Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v City EFL Cup. 26/10/16 k/o 20.00SS1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Jose showing up Pep for the fraud he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Any highlights on tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Bret Hart wrote: »

Yes, Pep has won nothing in the game.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Chelsea out too
    Who waits in the next round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,588 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Any highlights on tonight?

Channel 5 10:30 if you have satellite.

If you need to tune it in under 'other channels' the details are here http://www.a516digital.com/2015/02/channel-5-satellite-channel-numbers-and.html

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Pep not won in last 6 games. Needs to modernise his coaching methods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Chelsea out too
    Who waits in the next round

Leeds would be a good match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Channel 5 10:30 if you have satellite.

Cheers!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

gg utd! very good second half from them. A fun game too. Id say they would be happy with the clean sheet also.
    1st half was a mess, thought City would look more likely to win after that but they reacted very poorly to a rejuvenated utd. That number 50 for city also looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Wtf Herrera ? Burnley fighting against relegation. They're 4 points behind Man Utd. I hope Dyche shows his players that interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

ffs :rolleyes: . In a league cup game where City rested two thirds of their team ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Jose finally gets his 1-0 result he has been looking for for weeks .
    All aboard the bus of love

Watch the game or just refreshing livescore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

JOE IS THAT YOU

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Unearthly wrote: »
    Pep not won in last 6 games. Needs to modernise his coaching methods

Can't remember De Gea having a save to make tonight. Did city have a shot on target ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Pep seems quite chirpy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Pep doesn't really look like that he's bothered that he lost.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Pep doesn't really look like that he's bothered that he's lost.

I guess everyone got what they wanted then...which is nice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Game was a small confidence boost for united, nothing more or less really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Can't remember De Gea having a save to make tonight. Did city have a shot on target ?

No. City didn't have shot on target.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jaykay74 wrote: »

Not a one.

Game was a small confidence boost for united, nothing more or less really.

I think a win doesn't gain so much for Utd but a loss would have cranked up the pressure after the Chelsea loss. Win at the weekend and things move on in the right direction again.

JOE IS THAT YOU

Joe left in a sloppy one tonight for Torino I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

No one will want to get West Ham away after tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Ah well, their fans won't be that brave away from home - fancy United there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Hope Rashers not injured :/

Correction. Flashford

Correction... Flashers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I love Mata. Such a good character and always seems to pop up in important moments. I hope he stays put.

Been disappointed in Ibrahimovic. I expected him to have contributed a lot more by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Good win for united even though it was against a second string city team. I would have to have united as favourites for Carling cup now tbh with how serious mourinho is taking it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Good win for united even though it was against a second string city team. I would have to have united as favourites for Carling cup now tbh with how serious mourinho is taking it.

Try a bit harder! We won the game but it's very much bottom of our list of priorities

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

duffman13 wrote: »

Try a bit harder! We won the game but it's very much bottom of our list of priorities

Try harder what ?

The carling cup is a trophy at the end of the day and mourinho definely wants to win it. Just because the big boys play their reserves doesn't take anything away from the competition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Try harder what ?

The carling cup is a trophy at the end of the day and mourinho definely wants to win it. Just because the big boys play their reserves doesn't take anything away from the competition

Don't ever change, man.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Enjoyed that game last night. I thought Mata was superb but Herrera right got MoM as he was fantastic. He is becoming the player he was at Athletic Bilbao again.

Ibra did a really good old fashioned centre forward's job last night, he was excellent too. Shaw really owned Navas all night and also impressed. The old man that is Michael Carrick played very well too.

Angelino and Garcia both looked good for City I thought and have big futures.

Guardiola didn't look too bothered about the defeat afterwards which surprised me because he has always been the one who wants to win everything all the time.

Mourinho played up to the fans in his interview which was a smart move after a derby win.

Lastly I want to talk about Rashford. He did a few things recently which concerned me, it was the same thing and he did it a few times and that was stop when he came close to a defender and look around and slow everything down. I don't know if that came from a coach but it doesn't suit his game at all. He is much better in full flow with the ball and he did that again last night a lot and he put in some great balls. He is a massively talented player and he needs to be let do his thing all the time because he is going to get better and better at it if bad coaching doesn't get in the way.

It was a huge confidence booster for United last night, I think Herrera even said that in his interview afterwards but it could have been Mata. I'd expect to see them kick on after that and go on a nice run of results.

I think Ibra will score the next day and probably go on a six game run of scoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

eagle eye wrote: »
    Enjoyed that game last night. I thought Mata was superb but Herrera right got MoM as he was fantastic. He is becoming the player he was at Athletic Bilbao again.

Ibra did a really good old fashioned centre forward's job last night, he was excellent too. Shaw really owned Navas all night and also impressed. The old man that is Michael Carrick played very well too.

Guardiola didn't look too bothered about the defeat afterwards which surprised me because he has always been the one who wants to win everything all the time.

Mourinho played up to the fans in his interview which was a smart move after a derby win.

Lastly I want to talk about Rashford. He did a few things recently which concerned me, it was the same thing and he did it a few times and that was stop when he came close to a defender and look around and slow everything down. I don't know if that came from a coach but it doesn't suit his game at all. He is much better in full flow with the ball and he did that again last night a lot and he put in some great balls. He is a massively talented player and he needs to be let do his thing all the time because he is going to get better and better at it if bad coaching doesn't get in the way.

It was a huge confidence booster for United last night, I think Herrera even said that in his interview afterwards but it could have been Mata. I'd expect to see them kick on after that and go on a nice run of results.

I think Ibra will score the next day and probably go on a six game run of scoring.
    Ibra excellent? Really? I lost count of the number of times he gave the ball away. He was getting really frustrated with himself as nothing he was trying was coming off. He did improve in the final half an hour where he began to make his passes stick and won a few frees to take pressure of the Utd defence but overall you'd have to say he was average at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭crkball6

His I couldn't care less attitude post match couldn't have been put on any worse. He wanted to play down the importance of it and the acting right out of Emeradale farm.

He was fuming I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

You sure you watched last night's game?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

crkball6 wrote: »
    His I couldn't care less attitude post match couldn't have been put on any worse. He wanted to play down the importance of it and the acting right out of Emeradale farm.

He was fuming I'd say.

He has Champions League to think of. His interview before the game stated that this competition was the least important City were involved in and his lineup choice reflected exactly that. The last thing his squad needs right now is more unnecessary midweek games.

He has Champions League to think of. His interview before the game stated that this competition was the least important City were involved in and his lineup choice reflected exactly that. The last thing his squad needs right now is more unnecessary midweek games.

Line up that cost 240 million including the 3 players who came on, yeah it clearly showed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

That Guardiola lad isn't very clever is he? Bringing on Sterling and Agüero to see out a 1-0 defeat, that could seriously have backfired on him and he could have ended up with an extra game in his busy schedule.

He should really have brought on Fernandinho and Gündogan to keep the ball in the middle away from those dastardly Man United defenders who could so easily have given up a goal.

He's so silly.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Line up that cost 240 million including the 3 players who came on, yeah it clearly showed.

9 changes fron the weekend. 1 of the 2 players to start both at the weekend and last night only played a half due to "tiredness." Ye, it really showed.

That Guardiola lad isn't very clever is he? Bringing on Sterling and Agüero to see out a 1-0 defeat, that could seriously have backfired on him and he could have ended up with an extra game in his busy schedule.

He should really have brought on Fernandinho and Gündogan to keep the ball in the middle away from those dastardly Man United defenders who could so easily have given up a goal.

He's so silly.

Different priorities for both clubs. One is battling at the top of the league and in the Champions League, the other us fighting for top four and in the Europa League.

9 changes fron the weekend. 1 of the 2 players to start both at the weekend and last night only played a half due to "tiredness." Ye, it really showed.

Players who were involved in the game and the mins they played in CL + PL before the game.

Otamendi - 592 mins + 270 mins
    Sterling - 777 mins + 259 mins
    Aguero - 565 mins + 184 mins
    Clichy - 350 mins + 115 mins
    Kolarov - 661 mins + 270 mins
    Iheanacho - 286 mins + 7 mins
    Nolito - 351 mins + 133 mins
    Sane - 213 mins + 11 mins
    Navas - 186 mins + 90 mins
    Fernando - 114 mins + 14 mins
    Caballero - 270 mins + 33 mins

Total 810 mins in PL + 270 mins in CL

Yeah reserve team.

• Advertisement

Tricky game against West Brom away, don't get a result then surely he has to start taking some criticism

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭crkball6

With no win in previous 5 games going to a Manchester derby in with a serious shout of silverware in his first year. Put out a side worth a 1/4 of a billion euros. This guy clearly doesn't give a fck.

Players who were involved in the game and the mins they played in CL + PL before the game.

Otamendi - 592 mins + 270 mins
    Sterling - 777 mins + 259 mins
    Aguero - 565 mins + 184 mins
    Clichy - 350 mins + 115 mins
    Kolarov - 661 mins + 270 mins
    Iheanacho - 286 mins + 7 mins
    Nolito - 351 mins + 133 mins
    Sane - 213 mins + 11 mins
    Navas - 186 mins + 90 mins
    Fernando - 114 mins + 14 mins
    Caballero - 270 mins + 33 mins

Total 810 mins in PL + 270 mins in CL

Yeah reserve team.

Who said it was the reserve team? Do you watch City's reserve team? How many of those feature regularly for City's reserves? It absolutely wasn't a reserve team. Was it their best 11? No. Is your list intentionally misleading and lacking in context? Yes. Does any of this matter? No, because at the end of the season nobody will remember that game last night as it was basically a non-event from the word go and, despite the result, City are still the fafavourites for the league while Man Utd remain a side who don't look capable of cracking top four. Truth.

crkball6 wrote: »
    With no win in previous 5 games going to a Manchester derby in with a serious shout of silverware in his first year. Put out a side worth a 1/4 of a billion euros. This guy clearly doesn't give a fck.

His side last night could have cost 1 billion pound and it still wouldn't matter, as long as there's 11 players at the club better than the 11 fielded (or 9 in this case) it's still a second string side, by very definition of that term.

Who said it was the reserve team? Do you watch City's reserve team? How many of those feature regularly for City's reserves? It absolutely wasn't a reserve team. Was it their best 11? No. Is your list intentionally misleading and lacking in context? Yes. Does any of this matter? No, because at the end of the season nobody will remember that game last night as it was basically a non-event from the word go and, despite the result, City are still the fafavourites for the league while Man Utd remain a side who don't look capable of cracking top four. Truth.

You said something about pep didn't care and line up showed, the players who played yesterday played many mins in the league which means most of them are regular and rotational players.

Btw, my post doesn't lack context. It's just that you lack basic intelligence to see Pep team lost and just searching for excuses. Not surprising.

Your last point, lol. No one remembers individual games once the season ends. Everyone cares about league table.

His side last night could have cost 1 billion pound and it still wouldn't matter, as long as there's 11 players at the club better than the 11 fielded (or 9 in this case) it's still a second string side, by very definition of that term.

Second string? lol.

Kompany, Clichy, Otamendi, Nolito, Sane are all first choice players. Then players like Aguero, Sterling, Kolarov who came on are first choice players and proves Pep wanted to win the game contrary to what you are arguing. If he did't care then key players like Sterling, Aguero wouldn't have came on.

Second string? lol.

Kompany, Clichy, Otamendi, Nolito, Sane are all first choice players. Then players like Aguero, Sterling, Kolarov who came on are first choice players and proves Pep wanted to win the game contrary to what you are arguing. If he did't care then key players like Sterling, Aguero wouldn't have came on.

9 changes. 1 of the 2 to ppay at the weekend played for 45 minutes. Argue all you like if it makes you feel better about having to so suddenly adjust your expectations for the season from challenging for the league to challenging for top four but facts are facts and 9 changed is fact.

9 changes. 1 of the 2 to ppay at the weekend played for 45 minutes. Argue all you like if it makes you feel better about having to so suddenly adjust your expectations for the season from challenging for the league to challenging for top four but facts are facts and 9 changed is fact.

It's laughable you talk about context and make posts like these. 9 changes not, first team and rotational players played and ManUtd played with nth choice CB pair, Carrick who only played once or twice this season.

Such a shame we adjust our expectations when some change the club they follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Ibrahimovic was terrible first half and fair play to him for improving second half, but got to the level of what is basic for him

Shaw got absolutely roasted by Navas in that first half. Roasted...for pace...his one shining ability. Shaw is a concern for me, not a major one cause of his age, but he already has a brainfart in him as a left back and the one thing that covered him was his pace. I hope thats just a return to fitness/confidence in his body thing. Navas is a horrendously average winger and Shaw was getting skint everytime. Navas showed his garbage nature with the **** crosses he delivered. If that was Sterling we were in big trouble.

Sorry appreciate you have written more but that start just stood out as exaggerating those two lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Also I don't know what those posts are about.

City clearly played a weakened team, and we played as strong as we could. Make no mistake if Bailly and Smalling were fit they would have started.

Lads it's ok that we played a strong team in a mickey mouse cup. And it's ok City played a weakened team and didn't care for the result. Mourinho could have done the same.

League cup is bollox, but its typically a good shout for one of the big clubs if taken seriously. Hardly going to impact on fatigue or title aspirations this early in the season.

Advertisement