Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hillary Clinton email scandal

18910111214»

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Kurt Eichenwald pulling no punches on Comey:
    James Comey should not simply be fired as director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. He must be barred forever from any form of public service.

[...]

Time and again, Comey did what Comey wanted to do—regardless of the advice, regardless of what others thought, regardless of whether his arguments had no evidence supporting them.

[...]

A huge swath of the public now thinks the FBI is a completely political organization: A large number of Democrats, because of the original letter followed by a week’s worth of leaks from other agents about other investigations, are convinced that the bureau is manipulating the election for the Republicans and cannot be trusted. Meanwhile, plenty of Republicans are arguing that Comey’s newest findings can’t possibly be true and that he caved to pressure from the Democrats. In other words, no matter what side of the political spectrum anyone is on, they agree that the FBI is political.

It’s not. Unfortunately, though, it is led by a man who finally outsmarted himself with his own arrogance. He has done more damage to the reputation of the FBI than any director since the Nixon administration. Comey will, without doubt, be listed as second only to Hoover as the worst director to ever hold the office because of his willingness to abuse his power.

It's an interesting article. I think firing Comey would be a politically-charged move in its own right, mind you. It's a perfect example of how the polarisation of American politics creates non-stop no-win situations: in this case, a man who appears to be unfit to run the FBI will probably have to be left in place because half the population will never accept that his ouster was anything other than politically-motivated revenge. And that's true no matter who wins the election. Crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,061 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Kurt Eichenwald pulling no punches on Comey:

It's an interesting article. I think firing Comey would be a politically-charged move in its own right, mind you. It's a perfect example of how the polarisation of American politics creates non-stop no-win situations: in this case, a man who appears to be unfit to run the FBI will probably have to be left in place because half the population will never accept that his ouster was anything other than politically-motivated revenge. And that's true no matter who wins the election. Crazy.

It's probable that the majority of both parties in Congress and the Senate won't trust him and freeze him out, with the President not stepping in to protect him, leaving him in coventry with no choice but to retire from public service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

So, the BIG DAY has arrived. We'll see if Wikileaks and the revelations about the collusion between media and the Clinton Campaign has an effect on outcomes. Let's hope so!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Amazingfun wrote: »
    So, the BIG DAY has arrived. We'll see if Wikileaks and the revelations about the collusion between media and the Clinton Campaign has an effect on outcomes. Let's hope so!

If you are just trolling now ( I hope), then gg!!!:pac:

I think we both know that julian Assange played Trump supporters for fools. On one hand, you want to imprison Hillary for her 'careless' ( but not criminal) attitude to security, yet you applaud a man who intentionally has and continues to release classified information that has clearly hurt American interests. Consistent, much?

Either way, the answer to your question is No. The only collusion between the media and Clinton was the realisation by the free media that Trump was a liability in real world politics.

No trolling, I have been 100% for Trump from the day he announced, and proud of it. He is a beautiful, brave, kind and amazing man, and it's so gratifying to witness many more people seeing in him now what a few of us did from the start.

As for your concern over "American interests", lol......I am happy to see we disagree on what that means.

Finally, you, like the rest of the world, don't know how this will end until it does.

So let's all enjoy what's left of the cycle ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,671 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

No trolling, I have been 100% for Trump from the day he announced, and proud of it. He is a beautiful, brave, kind and amazing man, and it's so gratifying to witness many more people seeing in him now what a few of us did from the start.

As for your concern over "American interests", lol......I am happy to see we disagree on what that means.

Finally, you, like the rest of the world, don't know how this will end until it does.

So let's all enjoy what's left of the cycle ;-)

Probably the last 4 words I would use to describe that "man" ut each to their own I suppose, it's gonna be an interesting 24 hours and a scary 4 years no matter who wins.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Beautiful physically?

Brave enough to dodge the draft and sit in an ivory tower?

Kind enough to give zero to charity for 6 years while earning millions? Kind enough to call a Ms Universe winner fat ? Kind enough to cut a family member with cerebral palsy from the Trump family health insurance as revenge for a disagreement over inheritance?

He's amazing alright. I'm constantly amazed at what a terrible human being he is.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

My my, you have drunk deep of the anti-Trump kool-aid.

Not going to bother with most of this, but that you actually buy the ridiculous Alicia Machado line is really sad, given the reality.

Fact: Trump was actually very kind to her at the time, helped her lose weight and make a lot of money in the process , even assisted her in keeping her Crown, despite a reigning Miss Universe gaining almost SIXTY POUNDS in a year.

Anyone can read the facts about Machado here: http://gotnews.com/true-story-neutralized-hillaryclintons-narco-baby-mama-aliciamachado-tcot-trumppence16/

(her performance on the Megyn Kelly show was most revealing, she lied her face off throughout)

This video struck me as amusing and bizarre, as most of the Hillary supporters on here seem to be men and I, one of the few pro-Trump people, am female. :

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

You realise the irony of starting a blinkered pro Trump post with this accusation.
    Not going to bother with most of this, but that you actually buy the ridiculous Alicia Machado line is really sad, given the reality.

Fact: Trump was actually very kind to her at the time, helped her lose weight and make a lot of money in the process , even assisted her in keeping her Crown, despite a reigning Miss Universe gaining almost SIXTY POUNDS in a year.

Anyone can read the facts about Machado here: http://gotnews.com/true-story-neutralized-hillaryclintons-narco-baby-mama-aliciamachado-tcot-trumppence16/

(her performance on the Megyn Kelly show was most revealing, she lied her face off throughout)

This video struck me as amusing and bizarre, as most of the Hillary supporters on here seem to be men and I, one of the few pro-Trump people, am female. :

So I'm possibly mistaken about Machado, let's pretend I'm conceding that point.

What about the family member with cerebral palsy?

How about the disabled reporter he mocked at a rally?

Examples of bravery to counter the draft dodging?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

So you say Alicia Machado gained 60 pounds, (4.2 stone) like Trump says - how do you square that with how she looks in the video where he made her exercise in front of a slew of reporters?

uKkTSEu.jpg

Also did you read about how Trump gatecrashed a charity event for kids with HIV/AIDS, stayed long enough to be seen with the REAL donors, then left without donating a single penny to the charity?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-boasts-of-his-philanthropy-but-his-giving-falls-short-of-his-words/2016/10/29/b3c03106-9ac7-11e6-a0ed-ab0774c1eaa5_story.html

https://twitter.com/ouijum/status/795701235747880960/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

The story has been confirmed by multiple people who were there. In the second link, there is photographic evidence of him on the platform at the event in question.

Brian? wrote: »
    You realise the irony of starting a blinkered pro Trump post with this accusation.

So I'm possibly mistaken about Machado, let's pretend I'm conceding that point.

What about the family member with cerebral palsy?

How about the disabled reporter he mocked at a rally?

Examples of bravery to counter the draft dodging?

He didn't mock anyone's disability, lol....this ridiculous smear was also debunked ages ago:

https://www.catholics4trump.com/the-true-story-donald-trump-did-not-mock-a-reporters-disability/

His bravery lies in what he has done/is doing: standing up against the monstrous media/Clinton machine and taking on the useless GOPe while he's at it. Incredible stuff, and the reason he will be remembered as one of the great American heroes long after he is gone, no matter if he wins today or not.
    As for family smears, give me a break, who knows what the truth is in family squabbles, and in light of what Trump is doing FOR so many Americans, who cares? No one ever claimed he was a saint, including him. But he sure has done great acts of goodness in his life, this is just one:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,061 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

He didn't mock anyone's disability, lol....this ridiculous smear was also debunked ages ago:

https://www.catholics4trump.com/the-true-story-donald-trump-did-not-mock-a-reporters-disability/

His bravery lies in what he has done/is doing: standing up against the monstrous media/Clinton machine and taking on the useless GOPe while he's at it. Incredible stuff, and the reason he will be remembered as one of the great American heroes long after he is gone, no matter if he wins today or not.
    As for family smears, give me a break, who knows what the truth is in family squabbles, and in light of what Trump is doing FOR so many Americans, who cares? No one ever claimed he was a saint, including him. But he sure has done great acts of goodness in his life, this is just one:

Did you mean "and Taken On By The GOP" when you wrote "taking on the useless GOPe". Have you forgotten that he wouldn't be where he is in the race if the GOP hadn't selected him as a candidate and eventual nominee?

Any idea what a 4 point lead going into the voting today will do for Hilary? Anyone versed in past elections in terms of voting margins at the start of voting day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Any idea what a 4 point lead going into the voting today will do for Hilary? Anyone versed in past elections in terms of voting margins at the start of voting day?

Probably best asked in the election day thread or the superthread. Nate Silver reckons you could have a 2 or 3 point swing from the polls, could go either way.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Probably best asked in the election day thread or the superthread. Nate Silver reckons you could have a 2 or 3 point swing from the polls, could go either way.

Thanks K-9;)

I guess it also depends on how the swing states votes go too. Listening to RTE radio this evening, it looks like the hispanic vote was mobilised after Trumps initial comments on Mexico - I'm sure that will have a lasting negative effect against Trump regardless of what events overtook that since.

Just a few hours to go now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Skommando

Looks like the ordinary people aren't as easily fooled as the media think.

Skommando wrote: »

What exactly does that statement mean?

A bunch of people voted for someone who will need a whole lot of help and assistance to get through 4 years of a very challenging office. If they want to believe what he says, fine. But i'm not at all sure that he's going to be able to deliver his promises- and furthermore, I don't agree that what he says he wants to deliver, will be good for either USA or the world. I'm inclined to think that the voters will be the fools in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Skommando wrote: »
    Hmmm. We'll see...

Advertisement