Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ios development q ?

Options
  • 27-10-2016 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

1. Have a cordova development environment ( no mac present AT ALL )

2. Want to develop xcode apps - compiled OK on Linux with cordova.

3. Question . Without paying Apple money to be a 'developer' can I get the compiled app to run on an Iphone or IPad ? Assume I have a cable to a Windows PC and Itunes. can I ftp or drag and drop the app in itunes onto my device

Thanks in advance

T>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 webfruits

You could try renting a mac in the cloud
    https://www.macincloud.com
    I have not used it but it says it supports all dev tools for MacOS
    I know some people also use the mac mini to make apps too - cheaper than their laptops

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

trellheim wrote: »
    Hi folks

1. Have a cordova development environment ( no mac present AT ALL )

2. Want to develop xcode apps - compiled OK on Linux with cordova.

3. Question . Without paying Apple money to be a 'developer' can I get the compiled app to run on an Iphone or IPad ? Assume I have a cable to a Windows PC and Itunes. can I ftp or drag and drop the app in itunes onto my device

Thanks in advance

T>

Not familiar with Cordova development but afaik you can test your native apps from xcode on your iOS device without paying for a developer account. The developer account is necessary when you want to distribute the app on the app store.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

punk_one82 wrote: »
    Not familiar with Cordova development but afaik you can test your native apps from xcode on your iOS device without paying for a developer account. The developer account is necessary when you want to distribute the app on the app store.

This is correct, you can test an iOS app on your own device without needing a developer account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭trellheim

OK do I need a Mac to build iOS apps , I really do not want to build an OS X vm unless I really have to.

THanks for the answers BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭trellheim

argh it looks like xcode is only available on a mac .. who the hell uses macs these days argh

right off to torrent sierra why do people make it difficult FFS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

trellheim wrote: »
    who the hell uses macs these days argh

Everyone. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rustybmw

p

Advertisement