Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice restaurant Dun laoghaire?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

fixxxer wrote: »
    The breakfast is standard fare hotel stuff, not bad but nothing to get excited about. Had dinner there a couple of times though and that was very nice. If you fancy a walk before Dinner I'd suggest heading to Dalkey and Cavistons. The sea food there is amazing, but you would have to book ahead.

How come no one has mentioned Nandos yet? :confused:

Cause most of us are not teenagers.
    toby2111 wrote: »
    We're heading tomorrow for a nice 2 night relaxing break. Kids have been sick and up all night this past week so it's coming at the right time! Hopefully get a nice room, get some decent food in dun laoghaire and have treatments booked.... On a side note, what's the Spa in royal marine like? Heard it's nice.

Wife was in the spa recently and really liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Just back from a lively 2 night break. Lovely hotel, got a complimentary upgrade cos of our anniversary which was a nice touch. Room was huge and fantastic views over the Harbour. Dinner was average but breakfast was the usual buffet, plenty of it. Spa was great, had lovely treatments.
    Got lunch in Leonardos across the road on 1st day, soup and sambo, was ok. Then had lunch in gourmet food Parlour, nice place but food was average, nothing special. Had dinner in Toscana, again nice restaurant, food was fine, nothing amazing but.
    Dun Laoghaire itself seems a strange mix. Some nice shops, some boarded up, run down places. Some posh, well spoken people and then some junkies and less fortunate people.
    Overall, I'd go back to the hotel and visit some of the other eating places recommended here.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭cricalix

Hah, saw this too late. I'm slightly partial to Bistro le Monde that's sandwiched between Milano and GFP. Usually quiet, though I've seen the place booked out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Awaaf

Always found GFP hit and miss. Bistro le Monde has always been good when I have been there. It seems to be a family operation but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭cricalix

Awaaf wrote: »
    Always found GFP hit and miss. Bistro le Monde has always been good when I have been there. It seems to be a family operation but I could be wrong.
    Yeah, it's pretty much a family operation; I've been going there since about a month after she opened the place. Never cheap, but I've never had a bad meal there, and the chef loves to come up with some nice presentations.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Awaaf wrote: »

Yea I recommended GFP but the last time I went wasn't as good as previous times unfortunately.

Advertisement