Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Atletico Madrid Vs Malaga

• 28-10-2016 12:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Heading to Madrid this morning for a weekend break with the kids and just realised there's an Atletico home match Saturday evening. They're playing Malaga at home so I'm guessing it won't be a sell out but it would still be great to go to. There's four of us, two adults and two kids aged 11 & 15.

Anyone any suggestions as to how we might get some last minute dot com tickets for the match which won't break the bank? I'm thinking we should just head towards the stadium and see if the club are still selling tickets.

I won't buy off scalpers as a matter of principle so my only concern is selling the idea to the family, going to the ground but then not being able to get tickets at a reasonable price.

Anyone got any experience you can share or suggestions??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I went to a Real Madrid-Villareal game a few years back and was able to get tickets on the day, from the stadium. I don't think Malaga is a particularly huge game so you might be in the same boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Here you go:
    http://en.clubatleticodemadrid.com/tickets/ticket/atletico-de-madrid-malaga-7

I've never had problems getting tickets on the day, Malaga shouldn't be a big seller either so I imagine there'll be loads of tickets going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Do they still play at the Manzanares or has the new stadium opened yet ?

Been there a few times and it's a pretty impressive stadium - apart from being virtually all open to the elements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

greendom wrote: »
    Do they still play at the Manzanares or has the new stadium opened yet ?

Been there a few times and it's a pretty impressive stadium - apart from being virtually all open to the elements.

Next year I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Done the tour of the nou camp before and picked up tickets for a game that evening against zaragoza in the ticket office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Thanks guys, going to head to the stadium about an hour before the game and see if we can pick up some tickets.

Just did a bike tour and afterwards the guide let me use the companies PC so I bought 2 tickets on Ticket master Spain.

All sorted.

Thanks for the help.

Just the six goals and two sending offs 😀 Great match, great old stadium and mental fans.

Highly recommended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

BenEadir wrote: »
    Just the six goals and two sending offs 😀 Great match, great old stadium and mental fans.

Highly recommended.

I was at an Atletico match earlier this year towards the end of last season. Fans never stop singing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Mate of mine is in Madrid at the moment and somehow ended up getting free vip tickets. You missed out op.

• Advertisement

Feck, but then how does the fact he somehow got lucky through work or whatever relate to my situation? Also, we were seated just to the right of their KOP so it was hopping for the entire match. I've been to a good few matches as a VIP (business) guest and to be honest the whole VIP box thing is cool if you want to take a selfie with an old player and get pissed but I prefer sample the stadium atmosphere and immerse myself in the home fan base and that's what we did tonight.

If that means giving up a few free beers, some prepackaged food and a photo with some peripheral old squad member that's ok with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

BenEadir wrote: »
    Feck, but then how does the fact he somehow got lucky through work or whatever relate to my situation? Also, we were seated just to the right of their KOP so it was hopping for the entire match. I've been to a good few matches as a VIP (business) guest and to be honest the whole VIP box thing is cool if you want to take a selfie with an old player and get pissed but I prefer sample the stadium atmosphere and immerse myself in the home fan base and that's what we did tonight.

If that means giving up a few free beers, some prepackaged food and a photo with some peripheral old squad member that's ok with me.

Ah your taking me too seriously just he sent me the message today and i thought of this thread. I've been to the Calderon myself and its a wonderful atmosphere both inside and outside the ground.

dan1895 wrote: »
    Ah your taking me too seriously just he sent me the message today and i thought of this thread. I've been to the Calderon myself and its a wonderful atmosphere both inside and outside the ground.

Apologies, got the wrong end of the stick.

I actually saw three lads outside the stadium one of which was wearing an island shirt. Might have been your mate(s)?

Advertisement