Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barna Waste or Wers?

Options
  • 27-10-2016 3:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭

Want to get Bins. No idea which to go with. Which would you recommend? What are yere experience of either? What are the pros and cons of either? How does it all work anyway? I'm of a simple mind unfortunately and don't understand these things. (Please don't spew out copied text from their Websites, I don't understand that either!) I just want clear-cut Rates and to know what's what! :) T.i.a.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Have been with Barna for a few years, in current house and at previous address. No experience of WERS.

Customer Service has generally been good.
    Any problem was sorted quickly, eg had a dodgy wheel on a bin and then came straight out to fix.
    Slight issue when we moved house that nobody told the driver of the lorry to stop, but they sent a van out to collect separately.

Their website is good, you can view your account history, including each bin lift and how much each bin weighed on the day.

Costs just under €30 per month direct debit. Not sure of exact amount - perhaps 28/29.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭tobdom

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057596219

We went with Barna recently - haven't had any issues with them to-date. Both bins collected together every 2nd week. No missed lifts or any issues so far.

Direct debit is €29.17 per month (€175 every 6 months - that's the way they price it)

Advertisement