Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NARGC county board affiliation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

270WIN wrote:
    AFAIK I reckon the vast majority are in the NARGC for the insurance and nothing else.

That's a pity. Your Club and your RGC are what you make of it.

Our Club have a core of 20 lads that partake in everything and another 10 who turn up the odd time. Not everyone is into clays same way not everyone likes to do or has the time for fox drives but a Club is a Club " a gathering of like minded persons with similiar interests"

I love my shooting and hunting and love the craic that a well ran club/county can provide. Even the organising of a shoot is good craic..the couple of pints/ the soup and Sandwich after a mix bag or fox drive.

However if the Club is off track put it back on track. If it won't stay on track set up another Club minus the arseholes that are so set in there ways they can't see the damage that is being done.

As for a County board you as a club have the power to change your top table. If they are doing a good job keep them in, but ask questions of them at the meetings, pull them up on things ask them to explain what they are doing. If you are not happy tell them, and ultimately change them.

Push and challenge. It's your duty as an affiliated club delegate/ member to do so. Would the local GAA or Soccer Club accept it poor management. I don't think so...so why should you or I.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ldc

In Cork the top table is always looking for members but there is a sad lack of applicants. Yes the fees are structured to suit clubs who actually do rear pheasant, stock duck, plant game crops and control vermin. It is not the fed who benefit, it is the clubs, the federation is just the mechanism. The governing body which is made up of 2 voting members from each club decide on the fees etc and together with their input the federation devise the best way to give back most of the money. It is quite correct to suggest that some clubs do very little, some do not even shoot much I believe. It is untrue to suggest that the federation does not contact them to attempt to get them involved or to help if needed. Three times last year an offer was made to all clubs that the federation executive would visit them and do presentations, talk about insurance, meet and greet, discuss problems and hopefully solve some. The suggestion was also made that if a club did not feel they could get enough of their members then they could gather their neighbouring clubs and do a group meet.There is no charge so no cost to the club, they just provide the premise. So far regretfully only 1 club took up the offer and they did bring their neighbouring clubs and according to the members that attended they found it well worth while. That meet was in a pub venue by the way. Perhaps your club might take this option up and discuss their issues in a more local venue.
    I can only suggest that your club delegates at even perhaps the quarterly next week under AOB stand up and express their feelings. The Executive will themselves not eat you, they are there to facilitate and help all clubs, other clubs will have different opinions and some will support and some will not but they will all say why they agree or do not agree. Change can only come through dialogue., You are saying that it is time for clubs in cork to take matters into their own hands, all I am pointing out is that the clubs have that power, they always had, but you do need to make your case. At the next AGM you then put in a motion and all the clubs democratically vote on it. What passes passes. Any Federation Officer or Executive member is there to support all clubs, there is a perception that they support only their own clubs and what they want but that is not true. Big clubs of 50 or small clubs of 15 each have 2 votes, there is no difference because of size when voting time comes.
    And an emphatic YES to NARGC insurance, it is by far the best for yourselves and for the farmer without whom we would have no sport, nothing else compares yet and no one settles promptly and usually agreeably like the NARGC.
    Unless you have a question I can answer I cannot be of any more help to you so I will sign off this thread. I do not normally look or post and only picked up because of the heading.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

That's a pity. Your Club and your RGC are what you make of it.

Our Club have a core of 20 lads that partake in everything and another 10 who turn up the odd time. Not everyone is into clays same way not everyone likes to do or has the time for fox drives but a Club is a Club " a gathering of like minded persons with similiar interests"

I love my shooting and hunting and love the craic that a well ran club/county can provide. Even the organising of a shoot is good craic..the couple of pints/ the soup and Sandwich after a mix bag or fox drive.

However if the Club is off track put it back on track. If it won't stay on track set up another Club minus the arseholes that are so set in there ways they can't see the damage that is being done.

As for a County board you as a club have the power to change your top table. If they are doing a good job keep them in, but ask questions of them at the meetings, pull them up on things ask them to explain what they are doing. If you are not happy tell them, and ultimately change them.

Push and challenge. It's your duty as an affiliated club delegate/ member to do so. Would the local GAA or Soccer Club accept it poor management. I don't think so...so why should you or I.

This thread isn't about how active or inactive you are in your club. Its about affiliation fees and getting value from money and how relevant it is to have a middleman creaming off the profits of a clubs hard earned cash to give to other clubs who the governing body decides are more deserving of your cash than you are.

This thread isn't about how active or inactive you are in your club. Its about affiliation fees and getting value from money and how relevant it is to have a middleman creaming off the profits of a clubs hard earned cash to give to other clubs who the governing body decides are more deserving of your cash than you are.

If your not happy it's up to you to call a halt or change it.

It's up to you to challenge how the money is spent.

ldc wrote: »
    It is untrue to suggest that the federation does not contact them to attempt to get them involved or to help if needed. Three times last year an offer was made to all clubs that the federation executive would visit them and do presentations, talk about insurance, meet and greet, discuss problems and hopefully solve some. The suggestion was also made that if a club did not feel they could get enough of their members then they could gather their neighbouring clubs and do a group meet.There is no charge so no cost to the club, they just provide the premise. So far regretfully only 1 club took up the offer and they did bring their neighbouring clubs and according to the members that attended they found it well worth while. That meet was in a pub venue by the way. Perhaps your club might take this option up and discuss their issues in a more local venue.

We did not at any stage last year receive any communication from the federation with offers of any sort of help.

Ye did manage to get the right address for the bill for the affiliation fees, so that part of the machine is working fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 ldc

Hi,
    I am not going to get into an argument with you, i suggest on the matter of the offers made to clubs you talk to your delegates who attended the quarterly meetings. I cannot make either the mails or the minutes available.
    I must however apologize for not picking up on what you meant by cutting out the middleman, I had assumed the thread was about affiliation fees and benefits in different RGC's but in actuality what you wish to do is to change the NARGC model and do away with the County Boards. Those are the middlemen you refer to.
    I would think that that is a different matter entirely. I suspect that would require a change to the NARGC constitution at the very least and probably a lot more. You need to take that up at NARGC top level owing to the voting being from all different counties. I understand that in the near future Cork will be receiving a visit from NARGC Officers and i suggest that at that meeting you or your club delegates bring that point up, they would be better placed to advise you or perhaps someone else on this forum can, i know that that idea was mentioned in a club recently but not sure how it progressed.I can mention it to the Chairman so he will have some thoughts prepared though.

ldc wrote: »
    I understand that in the near future Cork will be receiving a visit from NARGC Officers..

Heard that also NARGC Executive has offered to go to any of the Regions to hear any issues. Sort of from the grass roots approach...brilliant idea, not knocking our lads but it would be nice to have a coffee and a chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Backbarrel

Members of the Exec visiting the regions?

I think that is a great idea. I have heard lads asking questions of their own secretaries etc but why not go to the source?

What is needed to kick that off, an invite from the Executive in the region or can a couple of clubs get together and invite them down?

Backbarrel wrote:
    What is needed to kick that off, an invite from the Executive in the region or can a couple of clubs get together and invite them down?

I'd say mention it to the RGC...if you want to get formal shouldn't take more than 5 clubs like what you need for an egm.

Heard that also NARGC Executive has offered to go to any of the Regions to hear any issues. Sort of from the grass roots approach...brilliant idea, not knocking our lads but it would be nice to have a coffee and a chat.

Was in Kilworth today and chatting to a chap in the know ..The NARGC Executive will be in Cork to answer questions from Clubs the end of the Month. Not sure if it's true but this lad is quite active and thought it's definetly happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭brieny1000

Well ,anyone else at the meeting last night.what did ye think? I thought the lads from the NARGC gave a great presentation. Answered a load of questions that we have been trying to get answers to, it looks like there is a bright,open future to the association contrary to what we were led to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 pfizer

brieny1000 wrote: »
    Well ,anyone else at the meeting last night.what did ye think? I thought the lads from the NARGC gave a great presentation. Answered a load of questions that we have been trying to get answers to, it looks like there is a bright,open future to the association contrary to what we were led to believe.
    (it looks like there is a bright,open future to the association)
    Well Rathcormac Gun Club have come fourth in the senior club of year 2016 and they are all countryside Alliance so some one in cork fed is telling Porkies again.

pfizer wrote: »
    Well Rathcormac Gun Club have come fourth in the senior club of year 2016 and they are all countryside Alliance so some one in cork fed is telling Porkies again.

Is that a national competition or is it just among the clubs in Cork?

what are you being led to believe, NARGC will always be there its got a membership of near 30,000 the faces will change thats all.

Is that a national competition or is it just among the clubs in Cork?
    Club of the year is National....God wouldn't it be funny if they judged a Countryside Alliance Club...now that guy who put in the application was some chancer....:ermm:

There were a lot of negative rumors being passed down
    ie .Fund being depleted, gross misconduct, numerous other court cases to name but a few. Thankfully these were all shown to be untrue.
    It looks like there is a much bigger problem a lot closer to home.
    True that faces change ,sometimes good,sometimes bad. My impression is that this is one of the good times.
    It is certainly time for a few faces to change here in cork .

ie .Fund being depleted, gross misconduct, numerous other court cases to name but a few. Thankfully these were all shown to be untrue.
    True that faces change ,sometimes good,sometimes bad. My impression is that this is one of the good times.

What exactly are the problems that are closer to home?

that ****e again....thought you lads were rock solid in the PRC.......
    Im dead curious in the post above can you shed any light on a Countryside Alliance Club getting 4th in the NARGC Club of the year...has to be a scurrilous rumour.

What exactly are the problems that are closer to home?

Deeks, Did you get to go to the meeting?? would have been an opportunity for you to ask a lot of the questions you had here.

Deeks, Did you get to go to the meeting?? would have been an opportunity for you to ask a lot of the questions you had here.

No I was unable to make it and I know from past experience that I'ld be booed out of the hall.

I would also like to know how a country alliance club came 4th in a NARGC competition.

• Advertisement

Found it... http://rathcormacgameandwildlifeclub.ie/

Its not the CAI one. http://www.rathcormacgunclub.ie/

Holy Jesus how big is that parish... msut be awkward in the pub on a friday night....scene from Life of brian now running in my head...

that ****e again....thought you lads were rock solid in the PRC.......
    Im dead curious in the post above can you shed any light on a Countryside Alliance Club getting 4th in the NARGC Club of the year...has to be a scurrilous rumour.
    You know what "thought" did
    As for a countryside alliance club getting 4th ,I can't answer that but in rathcormac there seems to be more gun clubs than pubs!!(3 the last time I heard).
    There does seem to be a lot of countryside alliance clubs in that area though.

"that ****e again....thought you lads were rock solid in the PRC......."
    You asked cavan!!!

You know what "thought" did
    As for a countryside alliance club getting 4th ,I can't answer that but in rathcormac there seems to be more gun clubs than pubs!!(3 the last time I heard).
    There does seem to be a lot of countryside alliance clubs in that area though.

I think I got to the bottom of it. A I said must be great conversation in the pub :p

• Registered Users Posts: 31 pfizer

what are you being led to believe, NARGC will always be there its got a membership of near 30,000 the faces will change thats all.

These are the gun clubs that have left cork fed and joined countryside alliance in the last five years; Watergrasshill, Kildian, Conna, Rathcormac, Castlelyons, Aghern, Curraglass, Fermoy, Clondulane, Mitchelstown, Coolagown, Kildorrery. This is only North Cork alone but don't tell any one it's all hush hush. So if you ask any of these clubs why they left cork fed they all will give you the same answer.

These are the gun clubs that have left cork fed and joined countryside alliance in the last five years; Watergrasshill, Kildian, Conna, Rathcormac, Castlelyons, Aghern, Curraglass, Fermoy, Clondulane, Mitchelstown, Coolagown, Kildorrery. This is only North Cork alone but don't tell any one it's all hush hush. So if you ask any of these clubs why they left cork fed they all will give you the same answer.

Cork Federation are keeping that quite, the quarterly meetings must be getting thin on the ground. How many clubs have moved to IFA?

NARGC must be haemorrhaging numbers big time.

Another 1 for you cavan
    "Any women here, NO No nooooo"
    http://rathcormacgunclub.com/

NARGC must be haemorrhaging numbers big time.

Why is that? Sure to jesus you guys vote them in?

Splitters.....and what have the Romans done for us eh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

Thats in the last five years though. There are new people leading the NARGC now and they want to steady the ship and steer a new course. The chairman is a good guy and is available to every member. His number and email address are readily available. His foreword in the annual magazine ''Gameshot'' is there for all to see and he wants to engage with members.
    There are still battles to be fought but there is good people there now so there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Advertisement