Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hillary Clinton email scandal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

He confirmed it was in the video when asked so I'm not quite sure what to say.

Given that it's more recent and he has no reason to say differently on national television I'll stick with my presumption the investigation is already underway.

My original point was that they are investigating Clinton, be it now or January, the date for me doesn't matter, also Clinton isn't elected yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,061 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

This is one of the few interviews of official nature offering some insight into what's going on currently so I thought it was worth posting. Congressman Jason Chaffetz says they've told the DOJ to preserve all available documents concerning the investigation. Confirms they have a separate investigation going on HRC for misuse of power as secretary of state. Said they have information they would take two years to get through. He goes on to say "potentially one of the largest breaches of security in the history of the state department" "We're going to expose this and shine light on it"

I listened to the interview. The "potentially" bit makes him sound like he's unsure if there's anything there, almost like "we'll see what's there when we look at it".

How do you feel about the "instructing DOJ to preserve any new records it comes across in the investigations" part of the interview quote of the Fox News host, given how she, immediately after that, went on to say that not everyone on Hillary's team apparently did that?

To me, her question was loaded, her joining together of the DOJ and Hillary team in the present tense. The Hillary's team not doing that seems to imply that records were destroyed and the DOJ might do like-wise, even though it, and the AG, are not part of Hillary team. It read like she thought the DOJ, under the AG, would destroy relevant records (maybe even FBI material turned over to the DOJ for perusal by the AG).

I'm left wondering if the usual courtesy of letting the TV show guest know in advance what questions were going to be put by the host applied here, to avoid any embarrassment. I was so interested in the interview I forgot it was Fox News.

Edit... I have to keep reminding myself that neither Don not Hillary have faced a jury yet on criminal charges, the whole election thingy has me biased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I think it's common knowledge at this stage the higher ups in the DOJ are protecting the Clinton's and there's an internal fight between them, the higher ups in the FBI and honest working FBI agents. With all these leaks coming out daily some of them clearly connect DOJ employees with the Clinton's.

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/11/02/the-lead-fbi-and-wikileaks-sciutto.cnn

Incredible situation really, the next days will surely spring some more surprises. Mr Gowdy and the others have their work cut out for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

I think it's common knowledge at this stage the higher ups in the DOJ are protecting the Clinton's and there's an internal fight between them, the higher ups in the FBI and honest working FBI agents. With all these leaks coming out daily some of them clearly connect DOJ employees with the Clinton's.

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/11/02/the-lead-fbi-and-wikileaks-sciutto.cnn

Incredible situation really, the next days will surely spring some more surprises. Mr Gowdy and the others have their work cut out for them.

It's really not common knowledge. It's a common Trump talking point, but that's a different matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

alastair wrote: »
    It's really not common knowledge. It's a common Trump talking point, but that's a different matter.

Well, it is common knowledge (even in Europe) that resignation letters have been piling up from disaffected FBI agents over Comey’s announcement that he wouldn't recommend an indictment against Hillary Clinton.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3886942/Resignation-letters-piling-disaffected-FBI-agents-wife-urging-admit-wrong-Director-Comey-jumped-chance-reopen-Hillary-investigation.html

Amerika wrote: »
    Well, it is common knowledge (even in Europe) that resignation letters have been piling up from disaffected FBI agents over Comey’s announcement that he wouldn't recommend an indictment against Hillary Clinton.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3886942/Resignation-letters-piling-disaffected-FBI-agents-wife-urging-admit-wrong-Director-Comey-jumped-chance-reopen-Hillary-investigation.html

No it's not. It's the claim of a single source - Ed Klein, who co-incidently, is currently touting his book on Hillary; 'Guilty as Sin'. Hmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,310 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

"piling up" is a talking point and not a direct quote of any measure.

Overheal wrote: »
    "piling up" is a talking point and not a direct quote of any measure.

Given that the FBI's determination on the Hillary emails was months back, you'd imagine that this supposed pile of resignations would have actually produced a pile of now ex-FBI agents, just itching to tell the story of how Comey didn't do what they wanted, and what a big disgrace the whole affair is. But no, none to date.

“I think this is the most significant email in the whole collection” This regarding the latest email dump by Julian Assange’s WikiLeaks.

He is asserting that the email indicates both Clinton and ISIS are being funded by the same money.

“My analysis is that Trump would not be permitted to win. Why do I say that? Because he has had every establishment off his side. Trump does not have one establishment, maybe with the exception of the Evangelicals, if you can call them an establishment.” “Banks, intelligence, arms companies, foreign money, etc. are all united behind Hillary Clinton. And the media as well. Media owners, and the journalists themselves.”

https://www.rt.com/news/365299-assange-pilger-saudi-clinton/

Well. personally speaking, when I hear/see the Daily Mail used in connection with an article, I get very sceptical and give it a good shaking first to see what tumbles out. It's almost automatic for a right-wing xenophobic to appear. I'll have a look at the article though.

• Advertisement

“I think this is the most significant email in the whole collection” This regarding the latest email dump by Julian Assange’s WikiLeaks.

He is asserting that the email indicates both Clinton and ISIS are being funded by the same money.

“My analysis is that Trump would not be permitted to win. Why do I say that? Because he has had every establishment off his side. Trump does not have one establishment, maybe with the exception of the Evangelicals, if you can call them an establishment.” “Banks, intelligence, arms companies, foreign money, etc. are all united behind Hillary Clinton. And the media as well. Media owners, and the journalists themselves.”

https://www.rt.com/news/365299-assange-pilger-saudi-clinton/

Is the funding ally Saudi Arabia?

aloyisious wrote: »
    Is the funding ally Saudi Arabia?

Primarily.... yes.

Primarily.... yes.

Except that it's not.
    It’s now possible to look up donation amounts on the Clinton Foundation’s website. Using Trump’s Saudi Arabia example, Saudi Arabia shows up as having given between $10 million and $25 million since the foundation started. When it began in 1997, the foundation’s main goal was to build the Clinton presidential library, although it left open the option to "engage in any and all other charitable, educational and scientific activities" that nonprofits are allowed to do under federal law.

The Washington Post reported that Saudi Arabia gave about $10 million to build the library. (According to the Post, the Saudis gave a similar amount to the George H.W. Bush library.) After the library donation, the Saudis gave very little and stopped giving entirely during the time Clinton was secretary of state. She stepped down in early February 2013.

Saudi Arabia gave again in 2014, but it was a small fraction of what the Gulf State kingdom had given before. These details come from news reports, and when we brought the numbers to the foundation staff, they said they were accurate.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/jul/07/fact-checking-donations-clinton-foundation/

Didn't that money come to the Bush library after Bush left office and could not help Saudi Arabia, and the money came to the Clinton Foundation while she was Secretary of State and able to influence US policy decisions? Maybe with Clinton, Saudi Arabia new they had to pay to play?

Didn't that money come to the Bush library after Bush left office and could not help Saudi Arabia, and the money came to the Clinton Foundation while she was Secretary of State and able to influence US policy decisions? Maybe with Clinton, Saudi Arabia new they had to pay to play?

Bill had left office too. Hillary was merely a senator in the opposition party. How were either supposed to help the Saudi's? The Saudi's contributed zilch to the Clinton Foundation while Hillary was Secretary of State (a point I highlighted just one post back!). Pretty much everything you're implying is at odds with the facts.

Bill had left office too. Hillary was merely a senator in the opposition party. How were either supposed to help the Saudi's? The Saudi's contributed zilch to the Clinton Foundation while Hillary was Secretary of State (a point I highlighted just one post back!). Pretty much everything you're implying is at odds with the facts.
    I thought the Clinton Foundation got some funds while she was SoS, but I could be wrong. But a senator destined, by all accounts, to be the next president after Obama, wouldn't you agree?

I thought the Clinton Foundation got some funds while she was SoS, but I could be wrong.

You're wrong, just as you're wrong about the Saudis being a primary funder of the Clinton Foundation generally.
    But a senator destined, by all accounts, to be the next president after Obama, wouldn't you agree?

Neither Hillary, nor Obama, were in anyone's frame in the early 2000's. The first time most people learned anything about Obama was in 2004, at the the DNC. So, no, I wouldn't agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Baseless case/hoax against TRUMP dropped yet again, but Hillary IS still under FBI Investigation:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/04/donald-trump-teenage-rape-accusations-lawsuit-dropped

Also, this #Spiritcooking stuff coming from John Podesta's emails is really, really gross.
    I admit to having a hard time with it, makes me feel sick:

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/15893
    Fwd: Dinner

To: john.podesta@gmail.com
    Date: 2015-06-28 01:48
    Subject: Fwd: Dinner

Are you in NYC Thursday July 9
    Marina wants you to come to dinner
    Mary?

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Marina Abramovic <marinaxabramovic@gmail.com<mailto:marinaxabramovic@gmail.com>>
    Date: June 28, 2015 at 2:35:08 AM GMT+2
    To: Tony Podesta <podesta@podesta.com<mailto:podesta@podesta.com>>
    Subject: Dinner

Dear Tony,

I am so looking forward to the Spirit Cooking dinner at my place. Do you think you will be able to let me know if your brother is joining?

All my love, Marina

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭FISMA.

I thought the Clinton Foundation got some funds while she was SoS, but I could be wrong.
    You're wrong,...

Foreign governments gave millions to foundation while Clinton was at State Dept.

The Clinton Foundation accepted millions of dollars from seven foreign governments during Hillary Rodham Clinton’s tenure as secretary of state, including one donation that violated its ethics agreement with the Obama administration, foundation officials disclosed Wednesday.

FISMA. wrote: »
    Foreign governments gave millions to foundation while Clinton was at State Dept.

The Clinton Foundation accepted millions of dollars from seven foreign governments during Hillary Rodham Clinton’s tenure as secretary of state, including one donation that violated its ethics agreement with the Obama administration, foundation officials disclosed Wednesday.

Anything from the Saudis there?

Nope. As I've already posted. So this whole 'primarily financed by Saudis' line is demonstrably nonsense.

Breathaking interview : John Pilger and Julian Assange.

Assange says the email between Hillary Clinton and John Podesta re: Isis being funded by the Governments of Saudi Arabia and Qatar is,
    in his opinion, the most important of the entire leak:

"Breathtaking" "swoonworthy" "wet"

/opens letter

"Three words that never describe a political interview."

When you listen to it with take my breath away playing in the background doesn't get any more believable and unbiased ?

If Julian assigns was really in this for objective reasons triple out releases in the manner he has. Neither would he have waited until late October; having previously claimed he feared for his life so he didn't release them one Tuesday earlier in the month. Cut us a break, nobody wants to cut or break him he has some kind of personal vendetta against Hillary Clinton and as far as Trump goes he doesn't give a **** simply because he's not American and doesn't give two ****s about what's going to happen to the country. He may actually see trumps election as a faster way to downfall the American empire as he sees it. You could listen to them all day if you want just do yourself a favor and keep his motives in front of you. "Breathtaking"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Well, its been well known that ISIS is being indirectly (indeed directly if you take out the CIA middlemen) funded by american government money. URL="http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/27/world/middleeast/cia-arms-for-syrian-rebels-supplied-black-market-officials-say.html"]example[/URL URL="http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cia-weapons-syrian-jihadis-isis-selling-facebook/"]example[/URL So if you think that Clinton is being funded secretly by the US government, you can start to see how preposterous that staement is.
    It seems quite obvious that while the U.S. likely supplies al-Qaeda affiliate the al-Nusra front, Ahrar al Shams, and other jihadists in the Syrian combat theater, the idea that the U.S. is once again using the al-Qaeda terror network, similarly to how they were used to fight a proxy war against the Soviet Union in Afghanistan, should give pause to every American as a potential replaying of past U.S. foreign policy failures.
    Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cia-weapons-syrian-jihadis-isis-selling-facebook/#v3orVxwl2utBpgQ1.99

To suddenly lay all this at the door of HRC is a little naive, considering thelast 4 decades of US hegemony in the region.

Well, its been well known that ISIS is being indirectly (indeed directly if you take out the CIA middlemen) funded by american government money. URL="http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/27/world/middleeast/cia-arms-for-syrian-rebels-supplied-black-market-officials-say.html"]example[/URL URL="http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cia-weapons-syrian-jihadis-isis-selling-facebook/"]example[/URL So if you think that Clinton is being funded secretly by the US government, you can start to see how preposterous that staement is.

To suddenly lay all this at the door of HRC is a little naive, considering thelast 4 decades of US hegemony in the region.

Well on that last point they see her as part of those last four decades

• Advertisement

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Breathaking interview : John Pilger and Julian Assange.

Seriously - is that news to you? That wahhabist Saudi Arabia has been sending fundamentalist Imans to Afghanistan for 20 years to train the current generation of Al-qaeda and ISIS nut jobs?

None of these emails really is as shattering as you would like to believe. They are being leaked to you deliberately. They simply hint at what is already understood.

I think this guy has trump summed up best ( and its totally legit, AmazingFun - its on the internet and everything)

https://twitter.com/alqaeda/status/794526517451689984

Donald Trump, age 70 and having just experienced one of Hillary's violent "bird doggers" in Reno, rolls into Denver for Rally number 4 of the day: High energy! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,671 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Donald Trump, age 70 and having just experienced one of Hillary's violent "bird doggers" in Reno, rolls into Denver for Rally number 4 of the day: High energy! :)

Must have missed this bit, link to said violence please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭FISMA.

Clinton's mishandling of classified information, a statute where intent need not be established, is reaching absurd levels. According to the New York Post:

Clinton directed her maid to print out classified materials.

“Pls ask Marina to print for me in am,” Clinton emailed top aide Huma Abedin regarding a redacted 2011 message marked sensitive but unclassified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,671 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Clinton's mishandling of classified information, a statute where intent need not be established, is reaching absurd levels. According to the New York Post:

“Pls ask Marina to print for me in am,” Clinton emailed top aide Huma Abedin regarding a redacted 2011 message marked sensitive but unclassified.

Does not compute :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭Clarebelly

I Lemon pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

There are some suspicions his energy comes from cocaine. He has been known to throw parties littered with the stuff after all.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Overheal wrote: »
    There are some suspicions his energy comes from cocaine. He has been known to throw parties littered with the stuff after all.

His arrogance reminds me of a man on a cocaine binge, but I doubt that's the real reason.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    His arrogance reminds me of a man on a cocaine binge, but I doubt that's the real reason.

I'd say the true reason has to do with energy supplements and the natural high of being a narcissist at the center of attention. A president Trump would not show nearly this much energy in office, except in front of a camera or on the golf course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Err, back on topic please.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

The FBI has concluded its review of the "Weiner" emails (*heh*) and has not updated its previous conclusions in the HRC investigation.

https://www.facebook.com/mediaite/posts/10150784115889963

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Yes it turns out that Watergate is actually Trumpgate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,504 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

This is a big win for Hillary. But they said it would take months, they come back a week later with the all clear. The letter was over the top, making a point of the impossible
    '' we done an extraordinary about of work in a short time''
    First investigation had much less emails and took month and months.
    We all know Comey had pressure but on him to write that letter, he had something to lose.
    What was in those emails but have been incredible. The simply fact Hillary hid this device and the fact it stored 650,000 emails is enough. The emails must have been really damaging to people right at the top imho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,504 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Former FBI director on fox news now
    ''Looking at espionage statute and what Hillary and her inner circle did, she broken laws ''
    But she's above the law.
    Seems the FBI is even confused by Comey letter.

• Advertisement

The simply fact Hillary hid this device and the fact it stored 650,000 emails is enough.

Eh? Where are you getting this from?

the figure of 650,000 was the FBI's estimate of what Wieners laptop could contain. They guessed that a proportion of that total had to be from Clinton ( by probability it seems)

The actual number if emails that related to Secretary Clinton was never revealed, but judging by the speed at which they have admitted there is nothing, i imagine it was pretty small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

The emails must have been really damaging to people right at the top imho

They wouldn't necessarily be "damaging" content-wise

It's just that business of that nature should be conducted via official email where everything is recorded

If this business is done offline, then the public will naturally suspect the worst. Even redacting info from a report has the exact same effect (e.g. the 28 pages of redacted info from the 911 commission report)

This is something every politician instinctively knows - and Hillary made an extremely bad error of judgement in that regard. Yeah the FBI found no criminality in the emails - but the political damage is done and permanent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

aloyisious wrote: »

He already has done according to RTE News at 9.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    He already has done according to RTE News at 9.

Ta for that, missed it. I wasn't sure if the Beeb one was one of the library of Don's "rigged" statements or a new one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Talking about Hillary hiding the e-mails why have all of these people not spoken up about the Bush administration losing 22 MILLION e-mails inc. conveniently "losing" critical e-mails subpoenaed? Oh but that was the Republicans so it was ok, right? It was getting the same air time as Hillary's e-mails did, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

In fairness I think this race has been more so than any other race about the candidates and not the candidates party. A lot of Trump supports who are not USA voters don't really care about the Republican party's former antics. To most Donald could be in any party.

To say one party is less corrupt than the other would be an ignorant stance to take.

Hillary has so much baggage, so many other politicians would step down. I'm not sure if she is determined or fearful. Maybe the Oval Office provides the best opportunity to escape conviction or clear her name.

Every great national falls from within. I always felt economically prosperous states would cause a break up. Looking how this race has gone, the building divide and animosity brings them closer to civil war. Hopefully no time soon.

Reminder: The Clinton Foundation is still under FBI Investigation ;)

“The FBI’s findings from its criminal investigation of Hillary Clinton’s secret email server were a damning and unprecedented indictment of her judgment. The FBI found evidence Clinton broke the law, that she placed highly classified national security information at risk and repeatedly lied to the American people about her reckless conduct. None of this changes the fact that the FBI continues to investigate the Clinton Foundation for corruption involving her tenure as secretary of state. Hillary Clinton should never be president.”

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/11/06/rnc-fbi-continues-investigate-clinton-foundation/

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Skommando

I feel sorry for the USA, the quality of politicians there is almost as bad as Ireland.

• Advertisement

Reminder: The Clinton Foundation is still under FBI Investigation ;)

“The FBI’s findings from its criminal investigation of Hillary Clinton’s secret email server were a damning and unprecedented indictment of her judgment. The FBI found evidence Clinton broke the law, that she placed highly classified national security information at risk and repeatedly lied to the American people about her reckless conduct. None of this changes the fact that the FBI continues to investigate the Clinton Foundation for corruption involving her tenure as secretary of state. Hillary Clinton should never be president.”

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/11/06/rnc-fbi-continues-investigate-clinton-foundation/

No matter. Once the president elect the Foundation is to be transferred to a blind trust.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/292230-clinton-foundation-to-undergo-overhaul-if-hillary-wins

Advertisement