Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overdrawn - Can I avoid charges if I pay today?

Options
  • 28-10-2016 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hey there,

I just noticed my balance is minus €11 due to a delayed transaction. If I go in and pay that today, will it it prevent any fees on my account seeing as it only occurred today?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard

shroomdoom wrote: »
    Hey there,

I just noticed my balance is minus €11 due to a delayed transaction. If I go in and pay that today, will it it prevent any fees on my account seeing as it only occurred today?
    Good morning shroomdoom,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

If your account goes overdrawn on a given day, you can avoid any overlimit fees by making a lodgement on that same day.

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Many thanks,

Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Darren Hawkins

Good morning shroomdoom,

If your account goes overdrawn on a given day, you can avoid any overlimit fees by making a lodgement on that same day.

Many thanks,

Richard

Hi Richard,

If fees cause an account to go overdrawn does this also attract overlimit fees ?

I didn't notice and only paid in a day or two later.

Thanks. Darren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard

Good morning shroomdoom,

Many thanks,

Richard

Hi Richard,

If fees cause an account to go overdrawn does this also attract overlimit fees ?

I didn't notice and only paid in a day or two later.

Thanks. Darren.
    Hi Darren,

Overlimit fees only apply each time a transaction is carried out which results in your account going overdrawn or over a specified overdraft limit. Please be advised, there is no charge for the first Overlimit item in a given fee quarter.

Also, just to mention, interest will apply to the overdrawn balance so we would recommend that you make a lodgement as soon as possible. Please click here for more information on Overlimit fees and interest surcharges - sections 6 and 7.

Many thanks,

Richard

Advertisement