Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text messge : "Online acces has been blocked"

Options
  • 27-10-2016 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭

I just got a text message pertaining to be from BOI saying that my BOI online access has been locked for security reasons and to click a link to confirm my details. But I can log into my BOI online just fine.
    The phone no it came from was 087-1667978

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I just got a text message pertaining to be from BOI saying that my BOI online access has been locked for security reasons and to click a link to confirm my details. But I can log into my BOI online just fine.
    Good morning Sunny Dayz,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

As you correctly suspected, this was not sent from Bank of Ireland. We never send emails/text messages of this nature asking you to click a resolution link.  If you haven't already deleted it, could you please email a screenshot of the text message to 365security@boi.com for investigation.

Many thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention.

Have a lovely day.

Richie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Good morning Sunny Dayz,

As you correctly suspected, this was not sent from Bank of Ireland. We never send emails/text messages of this nature asking you to click a resolution link.  If you haven't already deleted it, could you please email a screenshot of the text message to 365security@boi.com for investigation.

Have a lovely day.

Richie
    Thanks Richard. It's scary how that happened. It had only logged in to check my balance. I don't understand how I would then get that text message 10 mins later. Making me very wary now. I have screen shot of it so will email on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard

Good morning Sunny Dayz,

Have a lovely day.

Richie
    Thanks Richard. It's scary how that happened. It had only logged in to check my balance. I don't understand how I would then get that text message 10 mins later. Making me very wary now. I have screen shot of it so will email on.
    Hello again,

We can assure you that the timing of you receiving this text message was entirely coincidental. We have strict security measures in place to ensure the safety and security of your account information.

Thank you for taking the time to email the screenshot to our security team.

Richie

Advertisement