Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mounting a U lock

Options
  • 27-10-2016 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭

I have a water bottle on my bike and cannot fit a new kryptonite lock within the triange of the frame. The lock is nearly 2 kgs and I'd rather not carry it in my back pack. How else can I mount this lock without it falling off the bike. I tried mounting it on the rear part of the frame near the wheel but the lock doesn't feel secure mounted there. It will surely break out of that plastic bracket.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Plastic bracket at one end, velcro strip at the other tying lock to frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Use a handlebar mount for the bottle cage

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Buy another lock.
    Try to avoid having to carry it at all.

Leave one at Your destination.( which I'm assuming is work)
    Leave the other one at home and only carry it ( on your back in a backpack) if absolutely necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I'd the same problem. Solution was to attach mine to the seat tube, and folds back against chainstay/seatstay triangle. Velcro it in place there. Plenty of clearance to avoid pedal catching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

A variation of this might work:

113954.JPG

• Advertisement
Advertisement