If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amplifier

Options
  • 26-10-2016 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi, looking for an amplifier to suit two heybrook ultima 100w speakers will be used along with a sharp rp 10 turntable, budget at the lower end of the scale as it won't be used too often.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

minzabud wrote: »
    Hi, looking for an amplifier to suit two heybrook ultima 100w speakers will be used along with a sharp rp 10 turntable, budget at the lower end of the scale as it won't be used too often.
    Hey Minzabud.

Apologies for the delay.

Your starting point would be the Yamaha AS201 coming in at £149.00. It has a built in Phono stage for the turntable. ( I cant work out from the information online if the Sharp RP10 has one or not).
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-12592-as201-black.aspx

Next inline would be the Pioneer A10 which would run the items mentioned no problem also.
    Priced at £159.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-11852-a10.aspx

The Yamaha is rated at 100watts per channel whereas the A10 30watts.

Shipping on either would be £6.99
    We also offer on 6 year cover at 10%
    http://www.richersounds.ie/t-six-year.aspx

Both in stock and ready to ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭minzabud

Thanks for the detailed reply the Yamaha option looks great, the rp10 has a 5pin dmx plug I think it's called.

Thanks for the detailed reply the Yamaha option looks great, the rp10 has a 5pin dmx plug I think it's called.
    Hey Minzabud.

Ah...... now that is a problem. Unfortunately that type of connection will not fit into any amp that we stock as its an old form on connection.
    Could you perhaps take a photo and post it here for me to look at. 

Normally now its just a red and white phono cable that is used to connect both. Are there any other connection or out puts on the turntable?

A new turntable may also have to be on the cards.

Hey Minzabud.

Ah...... now that is a problem. Unfortunately that type of connection will not fit into any amp that we stock as its an old form on connection.
    Could you perhaps take a photo and post it here for me to look at. 

Normally now its just a red and white phono cable that is used to connect both. Are there any other connection or out puts on the turntable?

A new turntable may also have to be on the cards.

If the sound from the amp and speakers works out I may well get a new turntable, another poster pointed me in the direction of this adapter?

http://www.conrad.com/ce/en/product/325110/RCA-DIN-connector-Audiophono-Y-adapter-1x-Diode-socket-5-pin-DIN-2x-RCA-plug-phono-Black-SpeaKa-Professional

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

I'm old school enough to know 5-Pin dins no problem - that adaptor will 100% work no problem or of course if you wanted an adventure with a soldering iron we are happy to send you some phono plugs free of charge ( take it from me the adaptor is a better idea)

Why don't you try out your old Sharp RP10 before you take the plunge and buy a new turntable - they were not the best turntables but it was better than many of the uber budget decks around at the moment  ( make sure the belt and stylus are intact 1st though as you really don't want to have to spend lots on it !)

Keep me posted if you need any further advice - due to my advancing years I can give you lots of advice on 60's/70's / 80's /90's vintage kit :( 

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

That's great thanks il be ordering this evening, I found the record player and replaced the belt and stylus so just need the amp to finish it off.

Has the price increased to 169stg?

That's great thanks il be ordering this evening, I found the record player and replaced the belt and stylus so just need the amp to finish it off.

Has the price increased to 169stg?
    Hey Minzabud.

Seems that the AS201 did go up to £169.00 but I can still offer the price I quoted yesterday.

If you want to drop me a contact number in a PM I can give you a call.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.