If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speakers needed

Options
  • 26-10-2016 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,774 ✭✭✭✭

Hiya Richersounds!
    I'm in need of a new set of bookshelf Speakers to replace 2 of my trusty old Technics speakers.
    They will be used in a 5.1 set up with Technics centre and surrounds and a yamaha sub.
    Ideally something Bi-wirable and in a natural wood finish to fit my decor.
    Will be driving them via my recently acquired from yerselves Yamaha RX-AV550 amp.
    As always thanks in advance for the help guys.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

banie01 wrote: »
    Hiya Richersounds!
    I'm in need of a new set of bookshelf Speakers to replace 2 of my trusty old Technics speakers.
    They will be used in a 5.1 set up with Technics centre and surrounds and a yamaha sub.
    Ideally something Bi-wirable and in a natural wood finish to fit my decor.
    Will be driving them via my recently acquired from yerselves Yamaha RX-AV550 amp.
    As always thanks in advance for the help guys.
    Hi banie01,

For your specs I would have recommended the Monitor Audio Bronze 2 but they have stopped making them in natural oak, they are only available in black, walnut and white ash at £279. However, if you're looking for a fantastic set of speakers which are bi-wireable and available in a natural oak finish I would highly recommend the Monitor Audio Silver 1s:

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-12579-natural-oak-316515.aspx

These are a step above the bronze series in terms of sound quality and finish and normally retail at £500 but I could do a special Boards price for you at £450 including shipping. They would pair very nicely with the RXA550 as well.

Let me know what you think.

Many thanks

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.