Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Coverage in Lifford

Options
  • 28-10-2016 6:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi. I'm and moving from UK England to start a job in Lifford Co. Donegal. I am bound to a UK mobile contract for another year so I'm wondering will I pick up 3G in Lifford or will I be charged roaming rates. I think I'll pick up an Irish sim card anyway as I will be living in Ballybofey and need Irish coverage anyway but when I'm at work, should I be able to pick up UK signal being so close to the border ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

You should be OK, in my experience it won't change to an Irish network for 5 or so miles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Sorry, cant help or advise myself as I have the phone set for non roaming so anytime Im in Lifford I have no idea what UK mobile signals are available. But from talking to the odd person here and there you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

You'll be fine in Lifford and will have 4G access on your O2 mobile. I have a mobile from O2 UK and can use it for a few miles outside Lifford in any direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

muffler wrote: »
    But from talking to the odd person
    smashey wrote: »
    You'll be fine in Lifford and will have 4G access on your O2 mobile. I have a mobile from O2 UK and can use it for a few miles outside Lifford in any direction.
    I knew you would reply :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

muffler wrote: »
    I knew you would reply :D

Can't help it, there's an odd streak in the family :pac:

Advertisement