Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad experience with iconnect

• 28-10-2016 11:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭

So my wife broke the screen on her iphone 6s few weeks back looked around at the various options but decided to go with iconnect as they are an approved apple repairer.

Dropped it into their store on henry street 3 weeks ago this Sunday…. Guy in the shop disabled find my iphone etc….. Was told it wasn’t a major repair and would be sent to cork and would take 5 working days.

1 week later having heard nothing from them sent them an email… got a reply saying find my iphone was not disable and I needed to disable it….. I explained the guy I dropped it into had done this but seems he didn’t do it correctly. Anyways I disabled it with their instructions….. and it was sent away.

1 Week later again no word sent another email as I had no contact… your phone has been repaired today (Friday 21st Oct) will be with us on Monday/Tuesday of this week.

1 Week later yet again no contact called them just now… confirmed it was fixed last week but get this “we don’t know where your phone is, we have no tracking info for it”

So three weeks almost since I dropped it off its fixed but they don’t know where it is right now

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved from Mobiles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Should have dealt with Apple directly yourself. iConnect are doing nothing for you that you couldn't have managed yourself. Lesson learned for future

Not to say that the service isn't poor in iConnect by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Galway_guy_33

Should have dealt with Apple directly yourself. iConnect are doing nothing for you that you couldn't have managed yourself. Lesson learned for future

Not to say that the service isn't poor in iConnect by the sounds of it.

thats for sure lesson learnt is right... never rang me back spent 45 mins trying to ring them phone kept ringing out. asked for the store manager to ring me which of course she didnt.

asked for her number she only has a personal no which they dont give out.... now thats a joke of course a manager of a phone store wld be given a work phone....

absolute joke of a company..... avoid at all costs.

Maybe you could pop in tomorrow and try to flex a muscle

Maybe you could pop in tomorrow and try to flex a muscle

ha if only I live 2hrs away... Don't think it would change much

• Advertisement

Get a friend to pop in for ya with all the details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

My husband dropped his MBP to the very same store 3 weeks ago. Told problem would be fixed within the week...he was number 6 in queue apparently. Rang following week to be told they hadn't looked at it, and that he was now number 7 in the queue! He wasn't happy. Complained. Said they'd have the problem fixed by end of the week...and as of today still nothing. Very bad form. Avoid them.

soc wrote: »
    My husband dropped his MBP to the very same store 3 weeks ago. Told problem would be fixed within the week...he was number 6 in queue apparently. Rang following week to be told they hadn't looked at it, and that he was now number 7 in the queue! He wasn't happy. Complained. Said they'd have the problem fixed by end of the week...and as of today still nothing. Very bad form. Avoid them.

got talking to apple directly last night. .. seems apple dont actually know where the phone is either... it was fixed by them .... dispatch pending on Friday 21st... but it never left their warehouse... they have no more info on it.

iconnect cldnt relay this info to me so as someone else has said u are better going direct... actually apple told me that too.

Now my issue is with apple after one week they cant find the phone... they said they wld escalate the matter... but after 24hrs I contacted them again and still no update as to where it is or what happened. .... so ive emailed them I want a new phone sent to me asap... lets see the reply to that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

UPS probably lost it. Or they delivered but the tracking never updated. I had a send-in repair recently and found UPS very unreliable. Two delays on-route and the tracking failed on return. It just turned up despite UPS saying it was still in the UK.

Once Apple confirm the phone is lost they'll ship another one.

start of 4th week still no sign of the phone talked to apple today 40 mins on phone.... got transferred to 3 different people again just like last Friday and no joy... no new info they still dont know where it is. its a complete joke. asked for a replacement phone he said no they have a strict process... asked for an iphone 7 to replace the 6s they lost as a good will gesture for all the hrs ive lost on the phone to them ... he said that wont be happening as they will only replace like for like. so I have to wait yet again.... can I start legal action at this stage.... small claims court?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'd have a lot of faith in Apple to take care of this matter for you. Unfortunately it seems half the delay to date was probably caused by iConnect. Apple is unlikely to take responsibility for iConnect's part in the screw up. For Apple's part, the replacement should have been shipped by last Monday, meaning it's probably still within the 7-9 working days that Apple promise for send-in repairs.

I'd have a lot of faith in Apple to take care of this matter for you. Unfortunately it seems half the delay to date was probably caused by iConnect. Apple is unlikely to take responsibility for iConnect's part in the screw up. For Apple's part, the replacement should have been shipped by last Monday, meaning it's probably still within the 7-9 working days that Apple promise for send-in repairs.

apple actually have the phone in their possession for 11 working days now.... my issue is no really the length of time they have it its more the fact that 6 of these working days they can account for where the phone is ....

so more crap yet again today as I enter the 4th week of this saga....

talking to apple directly they tell me they cancelled my repair case (without informing me) .... and opened another one... no explanation offered for this....refused point blank to tell me anything..... now get this.... they told me we cant talk directly to you .... you need to deal with iconnect for updates... he wouldnt tell me where the phone said he couldnt.

Yet last week they were more than happy to give me updates.... and tell me i shouldnt have used iconnect and should have come direct to them.

So rang iconnect and they told me apple screwed up the delivery and cant find the phone now.... so a replacement phone will be sent later this week..... iconnect said they cant understand why apple couldnt have told me this.... as iconnect had redirected me to apple last week.

I asked for good gesture or some form of compensation... i asked for an iphone 7 to replace the 6s in question.... he said in his words "that wont be happening its our policy to replace like for like"..... he then went on to say they cant offer a goodwill gesture or compensation as they have to wait for the case to be resolved first....

I've lost so many hrs on the phone with this now id say i've spent easily 15 hours on the phone over the last few weeks to an 1850 number.

Absolute joke at this stage. Next time ill be using a back street repair shop couldnt be dealing with this level of incompetency ever again.

Advertisement