Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 33), October 28th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

No team has a lot to play for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

justshane wrote: »
    No team has a lot to play for.

#NoIntegrity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Is that you Dave?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

I would be gobsmacked if Wexford Youths fielded anything like their usual starting 11 against Sligo tonight. Couldn't give a flying fig about the result myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I would be gobsmacked if Wexford Youths fielded anything like their usual starting 11 against Sligo tonight. Couldn't give a flying fig about the result myself

Travelling to Sligo at the moment, would be surprised if there were more than 5 Youths fans there. Mostly just going for the holiday and cross another ground off the list. Hope Corey Chambers and Alexandre Zidani get a run.

• Advertisement

Travelling to Sligo at the moment, would be surprised if there were more than 5 Youths fans there. Mostly just going for the holiday and cross another ground off the list. Hope Corey Chambers and Alexandre Zidani get a run.

According to my sources Zidani is muck and was waved goodbye after a couple of training sessions :)

I see Cretaro is suspended, typical, just when it doesn't matter

According to my sources Zidani is muck and was waved goodbye after a couple of training sessions :)

I see Cretaro is suspended, typical, just when it doesn't matter

Ah that's a pity. Yeah I heard he was no great shakes alright, still it would have been nice for him to have gotten a run in a dead rubber. Even Max Cream got to run around on the pitch once or twice :pac:

Ah that's a pity. Yeah I heard he was no great shakes alright, still it would have been nice for him to have gotten a run in a dead rubber. Even Max Cream got to run around on the pitch once or twice :pac:

Including pre-season, exhibition, league & cup games, I've only ever missed 3 matches at Ferrycarrig Park. To this day, I regret missing out on seeing the legend that is Max Cream :D

Including pre-season, exhibition, league & cup games, I've only ever missed 3 matches at Ferrycarrig Park. To this day, I regret missing out on seeing the legend that is Max Cream :D

Imagine Drukie Drohan's performances, but with a good bit less intensity and physical presence.

That's a great stat btw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Thanks for the threads again this season, dfx.

• Advertisement

Youths start tonight with;

2 x 17 year olds
    1 x 18 year old
    2 x 19 year olds
    1 x 38 year old

Congrats to our keeper, Graham Doyle. He made his LOI debut at 33 years of age and has played every league game for the last 5 years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Cobh level up the playoff, 2-2:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

dfx- wrote: »
    Cobh level up the playoff, 2-2:eek:

Two goals in the first nine minutes. Hopefully they can get promotion, could do with another Munster team up in the premier.

Corey Chambers replaces Graham Doyle in goal. 20 years in the age difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Very proud bray fan , 4-1 win over cork , what a season and another decent crowd 1200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I must say I've really enjoyed this Wexford Youths thread, a long time coming.

Conor Sutton and Corey Chambers were probably the best of the young lads tonight, Dean George worked away well too. Graham Doyle absolute gent as always, very nice of him to come say hello to the handful of Youths fans at half time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I know it wasn't tonight but Darkglasses or Su Pa Key Pa (great name that, Super Keeper in case anyone doesn't get it!) could you explain what it was like following that 5-4 vs Galway a couple of weeks back?! I'd say that was nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Conor Sutton and Corey Chambers were probably the best of the young lads tonight, Dean George worked away well too. Graham Doyle absolute gent as always, very nice of him to come say hello to the handful of Youths fans at half time.

Hopefully ye can give Drogheda a good hiding in the play offs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I know Cork have better things to think about, but still glad to get a big win to finish the season.

6th place finish, it's what I had roughly as an aim, never looked likely for a long time. Hopefully more consistency from the start and they may be able to push on again, Harry Kenny has done a great job there. Hopefully keep as much of the team together now, don't have to live in fear for next season (I hope).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

We were very poor in the first half, Derry really should have scored more. Bit better in the second half but Derry were deserved winners.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Longford winless at home all season? Never a good sign..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Some decent, some crap ball last night in Finn Park. Bit of a friendly really. Although nice to sign off with a win in front of a good crowd and finish 9pts clear of the relegation spots after a bit of worrying!
    Barry Molloy played well as he signed off senior football. He was well overshadowed by the half time show as there was a club & fans presentation to McHugh 186 goals in 438 games for ourselves (plus whatever he got in his stints at Omagh, Derry & Linfield). 174 LOI goals has him 5th on the all time list. I think this year was a bit of a step too far for him and couldnt get the 4 more he needed to join Turlough O'Connor in 4th.

ps good luck to wexford in the playoffs!

Omackeral wrote: »
    I know it wasn't tonight but Darkglasses or Su Pa Key Pa (great name that, Super Keeper in case anyone doesn't get it!) could you explain what it was like following that 5-4 vs Galway a couple of weeks back?! I'd say that was nuts.

Kevin Devaney looked threatening throughout, the only really good Galway player on the day. Our frontline functioned really well (it rarely does) until we went 4 nil up, at which point we decided to try and sit back and soak up pressure (like a good team). That was a dreadful idea in hindsight, we are never in that position, we should have just kept attacking. In practice, our defence just kind of stopped marking or really doing anything, and Devaney ripped us to shreds. We could well have lost the game.

In other news, I was really well impressed with the Showgrounds as a stadium. Prefer it to Turner's Cross personally, very spacious and feels like it's just in slightly better nick. Love the panels and photographs around the place too.

Advertisement