Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concrete/Cement Floor Prices

Options
  • 27-10-2016 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi.

I have just had a garden shed installed onto a concrete base. As per the company's suggestions/guidelines, to prevent dampness in the unit I should have a cement floor poured inside and to the depth of the base metal frame. Standard stuff, however I'm looking for prices for this, as I was quoted €800 from a supplier that the shed company 'recommend'.

Maybe it's just me but €800 sounds a bit rich when you consider that I priced a cubic mtr of ready mix cement from two suppliers here in the Tallaght area and both come in at approx €220. The shed in 4m x 5m and both companies calculated I only need approx .7 of a cable mtr, but the smallest amount they supply is 1 cubic mtr.

So.... anyone got info re prices?

Tanks a mil in advance.

Comments

Advertisement