Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a TEFL Qualification and Job

Options
  • 26-10-2016 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,

So I am looking to do something adventurous and travel the world. My plan is to get some skills that travel well, i.e. bartending and teaching english. I need some advice on the second one there.

I'm looking to find a TEFL course that is not worthless, but at the same time not too expensive as I'm working with a limited budget (I am willing to save a while if it comes to it). Is it possible to do a TEFL course that teaches you the qualification while you travel? How do you find good jobs abroad? (I'm interested in either Europe or Central / South America). that are fair and don't take you for granted? (I've heard some horror stories). Is there a better way to finance your travel? (Real Irish guy with an Irish accent in an Irish bar?).

I've read so much conflicting information about this that I would ask you to assume I know nothing and to please explain the pitfalls and other situations I should expect. If you've done it before, please let me know about your story and experiences. I'd rather hear it straight from the horse's mouth, as it were.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I'm new to boards, so If I've made a mistake (for example wrong forum, etc.), my apologies, please advise on how to correct it.

Advertisement