Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty gelish in new place... how to handle?

Options
  • 27-10-2016 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭

I'm a bit of a fusspot about nails. I rarely get them done, maybe once or twice a year, usually for some event. I've some things on this weekend, and went to a new place near me, as it was recommended by a colleague.

I'm not mad about the finish on these, but, because I'm not a massive consumer of these, I don't know am I being way too critical.. or if I have grounds for complaint. They were just done this evening. Black gelish.

The problems, the finish is matt in places, and glossy in others. Irregular edges. My nails weren't filed evenly, so have jagged, rough edges and the paint is crinkled and bubbly on 7 of my ten nails.

Here are some pics. Is this normal, or am i being a perfectionist freak?
    24bqkxx.jpg
    154a8ph.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Dee5

If be popping back to them alright! Now you have done mad cleaning or anything have you? I'd definitely contact the salon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Dee5 wrote: »
    If be popping back to them alright! Now you have done mad cleaning or anything have you? I'd definitely contact the salon

What's mad cleaning? I've washing my hands with soap and water after the loo... that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'd be going back. I would be raging if any of my girls sent a client out with those nails.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

They are disgraceful, get back in there and complain. I do a better job of my own as an amateur. Looks like the coats were put on far too thick?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Dee5

pwurple wrote: »
    What's mad cleaning? I've washing my hands with soap and water after the loo... that's it.

No, like bleaching and scrubbing your house type of cleaning!
    I agree with the poster above if they were let out of salon I'd be far from impressed,
    Where they like that leaving?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

They were ok leaving, but they shifted and wrinkled by the time i drove home.

I went back in and they re did the faulty ones. I think the middle layer didn't cure properly in the center, and it was much too thick... it was like there was liquid in under the top coat.

I got "you must have had oil on your hands" and "gosh you're very hard on nails" and "you must have moved your fingers while under the lamp".

The rest of them are chipped a few days later, and one fell off completely, it wasn't sealed properly at the tip, just lifted. I've only had these done a few times before, but I would normally expect a week, if not two for gelish. Not a couple of days.

I won't go back there again, they are just rubbish at it, and a crummy attitude to boot.

Call them up and ask to speak to the manager. Explain you had them done as you were under the illusion that they would be dry upon leaving the salon. Tell them exactly what happened, they were smudged and not cured when you left.

If they say you are hard on your nails ask them what they mean? What is the aftercare? Keep them dry for 24 hours? Don't touch them off anything? What are you supposed to do to cure uncured nails? They won't have anything to say to that. If they're saying you're moving your nails in the lamp, ask why they didn't tell you it was uncured when they took your hands out.

Explain they're chipped, they're peeling, they've been applied too thick and that they've dealt with the entire situation in a very unprofessional manner. 30 euros a lot of money for a crap job

And it doesn't matter if you had oil on your hands as the nail prep when done properly removes oil and dehydrates the nail

Advertisement