Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v City EFL Cup. 26/10/16 k/o 20.00SS1

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

TheDoc wrote: »
    Also I don't know what those posts are about.

City clearly played a weakened team, and we played as strong as we could. Make no mistake if Bailly and Smalling were fit they would have started.

Lads it's ok that we played a strong team in a mickey mouse cup. And it's ok City played a weakened team and didn't care for the result. Mourinho could have done the same.

League cup is bollox, but its typically a good shout for one of the big clubs if taken seriously. Hardly going to impact on fatigue or title aspirations this early in the season.

Good post. I think Mourinho's hand was forced into playing a stronger team because of the Chelsea result and because he was playing at home.

I do think that, while it is early in the day, fitness is a concern for City already. Aguero looks far from fully fit,I don't think Gundogan is fully fit either while De Bruyne is just back from injury. Kompany is a walking fitness disaster zone and they are a bit short on depth on key areas of the squad, something Guardiola will know too well. For him the league cup was always going to be the lowest priority competition given when the fixtures take place and the amount of them.

There was no way Pep wanted to win that game last night. He clearly brought on Sterling and Aguero at 1-0 down just to give those players much-needed minutes, even if that lead to risking their fitness in this nothing match. Pep wanted to lose that match so much that he warned his players against registering a shot on target.

United of course were at full strength with no personnel changes from the previous game. Featuring the solid, proven CB partnership of Daley Blind and Marcus Rojo, they were protected by Michael Carrick who after five appearances this season and two in the last week, is clearly a Mourinho favourite. Luke Shaw has been tearing it up in the league so far and is not at all still struggling with fitness issues. With that solid back-line, never mind United's long-settled, surefire CM line-up, Pep couldn't have won that match even if he wanted to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Yer all talking bollox at this stage, but anyone who uses the words brainfart or hoof in a post should be taken out back and shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Jayop wrote: »
    Yer all talking bollox at this stage, but anyone who uses the words brainfart or hoof in a post should be taken out back and shot.

OK um so we gonna shoot ya now or later?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

jayo26 wrote: »
    OK um so we gonna shoot ya now or later?

That doesn't count Jay and you damn well know that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Ahh ffs i thought we were gonna have an execution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

9 changes. 1 of the 2 to ppay at the weekend played for 45 minutes. Argue all you like if it makes you feel better about having to so suddenly adjust your expectations for the season from challenging for the league to challenging for top four but facts are facts and 9 changed is fact.

Who will you be supporting next year?

Just wondering so I can avoid the team thread

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Who will you be supporting next year?

Just wondering so I can avoid the team thread

When I said argue all you like I was hoping it'd be with the point I made and not me personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,588 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Jewish Official: STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT RIGHT NOW! STOP IT! All right, no one is to stone _anyone_ until I blow this whistle. Even... and I want to make this absolutely clear... even if they do say, "Jehovah. "

[Crowd stones the Jewish Official to death]

Scrap the cap!

Advertisement