Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorway Tolls

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I have never paid a toll in my life when on the bike, not to get all political but its a double tax in my eyes. If I could get away with it in my car I would not pay either, they get enough money from my wife on her commute to work.

I must have well a truly gone through the tolls all over this fair land about 100 times and never heard a dicky bird back. So until I hear from DICKY (no homo jokes) I shall continue to do so......

Well fair play to you .....pray tell how you do the port tunnel as that's one place I go through all the time and it grits me to pay bloody 3euro for a bike. I see their point as primarily a truck tunnel but it's so handy for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

duskyjoe wrote: »
    Well fair play to you .....pray tell how you do the port tunnel as that's one place I go through all the time and it grits me to pay bloody 3euro for a bike. I see their point as primarily a truck tunnel but it's so handy for me

3 Euro! :eek: :eek:

Surely with a bike, the port tunnel negates its handyness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

listermint wrote: »
    3 Euro! :eek: :eek:

Surely with a bike, the port tunnel negates its handyness.

I know, I know. Lazy pants here cuts it very tight commuting south side heading to swords and I sometimes offer it up and just pay the 3€ as it saves me a good 15mins I reckon in peak traffic even on a bike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

In fairness mate I have never travelled through the Port Tunnel, so no Idea how that works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

duskyjoe wrote: »

Port Tunnel is handy, even when on a bike. I used to work on Shelbourne Road. Heading to the airport on a Friday would be going over the east link, through the PT and out to the airport in 10 minutes.
    Or else going down the pearse street route, out through the nightmare of Drumcondra in rush hour traffic, especially in rain. Give me the port tunnel any day! Exhaust sounds amazing in there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    In fairness mate I have never travelled through the Port Tunnel, so no Idea how that works.

How do you avoid tolls on some of the M or N roads, where they're barrier-ed? I know sometimes it looks like one could scoot around the side, but sometimes not too. Generally by the time I see an opportunity, it's kinda too late.

In general I avoid paying, as much as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

rat_race wrote: »
    How do you avoid tolls on some of the M or N roads, where they're barrier-ed? I know sometimes it looks like one could scoot around the side, but sometimes not too. Generally by the time I see an opportunity, it's kinda too late.

In general I avoid paying, as much as possible.

You kidding me, you would get a 50 ft bendy bus through the far left hand lane (trucks and buses) the barriers are even staggered at most of them lie on tank and 20mph through them.

Really is that easy.

Obviously a loose tax disc on the old regarooney goes along way to the plan TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭underwaterdog

Went through the M4 toll Friday and yesterday. Had coins ready in a coin bag in the tank and just handed them though the window. Still a pain though

Advertisement