Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Bus Fault HKC alarm

Options
  • 28-10-2016 6:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Hi, have a HKC 10/70 alarm with mainly wired shock contacts on all windows.

We just had the windows replaced and the panel is now showing an ID Bus Fault. Any ideas what this means?! And where I might start troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do you have the engineer code?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

KoolKid wrote: »
    Do you have the engineer code?

Sure do!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

In engineer goto Devices>Ad & ID devices & see what shows up on the scan.
    Are you window/door sensors point ID devices? or Wireless or is there a combination of both?

In engineer goto Devices>Ad & ID devices & see what shows up on the scan.
    Are you window/door sensors point ID devices? or Wireless or is there a combination of both?

Thanks for the reply. I did a scan in all the zones and zone 8 shows a total of 7 devices but 4 are lost! So i know now which ones are causing the issue...

Is it just a case that they're not connected? I've taken a look at all 4 sensors and they seem to be connected ok...anything else i can check?

All the window sensors are just shock sensors.

Thanks again!

Are these wired point ID sensors?
    They can be more trouble than they are worth sometimes.
    Check all the power and data connections again and goto add and ID sensors again. See if it offers you the option close tamper to ID devices.

• Advertisement

Are these wired point ID sensors?
    They can be more trouble than they are worth sometimes.
    Check all the power and data connections again and goto add and ID sensors again. See if it offers you the option close tamper to ID devices.

ID sensors? They are old wired points...i've attached a pic of them.

Ok i'll check that and see what it says...

Would this error be displayed if the cable was cut or damaged for example? Or is could it be a faulty sensor? All the points seem to be looped (one cable in, one out)

Yes if the cable was cut it would display this & the devices lost would be those after the cut point.

Advertisement