Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What handset to use with Magnet VOIP?

Options
  • 26-10-2016 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭

Hello, I'm hoping someone can advise me on the above. Can you only use a Magnet proprietary handset with their Office-in-a-Box VOIP set up? This is what they've told me recently but it's in contradiction to previous information we received. I need to get some handsets but only need something basic and the Magnet ones are pricey.

Any advice/help/input is appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Gmaximum

Hello, I'm hoping someone can advise me on the above. Can you only use a Magnet proprietary handset with their Office-in-a-Box VOIP set up? This is what they've told me recently but it's in contradiction to previous information we received. I need to get some handsets but only need something basic and the Magnet ones are pricey.

Any advice/help/input is appreciated!

The previous version of their hosted PBX was Asterix based so you could use any SIP handset. As far as I know their current version is built on a proprietary platform from a vendor so you're probably stuck with them

What about using their PC client as an alternative? Wouldn't imagine there's a charge associated with it

Advertisement