Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Importing a U.K. Leaf

• 26-10-2016 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

With the good exchange rate and low VRT costs I'm hoping to import a U.K. Leaf in the next week or two.

I have a few questions I'm hoping experienced posters may be able to help me with.

1) when I look at Autotrader a lot of the Leaf mention 'Flex'. This is where the battery is leased from Nissan. So I assume the sticker price is not applicable for anyone looking to export?

2) Do all UK Leafs have carwings? Is this only an option or did it come as standard from a certain year?

Any other advice on U.K. spec leafs would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Flex batteries are a non-runner for export.

Carwings / Nissan Connect EV (the new name) is on all models except the base model (Visia).

So ideally a Tekna or Acenta, non-Flex. Get one with a 6.6kw charger if you can, though a lot of places don't know how to tell if it has it. Also, try to get a "granny cable" (for charging off an ordinary 13 amp socket) and a Type-2 to Type-1 cable (for charging off a public "slow" charger). Sometimes these don't come with the car, and they're expensive to buy on their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭vandriver

Zero VRT isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hunkydory1

n97 mini wrote: »
    Yep.

Good news about VRT. I thought is was a flat €750.

There seems to be a lot of flex vehicles on autotrader. It does limit choice quite a bit.

Was it late 2013 that the improved battery was available from in the U.K.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭KCross

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hunkydory1

KCross wrote: »

Great read. Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

hunkydory1 wrote: »
    Was it late 2013 that the improved battery was available from in the U.K.?
    Yes, in the last few months of 2013. I was trying to purchase one of these with the 6.6.kW on board charging option. It makes for a very frustrating purchasing process - as they don't indicate in the ads if mk 1.5. There are tell tale signs though. One of them is that the AC button will be left of centre on the centre console (with gen 1, it was right of centre). There are other indicators also - colour of the dash/facia, design / layout of the electronic break/transmission controls, etc.

It's possible to buy the flex battery in UK now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭oinkely

Gen 1 model has light beige interior, no eco button on the steering wheel and electronic handbrake.

Gen 1.5 has dark grey interior, foot pedal operated hand brake and an eco button on the steering wheel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

oinkely wrote: »
    Gen 1.5 has dark grey interior

Mostly, but not 100% apparently. AFAIK the light interior was available on the gen 1.5 but the dark interior was the standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Mostly, but not 100% apparently. AFAIK the light interior was available on the gen 1.5 but the dark interior was the standard.
    With gen 1, AC button is right of centre (in the centre console). With gen 1.5, AC button is left of centre (in the centre console).

Advertisement