Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOBO Replacement Advice

Options
  • 27-10-2016 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭

Hi All

As you can see from this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057662795

Im having some problems with the new GPU I bought Sapphire RX480 8GB OC. I need to pick up a new MOBO. It needs to have a LGA1150 socket and have PCIe 3.0 as well as take DDR3.

I have an ASUS h81m-plus but it seems that it does not have PCIe 3.0.

With the new GPU, Monitor and BF1 ive spent about €500. So im on the lookout for something thats not going to great the bank. I would even consider 2nd hand if it was from somewhere here. As always thanks in advance to everyone for all the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Little busy at the moment. But the jist of what I got is you have not actually tested a different (suitable) graphics card yet? So I'm guessing this is just suggestions not an actual purchase yet.

As far as your returns with Amazon goes don't sweat it they're usually on the ball you won't need a big technical document as they don't expect every customer to have knowledge in the area.

Ps pci 3.0 does not really matter. It's good to have but won't stop the gpu from working.

Problem started with new gpu install. Double check you didn't losen up a cable while removing old one or during installation of new one. Just as final run through before lend gpu testing and rma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

Thanks Sterling, Il be collecting another GPU in the next hour to check.

I took the PC apart with the exception of the CPU and reinstalled everything. I checked all wires etc hoping it would be something small causing the problem but im afraid not .

Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Nay bother. If you can get in obviously wipe the amd drivers clean. Then install new one.

Advertisement