Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Geographic Subscription Issue

Options
  • 27-10-2016 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi all, a couple of weeks ago I ordered a yearly subscription of national geographic off the NGM service website, it cost me €39. I paid with MasterCard but when I checked my card balance it still hadn't be taken out (~5 days after). I emailed customer service and they said they had problems with my card so the payment didn't go through so my subscription didn't go through and I would have to pay with a different card but when I log onto the site I still have an account. I emailed customer service and told them to please cancel my subscription as that card is my only means of paying (I'm 17, didn't mention this in the email though). Today I received a letter to my house saying that because of the discrepancy in credit card info they discontinued efforts to bill my credit card but that they have re entered my order for the same term and value under their regular billing plan (Which I didn't have any say in) and that I'll be receiving a bill shortly. I logged back onto the site and it's now showing under bill information €39. I emailed them again stressing that I don't want this and haven't received any magazines or anything and to please cancel my subscription. But I'm basically wondering what I can expect to happen, since they basically ignored my first request to cancel the subscription?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

My advice is wait and see. I had an issue last year where my subscription for NG for Kids doubled up and they sorted it when I contacted them. Their website is awful but I found their customer service alright.

Advertisement