Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRC moving distribution to UK.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

By all accounts I've read it was a voluntary merger, I heard no rumblings of it being a hostile take over or out of necessity, both companies were trading well, but that's not to say there were none.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

My understanding is the founders sold it to the owners of Wiggle (who are, I think, venture capitalists who will look to cash in on their investments some time). That needs a decent efficient business model and increases in earnings and profits. Hence I reckon it's not good news to the employees bug probably is to their customer base particularly as there are some major German retailers also looking to build their business and retaining competition within the market.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Could the merger have been looked at in an anti competitive way. My understanding is they would have been two of the biggest vendors, not only in the UK but also in Europe and the merger (potentially) could have been anti competitive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

CramCycle wrote:
    Could the merger have been looked at in an anti competitive way. My understanding is they would have been two of the biggest vendors, not only in the UK but also in Europe and the merger (potentially) could have been anti competitive?

I think that's already been done. One reason it's taken so long to get to this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

this is probably good news for Aquablue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

CramCycle wrote: »

It was done and given the OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭The Ging and I

Not long now until "seller does not post to Ireland" ...
    Then post Brexit it could involve tax on imports.
    Time to find an equivalent shop in France/Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Not long now until "seller does not post to Ireland" ...
    Then post Brexit it could involve tax on imports.
    Time to find an equivalent shop in France/Germany
    I'd love to see SwimCycleRun expand. Their range and prices can't really match CRC/Wiggle, but their service and delivery have always been great.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Laundry_Hamper

There goes every British retailer's incentive to offer free shipping to ROI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

There goes every British retailer's incentive to offer free shipping to ROI.

+1 on this.
    We think we're the sh!t over here but we are almost insignificant in the bigger scheme of things so they'll charge us for shipping knowing we will pay anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

I'd love to see SwimCycleRun expand. Their range and prices can't really match CRC/Wiggle, but their service and delivery have always been great.
    Yeah oddly enough I was thinking the same thing.
    For the Irish market there is now a gaping hole for someone to capitalise (and probably be bought by Wiggle/CRC in the future).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

koutoubia wrote: »
    For the Irish market there is now a gaping hole for someone to capitalise (and probably be bought by Wiggle/CRC in the future).

I have found their prices on certain things to be great, their service is phenomenal and website far cleaner. Pity the selection is not their yet but what they have is good, hopefully this will give them the ability to close the differences in cost a bit.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

koutoubia wrote: »

Mmmmm spending a lot of time looking at swim cycle run stuff ;)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RobFowl wrote: »
    Mmmmm spending a lot of time looking at swim cycle run stuff ;)

We have a special forum for people like you.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

CramCycle wrote: »
    I have found their prices on certain things to be great, their service is phenomenal and website far cleaner. Pity the selection is not their yet but what they have is good, hopefully this will give them the ability to close the differences in cost a bit.
    I'd be the same - better or at least similar to Wiggle/ CRC on a lot of stuff. Plus their (free) next day has always been next day, which hasn't been my experience of CRC. Just don't carry the stock, of even the stuff they've listed, a lot of the time unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭paul mountainbike

Use the AN POST address pal service,used it for stuff from amazon that won't post to ROI,also use for e-bay .
    Just watch parcel size,got caught out with tyres recently as oversize package (cost me 25 euro )

Advertisement