Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hillary Clinton email scandal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

This time next year Trump will be running a second rate news channel, so its a moot point.
    That's what I think all State Of The Union Addresses have become.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,360 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Amerika wrote: »
    I could see a President Trump pardoning Hillary, Barack and Bill from all wrongdoings for the good of the country as long as they pull a Nixon and drop out of public life forever.

She has to get into the white house, if she doesn't she's going to Jail, the money they've taken for favours is mind boggling, I think the mask of poor hillary and good guy bill is dropping rapidly, Donna Brazile has just lost her job and wikileaks haven't spilled all the beans yet.
    I fear for Trumps life, there's a lot of people that need hillary to win or they'll lose their heads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,061 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

She has to get into the white house, if she doesn't she's going to Jail, the money they've taken for favours is mind boggling, I think the mask of poor hillary and good guy bill is dropping rapidly, Donna Brazile has just lost her job and wikileaks haven't spilled all the beans yet.
    I fear for Trumps life, there's a lot of people that need hillary to win or they'll lose their heads.

How much if a struggle do you think Hillary will have to resist the urge to crucify Don publicly on the White House lawn? On the same point, how long do you think it will be before "Wiki"-leaks starts dumping Don's emails, or do you reckon he and his staff never used emails? If "wiki"-leaks is doing the leaking for the good of America and it's body politic (cleaning out the stables), is there any good reason it is not paying equal to Don and his communications, given that he has a track record of looking after No 1?

I don't think they'll start at Donald, what's coming from wikileaks will tumble the clinton foundation and result in the arrest of Hillary, the proofs in the emails the FBI are going through, they've already found it, she's a stupid lady to throw it up to Comey he might act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

If Hilary goes down, how much of an influence will Russia have had in leveraging that? What are the ramifications?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,310 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If Hilary goes down, how much of an influence will Russia have had in leveraging that? What are the ramifications?

I think the ramifications would be a complacent presidency in Trump that would make the reset button look threatening to Russia.

Putin & Trump will get on, the world will be a safer place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

The Media are great. They love picking up on the bitchy e-mails.

Their house of cards are crashing down now. Hillary wanting to be president has cost her dear. I also think for the progression of women in the US, neither of these candidates will do American women well.

Also what is with Democrats, being anti Clinton does not make you pro Trump.
    If as a Democrat you feel Trump is terrible, why then use his tactics of tit for tat?

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭johnp001

aloyisious wrote: »
    How much if a struggle do you think Hillary will have to resist the urge to crucify Don publicly on the White House lawn? On the same point, how long do you think it will be before "Wiki"-leaks starts dumping Don's emails, or do you reckon he and his staff never used emails? If "wiki"-leaks is doing the leaking for the good of America and it's body politic (cleaning out the stables), is there any good reason it is not paying equal to Don and his communications, given that he has a track record of looking after No 1?

As wikileaks doesn't disclose its sources it is not possible to say for sure but if the emails were hacked the hacker (the DNC hack was claimed by "Guccifer 2.0") could have been motivated by the fact that Clinton deleted large numbers of emails and lied about their classification.
    Alternative theories would include the possibility that the DNC emails were leaked rather than hacked (possibly by the late Seth Rich) or someone else who had access and was unhappy about the DNC breaking impartiality rules during the primary elections.
    There are claims that the Podesta mails were leaked by virtue of the Podesta losing his phone rather than via a hack.

I'm sure Trump's campaign has made enemies too. Maybe somebody like this disgruntled creditor will make public some of Trump's communications?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Well I suppose some would call Russia a safe place or space!

How Trump would react to another Georgia, Ukraine or Crimea, who knows?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

I'm left wondering if Dir Comey expects to be left in office if Hillary is voted into office, or if Don (should he be elected) might decide to appoint him as "Director for life" as an unspoken Quid Pro Quo for the manner he handled the emails controversy. Lyndon Johnson shocked the Washington set-up when he made J Edgar Dir-for-life, most people thought he was going to end J Edgar's FBI career.

Poland and other European countries who've accepted the siting of US missile defence systems on their territory might have reason to doubt the stability of the agreements, what with Russia annexing Ukrainian territory if Don get's into office. It's sounding like he's an isolationist and won't honour the US treaties signed by both Rep and Dem presidents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭FISMA.

Talk about Humaliation.

So Weiner was trying to back-up Huma's contact list and ended up archiving Hillary's government emails!

Thanks Weiner!

This is why government business is s'posed to be done on government servers.

FISMA. wrote: »
    Talk about Humaliation.

So Weiner was trying to back-up Huma's contact list and ended up archiving Hillary's government emails!

Thanks Weiner!

This is why government business is s'posed to be done on government servers.

And Podesta got stung by a phishing email to change his Gmail password, after he'd asked for advice on it.

I'm no expert or particularly paranoid about these things but I'd know to change my password only through the Google settings page.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

K-9 wrote: »
    I'm no expert or particularly paranoid about these things but I'd know to change my password only through the Google settings page.

How tech savy are your grandparents?

Podesta and Clinton are like grandparents. Hillary likes having her emails printed out!

Probably why it is now breaking that she left a few classified documents in her room in China!

Can't make this stuff up...

Can't wait for tomorrow...

Talk about Humaliation.

Thanks Weiner!

As some of the people (incl from the FBI) quoted about what's in the "new" emails have said, the mails might be copies of the mails already in possession of the FBI, passed between two other persons. If that;s true, then nothing new has been uncovered except that a person, without Hillary's likely approval, got access to her emails. Dir Comey has already said she acted recklessly in her choice of emails systems.

I've just seen Don on Sky News at one of his rallies talking about Hillary and jail and he used a qualifying word to indicate maybe he had thought it through and maybe she shouldn't go to jail, as he had originally thought. Hillary, in the same news item admitted she had acted unwisely in the way she had dealt with the emails.

How tech savy are your grandparents?

Podesta and Clinton are like grandparents. Hillary likes having her emails printed out!

Probably why it is now breaking that she left a few classified documents in her room in China!

Can't make this stuff up...

Can't wait for tomorrow...

Yeah, but Podesta or his team got advice from an expert saying the email was authentic, so he can't really be blamed there. He should have been told how to do it securely.

• Advertisement

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Y'up, it's like how grand-dad still reads the paper.

Looks like Hillary left a few paper copies of classified information in her hotel room.

... in China!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

The solution is Hillary steps aside citing health problems and this goes away? Obama doesn't have to go to jail either? I think Trump could blackmail the rest of Washington with indictments for corruption unless they introduce reform to get money out of the corrupt system?
    Do you not see the inherent irony in that statement?

Anyway it is a moot point, how can anyone believe that the answer to the corrupt government system and greedy corporate America is to....eh....elect a billionaire CEO who is head of a multinational real-estate corporation?

Ah here, the paperback always beats the e-reader!

I have to LOL at the fact that the FBI will be spending an age going through what are reported to be 650,000 emails on Weiner's laptop, as they DONT KNOW what's on the Emails, just think there's a chance there might be something there marked classified sent by Huma to hm during what have been reported to be electronic exchanges between them. If there is, then they face problems. Given how heads have been asked for in respect of breaking of federal laws, re Hillary and her sending emails on an unsecure system, Weiner receiving and storing classified (if there are some there amongst the 65,000 mails) documents might make him more liable to those federal laws, as he can't have been on an "OK to receive" list for classified documents.

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi4mcKenobQAhWDHsAKHYCmAiAQqQIIHTAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zerohedge.com%2Fnews%2F2016-10-31%2Fhuma-abedin-i-have-no-idea-how-emails-got-weiners-computer&usg=AFQjCNGAyATtYd9cHjrsoUqVCjVs9OSDpw

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi4mcKenobQAhWDHsAKHYCmAiAQqQIIHzAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nydailynews.com%2Fnews%2Fpolitics%2Fanthony-weiner-ex-online-sex-pal-defends-huma-abedin-article-1.2852601&usg=AFQjCNF9oooexoblftwPKvzEQL_ztKqE4g

But the problem seems to be that laptop should have been handed over to the FBI long ago so it's self inflicted.

Releasing it 11 days before the election is the problem because then we start getting into the influencing the election argument, a very serious and valid point in fairness.

Reports are that the FBI was aware of this for a month, if not more, so the questions will be why it took so long. 11 days is a bit short to get clarity on this stuff especially with the stakes so high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

But the problem seems to be that laptop should have been handed over to the FBI long ago so it's self inflicted.

Releasing it 11 days before the election is the problem because then we start getting into the influencing the election argument, a very serious and valid point in fairness.

Reports are that the FBI was aware of this for a month, if not more, so the questions will be why it took so long. 11 days is a bit short to get clarity on this stuff especially with the stakes so high.
    I understand the FBI needed to first get a subpoena authorized before they were allowed to read any of the emails on the Weiner's computer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Yeah, but Podesta or his team got advice from an expert saying the email was authentic, so he can't really be blamed there. He should have been told how to do it securely.
    I'm a little lost on the conversation now, but if you're referring to the classified emails, there is no way of doing it securely.
    We have an entirely different infrastructure to handle classified information. It's called "SIPRNET", and computers on one network do not talk to computers on the other network (i.e. those plugged into the Internet, NIPR). You can't just 'forward' from your SIPR to your NIPR account, you have to manually transfer files using a CD. (USB drives are usually disabled). Or you simply cross-type. It's a right nuisance, as it means you need two computers in your office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

K-9 wrote:
    No, according to the leaked emails the IT advice was that it was dodgy not authentic and for him to set up double authentication and change his password asap. They also sent him a link to do both... but he still clicked the phishing link!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

That article was ridiculed and debunked hours ago on Twitter, apparently even the daily beast passed on the story ;)

Also, this:
    WASHINGTON — For much of the summer, the F.B.I. pursued a widening investigation into a Russian role in the American presidential campaign. Agents scrutinized advisers close to Donald J. Trump, looked for financial connections with Russian financial figures, searched for those involved in hacking the computers of Democrats, and even chased a lead — which they ultimately came to doubt — about a possible secret channel of email communication from the Trump Organization to a Russian bank.

Law enforcement officials say that none of the investigations so far have found any conclusive or direct link between Mr. Trump and the Russian government. And even the hacking into Democratic emails, F.B.I. and intelligence officials now believe, was aimed at disrupting the presidential election rather than electing Mr. Trump.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us/politics/fbi-russia-election-donald-trump.html

Amazingfun wrote: »
    That article was ridiculed and debunked hours ago on Twitter, apparently even the daily beast passed on the story ;)

Also, this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us/politics/fbi-russia-election-donald-trump.html

http://europe.newsweek.com/donald-trump-companies-destroyed-emails-documents-515120?rm=eu

How about trump destroying data under court order?

Can you link to the story that Trump did not have a server linked to Russian bank?

• Advertisement

lol@ "how about...........X "!

Throwing things at the wall now to see what "sticks"?

I just informed you linked to a Slate article that was already debunked hours ago.

lol@ "how about...........X "!

Throwing things at the wall now to see what "sticks"?

I just informed you linked to a Slate article that was already debunked hours ago.

Saying Twitter debunked is not a source to debunk an article.

Saying Twitter debunked is not a source to debunk an article.

:rolleyes: I just linked the New York Times article for you.

And yes, checking the article's trajectory on Twitter can allow you to see how it was discussed--hours ago.

@Cernovich
    Slate's "Russian server story" is so bad that Daily Beast (owned by Chelsea Clinton) passed on it and Carlos Slims' blog (NYT) debunked it.

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/793275623066042368

:rolleyes: I just linked the New York Times article for you.

And yes, checking the article's trajectory on Twitter can allow you to see how it was discussed--hours ago.

@Cernovich
    Slate's "Russian server story" is so bad that Daily Beast (owned by Chelsea Clinton) passed on it and Carlos Slims' blog (NYT) debunked it.

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/793275623066042368

Form the BYT article

"Law enforcement officials say that none of the investigations so far have found any conclusive or direct link between Mr. Trump and the Russian government."

What has that article to do with a allegation that a server in trump organisation and a server in a bank in Russia are secretly communicating .

The writer of the twitter post is a alt right surporter.

From Wikileaks :)
    @wikileaks
    No link between Trump & Russia
    No link between Assange & Russia
    But Podesta & Clinton involved in selling 20% of US uranium to Russia

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/793268442329735168

Lol so it must be true if wiki leaks say so have you any source to say the article about a secret server is bull.

Form the BYT article

"Law enforcement officials say that none of the investigations so far have found any conclusive or direct link between Mr. Trump and the Russian government."

What has that article to do with a allegation that a server in trump organisation and a server in a bank in Russia are secretly communicating .

lol, lots more links other than Cernovich, and who cares what he "supports" anyways :rolleyes:

Here is the Daily Beast saying they passed on it as there is nothing there:

https://twitter.com/NoahShachtman/status/793243875171237888

But hey, if you want to keep beating a dead horse, feel free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Harvey Normal

Form the BYT article

Server is country talks to server in other country shock. Must be Putin.

lol, lots more links other than Cernovich, and who cares what he "supports" anyways :rolleyes:

Here is the Daily Beast saying they passed on it as there is nothing there:

https://twitter.com/NoahShachtman/status/793243875171237888

But hey, if you want to keep beating a dead horse, feel free.

You said the article was debunked the tweets do not debunk the article they do not see it as newsworthy very different thing.

I see Trumps stated support of Russia and a secret server as interesting you may not but it really only matters if voters find it interesting.

Server is country talks to server in other country shock. Must be Putin.

No it is because of the way the server is set up why does a trump company have a secret server? There may be a very simple explanation well if there is then trump should explain it.

• Advertisement

Meanwhile, Hillary Clinton is under actual FBI Investigation, among other things (Uranium deal with Russia, DNC chair giving her debate questions and her not reporting that).

I guess screeching "Russia" is all we can expect from Hillary fans today.

Meanwhile, Hillary Clinton is under actual FBI Investigation, among other things (Uranium deal with Russia, DNC chair giving her debate questions and her not reporting that).

I guess screeching "Russia" is all we can expect from Hillary fans today.

So is Trump's ex campaign manager http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fbi-making-inquiry-ex-trump-campaign-manager-s-foreign-ties-n675881

Do you think claimed connections between Trump and the another superpower are not important?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

Lol so it must be true if wiki leaks say so have you any source to say the article about a secret server is bull.

Wikileaks has yet to post any false information since being founded in 2006.

I'll take their word.

I don't understand how people can actually defend Hilary Clinton so much? What is it going to take to bring this criminal down. Many people are in jail or have been sentenced for doing 1/100th of the things Hilary is guilty of, her and Bill are career criminal politicians and I'm sick to death of hearing her constant lies and watching her smug fake smile mouth off complete lies to everybody thinking she can just get away with it!

"b-b-but Trump said mean things"...gimme a break

"Trump's ex-manager"......vs current Presidential Candidate Hillary Clinton's activities.

Like I said: have at it. It's the last week of the election, and it's only natural you will try and get the focus on anything but Hillary.

Guess we will see what Wikileaks' 3rd stage is all about soon enough, it may even be about Trump! Stay tuned ;)

Iceboy wrote: »
    Wikileaks has yet to post any false information since being founded in 2006.

I'll take their word.

Really none?

http://us.blastingnews.com/news/2016/10/wikileaks-busted-for-trying-to-smear-hillary-clinton-with-false-emails-details-released-001176775.html

Funny also how the last dump was reported by Russian media half hour before it happened

Really none?

http://us.blastingnews.com/news/2016/10/wikileaks-busted-for-trying-to-smear-hillary-clinton-with-false-emails-details-released-001176775.html

Funny also how the last dump was reported by Russian media half hour before it happened

Yes, it is funny that you don't already know that Wikileaks published the data to their website before Twitter, RT got it from there.

#gettingdesperate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

"Trump's ex-manager"......vs current Presidential Candidate Hillary Clinton's activities.

Like I said: have at it. It's the last week of the election, and it's only natural you will try and get the focus on anything but Hillary.

Guess we will see what Wikileaks' 3rd stage is all about soon enough, it may even be about Trump! Stay tuned ;)

I think it is more important that supporters of Rapist/Racist/Tax fraud Trump try and shift the focus to Hillary... with what? Oh, EMAILS!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Clinton will still win regardless of what she does for 2 reasons:

Trump has zero credentials for any role apart from a brash one.

Whilst I wouldn't dub him a racist, he has turned most coloured people of different varieties against him. That tactic may well succeed say in Russia/Eastern Europe where those folk are not 6 a penny. This really highlights his limitations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

#gettingdesperate

Oh Oh, the hash tag are being dudted off.. A sure sign of #TrumpR3KT ? :cool:

• Advertisement

Really none?

Also, weren't you "concerned" about the quality of sources a few posts back? But you are smearing Wikileaks through a "us blasting news" site?
    That "journalist" has only 880 followers on Twitter, lol....seems a bit strange.

Advertisement