Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New User Issue

Options
  • 26-10-2016 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Hi, I tried to post in an existing thread this morning,and it hasn't shown yet.I'm not sure if this is because it has to be approved,I can't seem to find anything on that. I tried to use the preview post also,and my post disappeared altogether,and I got a message saying my message was too short! I did try a second time and the same thing happened. I know there is already a thread with a similar topic but it is closed as it was resolved.

I'm not sure if this is because I'm a new user,but thanks for any help.

I just tried to preview post now and it disappeared again.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Unfortunately the preview does seem to be linked to post count still. The good news is that this restriction is now 5 posts, so it shouldn't be an issue for too much longer.

Do you have a link to the existing thread? If it's in Help Desk, comments must be approved before they appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

Hi Mark, Thank you for that. I didn't want to keep posting in case I was posting the same post over and over. The post is still not showing,I did submit it, I did a test post yesterday and it worked fine but for the preview button,so I'm wondering now if it had disappeared as I submitted it!

The thread was in Personal Issues,I'm not allowed to post a link as a new user,sorry.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Whocanibe wrote: »
    Hi Mark, Thank you for that. I didn't want to keep posting in case I was posting the same post over and over. The post is still not showing,I did submit it, I did a test post yesterday and it worked fine but for the preview button,so I'm wondering now if it had disappeared as I submitted it!

The thread was in Personal Issues,I'm not allowed to post a link as a new user,sorry.

Whoops, my mistake :o

If you like, you could e-mail hello@boards.ie with the title of the thread and I can check to see if your post is simply awaiting approval. You were commenting rather than starting a new thread, right?

Posts from unregistered users (so if you tried to post while logged out) are pre-moderated. However, if you were trying to post while logged in, it may be something I've to look into a bit further.

Advertisement