Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you change with the weather?

Options
  • 27-10-2016 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭

its sh!t outside, dark drizzly, cold .. just Sh!tey basically. and I have the mother of all headaches which aint shifting an hour later even after taking 2 parachuteamoles

is it depression? - I was OK the other day when the sun was shining. - I have just come to the conclusion my mood must just change with the weather.

anyone else got a headache today?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

SAD is real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I feel amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Yes, when it rains I change from dry to wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I think the weather does affect my mood, that's one of the reasons why I live in the south of Spain.

The sun shines for most of the year, maybe three or four weeks of rain a year, only two uncomfortably cold months and even then it doesn't get as cold as back home. It's also further south so more daylight in winter. Also, you can do more outdoor activities more often and people tend to meet up outdoors too. I definitely feel this helps me to be somewhat happier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I try to be grumpy all year round, but it is easier in winter time.

• Advertisement

The opposite, hate hot days with sun beating down and no respite.

Love Autumn, the colours, mountain walks with the mists sweeping in over South Kerry, and Winter when the weather turns to snow and ice on higher ground.

Summer and sunshine is just so benign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I definitely do. Once the cold air sets in and is really noticeable I begin to cough a lot more and sometimes find it harder to breathe with the damp air. Also the days to feel fierce depressing altogether. Today is a good example as going to work it's dark and coming home it's dark and the sky is just filled with grey. I should really move to sunnier climes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I think the weather does affect my mood, that's one of the reasons why I live in the south of Spain.

The sun shines for most of the year, maybe three or four weeks of rain a year, only two uncomfortably cold months and even then it doesn't get as cold as back home. It's also further south so more daylight in winter. Also, you can do more outdoor activities more often and people tend to meet up outdoors too. I definitely feel this helps me to be somewhat happier.

sounds great - I wonder if we can move Ireland to there :)

Winterlong wrote: »
    I try to be grumpy all year round, but it is easier in winter time.

it becomes a lot easier when you become mid age to OAP too :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

I'm a summer person, my best memories in life are probably in sunnier climes. I'm dreading this clock change nonsense and the dark evenings. I'll definitely retire somewhere hot, so only 20 years to go and I'll take an early retirement :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Weather is for poor people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I change my underwear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Same here in Portugal more or less :D

Are you happy this weekend Jack :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

Sometimes I can appreciate when it's miserable out and you get home and make the house cosy and light a fire but I definitely prefer the summer months.

Funny, it doesn't effect you when you're a kid. Hail, rain or snow, I didn't care. I always wanted to be out playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

No not really. I'm pretty good with summer and winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Dpg21

Yep I think the weather affects my mood, I love warmer countries, this is going to be my first winter since 2012/13 and I'm dreading it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

This is my absolute favourite time of year I love it

i like snow and ice because they are normally bright days with vgorating fresh smelling air, its the dark rainy drizzly miserable days where it constantly rains all day I detest

Advertisement