Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ear to the ground

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Looks like mighty ground around there. You can even make out the outdoor cubicles

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    Looks like mighty ground around there. You can even make out the outdoor cubicles

You should see his onion stores! Some sheds and stores in his yard!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,597 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

on now rte1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

What a load of ****e. Hunt asking for permission. They just plough straight through without permission. All for cameras

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

What a load of ****e. Hunt asking for permission. They just plough straight through without permission. All for cameras

Agree.have no time for any of that hunt crowd.think they are a cut above the rest of the rural community.if i ever saw any of them ever look over a gate of mine i'd run them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

boggerman1 wrote: »
    Agree.have no time for any of that hunt crowd.think they are a cut above the rest of the rural community.if i ever saw any of them ever look over a gate of mine i'd run them

a now only for them I could not sell a horse,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭DX85

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,807 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

a now only for them I could not sell a BAD horse,
    :)

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭50HX

they always ask in my neck of the woods - don't come in otherwise

50HX wrote: »
    My dad still gets the notification despite farm being in my name about 15 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭feartuath

Mostly drag hunt here ,they route is mostly dictated by farming practices, paddocks etc.They dont cross my place for that reason.

However it is nice to see it on TV as the people thay want to ban it also want us all to be vegan, ban live exports ,slatted sheds etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭Dunedin

50HX wrote: »

They always ask permission here too and have to say they are all extremely polite and courteous.

Have never and will never refuse them on that basis. If weather is too wet to travel the land, they will cancel.

As for cruelty to foxes' - Sur they never even get near one to be cruel to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Dunedin wrote: »
    They always ask permission here too and have to say they are all extremely polite and courteous.

Have never and will never refuse them on that basis. If weather is too wet to travel the land, they will cancel.

As for cruelty to foxes' - Sur they never even get near one to be cruel to them.

+ 1
    A lot of knackeries depending on hunts too, I doubt our local one'd be there but for the hunt.
    A lot of farmers hunt, and they're unlikely to allow any messing, never heard of anyone been treated badly by them either.
    Discussing it here is only giving a podium to the cruelty/begrudgery brigade

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

rangler1 wrote: »
    Discussing it here is only giving a podium to the cruelty/begrudgery brigade

I'd disagree with ya there, the hunt like to protray themselves as a vital part of farming but it's all just pomp and cermony.
    The pest control argument they put forward is bonkers, one lad with a rifle out 1 night could be able to do 5 times the pest control that the hunt does.
    The knackery service is good but what do places do that don't have hunt dogs to feed? They have rendering plants, and we could do with more competition in that sector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

They are firmly banished here after arriving here 4 years 70 horses strong (English hunt brought over to be shown a good time) in heavy land after a monsoon of rain in February.. Hunt got split and half of them got lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

ganmo wrote: »
    I'd disagree with ya there, the hunt like to protray themselves as a vital part of farming but it's all just pomp and cermony.
    The pest control argument they put forward is bonkers, one lad with a rifle out 1 night could be able to do 5 times the pest control that the hunt does.
    The knackery service is good but what do places do that don't have hunt dogs to feed? They have rendering plants, and we could do with more competition in that sector.

I'd imagine the guys that do it here wouldn't touch the job only for their interest in the hunt.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Attie

Ear to the ground on RTE 1 tonight revisits 1993 with 3 stories from then.

Attie wrote: »

Was it any good? Worth watching on +1?

whelan2 wrote: »

Not on to 9.30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Good enuf.... Some operation by the Powers..... Fair play to them

• Advertisement

Good enuf.... Some operation by the Powers..... Fair play to them

Was a good show alright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Powers seem to have some set up, see all the cows tail docked wouldn't want a visit from the dept of ag inspector

• Registered Users Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭alps

Ooops....Kilkenny don't play by the rules it seems....none of the players wearing helmets either.....this list is getting long since ballyraggetgate kicked off...

Had to watch on +1 myself lost track of time nice to see how the big guy's / gal's do it some head aches.
    It's on Sunday 1.10 if anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭3 the square

Worked in a place like that in my frs days not easy working with 3 bosses .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭kk.man

Powers seem to have some set up, see all the cows tail docked wouldn't want a visit from the dept of ag inspector
    Love to be a fly on the wall if that happens!

on now

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭3 the square

Yawn
    Switched over to master chef

Yawn
    Switched over to master chef

It was on here and I only noticed what it was towards the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭Dunedin

on now

Ah jayus, a girl milking cows. Sur’ that can’t be right.......

Advertisement