Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ear to the ground

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

50HX wrote: »
    more to that than meets the eye i think

we are all not butchers with 2 shops...........i doubt the councils would be able to get the average farmer to jump through them hoops

fair play to him for keeping going

what has the 2 shops got to do with it,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Jesus that farm is some operation

Every young farmers dream?

When I close my eyes and my brain wanders off to dairy matters overseas, it's the 350 acres of high performance pasture that's feeding the cows not 23 tractors but that's just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

orm0nd wrote: »
    yep

the full story wasn't televised

let's say the cc only acted as such because they were made to.

That's one thing I've learnt.....you never get the full story.
    Ethically the CC rep couldn't discuss individual cases

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

rangler1 wrote: »

Still wouldn't have them in the yard after.Makes ya wonder about the neighbours?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Only for that section the rest of the programme was pure dirt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

Sure it was the same a few weeks ago about the Richard Weldon, the lad that invented that stick thing. It was more than the accident that stopped them growing parsnips.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,597 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I said wrote: »
    Doubt I'd let the cnuts from the council in or around the yard after the hoops they made that man jump through in Limerick

How do you stop them coming into your yard?

whelan2 wrote: »
    How do you stop them coming into your yard?

Unfortunately ya can't but yer one swanning around the yard would boil yer piss to start

I said wrote: »
    Unfortunately ya can't but yer one swanning around the yard would boil yer piss to start

So if it was a man it would be ok? Look I dont know the full story in this case. If they did get the volume of complaints they were talking about it has to be acted on. I am in no way a fan of the county council. There seems to be alot more to it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭WexfordFarmer

What I don't get is how the oul one who was on the council can actually be happy bringing the poor oul farmer to court going about making a days wage for himself and saying the community and farmers are happy now since dispute has been resolved over a smell which fades away soon after.Yet if we brought her to court on the smell of her septic thank she wouldn't be half as quick to be judgemental ! just remember you need the horse before the cart! ;)

• Advertisement

I dont understand why it was on ear to the ground at all

Well the bit where they were in the farmers yard might have something to do it

Are they not doing the diary thing they did last year of the farm darragh is in partnership with. Thought that was good

Exactly to be honest it just shows all the Farmers in Ireland how the county councils are just a pack of C*nts who should stick to breastfeeding their shovels :)

Exactly to be honest it just shows all the Farmers in Ireland how the county councils are just a pack of C*nts who should stick to breastfeeding their shovels :)

Nearly fell off my scraper reading that :)

Nearly fell off my scraper reading that :)
    A sure the council boyos are more afraid of the tae pot falling off the back of the pickup ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

whelan2 wrote:
    Are they not doing the diary thing they did last year of the farm darragh is in partnership with. Thought that was good

When Darragh tried tubing a Cow and squirted half it onto the udder? Had a good laugh at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

So if it was a man it would be ok? Look I dont know the full story in this case. If they did get the volume of complaints they were talking about it has to be acted on. I am in no way a fan of the county council. There seems to be alot more to it

If they brought him to court it was because he wouldn't comply for at least six mths, Most councils give time to tidy up your act before referring you on, unless in the case of a fish kill.
    I think he admitted or Darragh said that he didn't do what he was told at the start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

If they brought him to court it was because he wouldn't comply for at least six mths, Most councils give time to tidy up your act before referring you on, unless in the case of a fish kill.
    I think he admitted or Darragh said that he didn't do what he was told at the start

I think that's because the initial requirement from the council was for him to install some fancy air purifying gadget above the diet feeder, which would probably cost an eye-watering amount of reddies, that in he end was not required. No doubt some council genius must've just googled "how to get rid of smell from diet feeder".

That said, if you take away those big new sheds and concrete yard looked fairly fresh also, then maybe the yard looked a bit different when those complaints went in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

A sure the council boyos are more afraid of the tae pot falling off the back of the pickup ;)

Not sure what part of wexford you're in but the new Ross district council are a revelation in getting work done.
    It was the best day ever when they took over here. They know how to get the work done.

• Advertisement

pedigree 6 wrote: »

Not sure what part of wexford you're in but the new Ross district council are a revelation in getting work done.
    It was the best day ever when they took over here. They know how to get the work done.
    Jay'sus lucky for you I'm down ere in Kilmuckridge which is outside Gorey there the council lads here do nothing.

My aunt is neighbours with them. He joined up with Lenard's. Tough set up and the cows have to walk a mile morning and evening to graze daraghs bit of ground. I think he added in 50-60 replacements bringing it up to around 400 cows but he does none of the work. I think his a serious spoofer and his head is so far up his own àrse if he stuck a toothbrush down his throat he could brush his teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

davidk1394 wrote: »
    My aunt is neighbours with them. He joined up with Lenard's. Tough set up and the cows have to walk a mile morning and evening to graze daraghs bit of ground. I think he added in 50-60 replacements bringing it up to around 400 cows but he does none of the work. I think his a serious spoofer and his head is so far up his own àrse if he stuck a toothbrush down his throat he could brush his teeth.
    He's not that bad, he's Approachable and grand to talk to, he's just away with the fairies haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭50HX

what has the 2 shops got to do with it,

that he's not an average run of the mill farmer...that's all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

What's an average run of the mill farmer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭50HX

What's an average run of the mill farmer?

i would imagine one who doesn't have 2 butcher shops :)

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Icelandicseige

He is just got up off his arse to bring a better income for his family.!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Icelandicseige

I think he is more of a silent partner. He has a good broadcasting job
    He is probably bringing in more money than my place and yours combined!
    So I say far play to him he has a better business head than most!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭parishsavings

Isn't this the outfit with the bridge for moving cattle? Any location for it on google maps?

• Advertisement

Isn't this the outfit with the bridge for moving cattle? Any location for it on google maps?

Stamullin Co Meath

Advertisement