Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NARGC county board affiliation

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Backbarrel

Here is what I see:
    There is a huge desire within the NARGC for change
    There is a huge desire among this Executive and the Chairman to bring about change.
    There is a new openness and positivity there at the moment.

Here is what I was told:
    Meeting in Cork was very open and a lot of new info came out about what had gone on in the last year.
    The lads that came down to Cork made it clear: if you don't know something pick up the phone and ask; if they can tell you they will.
    The negative rumour mill has to end.
    This year every RGC is represented among the committees...I was told that is for the first time ever.
    We are in very good hands..

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Backbarrel

Deeks, Did you get to go to the meeting?? would have been an opportunity for you to ask a lot of the questions you had here.

Heard a good one from Cork the other night.. After the meeting some Cork lads approached the Treasurer and were sussing him out.

Cork lads: So whats your background then, what are you into, bouyyy?

Treasurer: Pheasant mostly, some duck. Using a setter and a side by side...

Cork lads: No, we meant like financial like...

Treasurer: Oh, Chartered Accountant.

Glad to see he has his priorities right!!:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

No doubt the NARGC are doing there best, but when they're dealing with the likes of the Cork Federation it's going to be hard for them to retake any ground that's been lost or even stem the tide of Clubs leaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

No doubt the NARGC are doing there best, but when they're dealing with the likes of the Cork Federation it's going to be hard for them to retake any ground that's been lost or even stem the tide of Clubs leaving.

Deeksofdoom, surely you can change them. Push them out into oblivion.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

Thats in the last five years though. There are new people leading the NARGC now and they want to steady the ship and steer a new course. The chairman is a good guy and is available to every member. His number and email address are readily available. His foreword in the annual magazine ''Gameshot'' is there for all to see and he wants to engage with members.
    There are still battles to be fought but there is good people there now so there is light at the end of the tunnel.

The feedback in Cork towards the Executive members that went down there was unbelievable.

I understand that the Executive are willing to travel to any other counties that have queries as well.

Wirehairmax is bang on about gameshot...contact details are there and he is very approachable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Rimfire Shooter

Is Gameshot being posted to individuals and/or emailed?

Gameshot is being posted out to all members of NARGC individually...

berettaman wrote: »

Thanks I got it in the post now need to have a read of it ;)

Thanks I got it in the post now need to have a read of it

its Good enough but why not make it download able from website. Save money on the postage or send 20 or so to the club secretaries.

• Advertisement

By email would be OK but some are not tech savvy. Posting to club secretaries in my experience and we'll never get it.

By email would be OK but some are not tech savvy. Posting to club secretaries in my experience and we'll never get it.
    :eek:
    then change your Club Secretary;)

The feedback in Cork towards the Executive members that went down there was unbelievable.

I understand that the Executive are willing to travel to any other counties that have queries as well.

Wirehairmax is bang on about gameshot...contact details are there and he is very approachable.

Only getting back to this today, I spent the back end of last week in Cork and from what I hear there was a serious meeting and the lads are upset. A lot of people seem to think that the NARGC fund membership was through the roof.

People forget that its €50 for the fund and anything else is being put on top by the RGC and Clubs. A lot of lads are not happy and what is coming out here is very much mirrored on the ground. They couldn't believe that Cavan RGC only look for €75 affiliation per club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

From what I am reading on this thread by the spin doctors sent to post here from the Cork Federation is that the meeting was very positive and the sun shines out of the NARGC.

However is there anyone who was at the meeting that can tell what really went down and whether the affiliation fees was brought up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭brieny1000

Only getting back to this today, I spent the back end of last week in Cork and from what I hear there was a serious meeting and the lads are upset. A lot of people seem to think that the NARGC fund membership was through the roof.

People forget that its €50 for the fund and anything else is being put on top by the RGC and Clubs. A lot of lads are not happy and what is coming out here is very much mirrored on the ground. They couldn't believe that Cavan RGC only look for €75 affiliation per club.
    I was at the meeting and the €50 to the fund was never questioned nor was the affiliation fee (€20) to the cork federation.. what was questioned was the utter load of bulls#%t that we has been spun to us by "a few " of the executive.

I was at the meeting and the €50 to the fund was never questioned nor was the affiliation fee (€20) to the cork federation.. what was questioned was the utter load of bulls#%t that we has been spun to us by "a few " of the executive.

From what I am reading on this thread by the spin doctors sent to post here from the Cork Federation is that the meeting was very positive and the sun shines out of the NARGC.

However is there anyone who was at the meeting that can tell what really went down and whether the affiliation fees was brought up?
    I hope your not referring to me as one of the spin doctors sent to post from the federation. I can assure you I'm not.when I have problems with the federation I make it known in the appropriate place (federation quarterly meetings) . Why don't you go to the next one and let your problems/concerns be known. There may be other clubs of the same feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blackpearl

how many members do a club need to join the nargc

blackpearl wrote:
    how many members do a club need to join the nargc

Nothing set in stone but 6 or 7. Ring them

Advertisement