously they've taken the perceived higher demand of the end terraces into account to extract maximum value from a bidding process

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭REFLINE1

We are yeah

jesus are we back to this again ffs how depressing

Exactly. The price of the same house in phase 1 was 125k lower and there are some 4 beds priced lower as well. Obviously they've taken the perceived higher demand of the end terraces into account to extract maximum value from a bidding process

Are you saying that the 4 bed prices are lower now than phase 1?? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Any update on snag? Am buying there and wonder how it's going? Also I've read the new appartement block is now to be social housing?? And land at back to be more houses? Have you heard? thanks

http://www.dublinlive.ie/news/property/new-council-housing-go-ahead-12121761

in relation to being near that supervalue churchtown, its a 15 min walk according to google maps...

• Advertisement

Idbatterim wrote: »

So almost 30% of the total number of new units (houses & apartments) being built in Hazelbrook square will be social housing? That's a rather high proportion for one relatively small development isn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,097 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

so the apartment block is going to be all social housing

jesus :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Idbatterim wrote: »
    http://www.dublinlive.ie/news/property/new-council-housing-go-ahead-12121761

in relation to being near that supervalue churchtown, its a 15 min walk according to google maps...

I live relatively close to this site (in Dundrum) and my wife teaches in the school opposite, so I know the area reasonably well.

There are three shopping centres essentially adjacent to this site - the ALDI/Harvey Norman/Homebase one which is actually adjacent to the site, the nutgrove shopping centre on the opposite side of the road and the (excellent) LIDL accross the road from that.

All are close enough to walk to and carry shopping home rather than bother getting into the car, well maybe it would be worth driving to the LIDL especially since there is always loads of parking there.

I would certainly not be shopping in the Churchtown supervalu from there, except maybe to pick up sausages or something else specific.

The Nutgrove LIDL is a particularly good one with a large range of fresh veg etc. I occasionally shop there though it is not the closest one to me.

I'm not a fan of the Nutgrove shopping centre though.

AsianDub wrote: »

If not modular, then additional social housing since the county council owns that land to the east of the estate. So, with that and the block of apartments I think Hazelbrook will probably end up being close to 50% private & 50% social housing. I thought perhaps that the land to the east could be blocked-off given the other entrance into it from whitebarn road... but it was a condition of planning permission for Hazelbrook that it remain open for public amenity or something.

Hylus83 wrote: »
    If not modular, then additional social housing since the county council owns that land to the east of the estate. So, with that and the block of apartments I think Hazelbrook will probably end up being close to 50% private & 50% social housing. I thought perhaps that the land to the east could be blocked-off given the other entrance into it from whitebarn road... but it was a condition of planning permission for Hazelbrook that it remain open for public amenity or something.

That land no longer belongs to the council....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Hans solo wrote: »
    That land no longer belongs to the council....

Got a source for that? Was there a land swap between developer and council in return for (almost complete) apartment block?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 july2016

Hi Hans,

Irish Times article suggest the apartment block is in addition to original allocation

The 28 apartments, which are nearing completion, are to be handed over by Simon Coyne, the receiver of certain assets of St James’s Development Ltd, the developer of Hazelbrook Square.

Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown cathaoirleach Cormac Devlin said the deal provided for a “very good social mix”.

Mr Devlin said the apartments were in addition to any other contributions the initial developer made to the council in terms of social housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

oh man, I wish someone put up a big sign going into hazelbrook, raising awareness to what your nice half a million plus house (for the cheaper ones) will be across the road from a council apartment block! and possibly modular housing! I wonder how many considering buying there, are aware of that?! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Tow wrote: »
    So HB is now in Churchtown, the mind boggles.

Hazelbrook is Upper Kilmacud, Stillorgan- always has been, always will be. I don't get how anyone would confuse it with being in Churchtown?

Advertisement