Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems accessing SOME websites since installing Kaspersky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You know that green lock that you get when you're on you banking site? Or google? Thats HTTPS. Its encrypting traffic from you to them and ensuring they are who they claim to be.

Kaspersky is breaking that lovely secure connection in order to scan your traffic. And doing it badly. Avira and AVG do it too.

Uninstall kaspersky, make sure you disable its proxy if its set it, and go back to Defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Do the problematic websites work when using your other browser's incognito mode?
    (Ctrl-Shift-N in Chrome / InPrivate Mode Ctrl - Shift - P in IE 11 )
    You've said that Firefox Private is an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

ED E wrote: »
    You know that green lock that you get when you're on you banking site? Or google? Thats HTTPS. Its encrypting traffic from you to them and ensuring they are who they claim to be.

Kaspersky is breaking that lovely secure connection in order to scan your traffic. And doing it badly. Avira and AVG do it too.

Uninstall kaspersky, make sure you disable its proxy if its set it, and go back to Defender.

I am only after buying it and it cost me €15.00, isn't there another way?
    ressem wrote: »
    Do the problematic websites work when using your other browser's incognito mode?
    (Ctrl-Shift-N in Chrome / InPrivate Mode Ctrl - Shift - P in IE 11 )
    You've said that Firefox Private is an issue.

I am using firefox and no when I go to private mode and try the problematic websites it does the exact same thing, hang for ages

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I use AVG antivirus its free , the chrome browser will say stop this website is
    risky it may have malware .this happens maybe once a week.
    Shut down your antivirus , see are websites still being blocked .
    many websites don,t use https , https means the website encrypts the connection between your pc and the website .
    its used by banks and email websites ,or sites like amazon,
    where you buy items .Also used by general websites to provide security and privacy to users .
    I can see no point in using a program that stops https websites from loading.
    i mostly use the chrome browser or firefox .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,183 ✭✭✭batistuta9

vicwatson wrote: »
    I am only after buying it and it cost me €15.00, isn't there another way?

Uninstall all the browser extensions it installed.
    Disable everything in it's settings, except for the anti virus itself. Make sure you don't let it scan sites/SSL as mentioned above

• Advertisement
Advertisement