Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eden Gate double front houses - quality and life in the area in general

• 26-10-2016 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am considering buying a double front 5 bed house (226sqm) in Eden Gate. I've lived in the Delgany area for 3 years so I know Delgany/ Greystones is a good place. My question is specifically about Eden Gate. Now that it has been about a decade from opening, is it still a good experience living there? Is the location ok or too far to walk to seaside? Are the houses warm, is the area safe for kids to play outside etc. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I don't live there, the houses look nice (and big) but the location would put me off. It's in a kind of no-mans land between Greystones, Delgany and Kilcoole and not really walkable to any of the village centres. Also to drive into it from Greystones you have to go all the way to the N11 and loop back which I think would get old really quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭oinkely

Or you can drive through delgany village and take the left turn opposite the pigeon house and get in that way. Saves the up an dback the spine road (which i would rather do, as it's only a km or so up and back).

ps - don't live there so can't comment on that. Seems like a nice quiet area though, i often jog around there in the evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭beepbeeprichie

I lived in there for 5 years. It's nice enough but as said it's quite far out. A taxi back from down town was 12-14 quid!
    Houses seemed decent but the place felt a bit cramped. I remember when the houses were first sold that the 5 beds were priced at over one million EUR. I couldn't fathom that if you had that money why the hell would you live in an estate beside a busy road with a small garden and on top of your neighbours? Not sure how much you are looking at these days but I still couldn't justify the cost of living in there. Buy a few miles south of greystones and you could have plenty of space for your money. Going anywhere from Eden gate requires a car journey anyway so it wouldn't make much difference.
    Actually a quick daft search shows places in kilquaid and kilpeddar going cheaper than Eden gate properties and both on half acres. Don't get so hung up on living "in" greystones. Save yourself a bunch of cash and avoid management fees and avoid getting the annoying residents committee letters!!
    That's just my opinion, like I said the houses in Eden gate are pretty nice but I value personal space over most things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Interesting thoughts on this estate. HOw do you know which estates have management fees and how much would they normally come to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭Hack12

Your advised when purchasing. I am not sure on house management fees but apartments are ridiculous around €1,600 per annum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Hack12 wrote: »
    Your advised when purchasing. I am not sure on house management fees but apartments are ridiculous around €1,600 per annum.

Yuck. I was driving through some estates today and saw a little 'management' office. I'd say given the amount of buildings in these places they will make a very tidy profit for grass cutting.

Advertisement