Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Internet Radio

Options
  • 28-10-2016 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭

Ok with the demise of TXFM my standard radio is just awful. Came across a few on the app Tune In radio. Looking for a recommendation of an internet radio that can work from wifi that can stream radio stations.
    I have an android box that I can install app on but would like to be able to turn on radio in the morning to listen to some stations. Not a bedside radio but something to listen to as I eat my breakfast :)
    Don't want to spend a massive amount of money just something that's good value for 100 but less than 150 if possible
    Can anyone recommend one >
    Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Ok with the demise of TXFM my standard radio is just awful. Came across a few on the app Tune In radio. Looking for a recommendation of an internet radio that can work from wifi that can stream radio stations. I have an android box that I can install app on but would like to be able to turn on radio in the morning to listen to some stations. Not a bedside radio but something to listen to as I eat my breakfast Don't want to spend a massive amount of money just something that's good value for 100 but less than 150 if possible Can anyone recommend one > Cheers

All joking aside but if you like tunein radio. Look at the echo dot in the thread beside this. £50 on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Amazon Echo would be a good choice.

Or if you want to then just use a Chromecast Audio. Keep an eye out for sale price as I got mine for €19.

https://www.google.com/intl/en_ie/chromecast/audio/explore/?gclid=COCtxbnd_88CFYvYGQodUYEEIw&gclsrc=ds

Hook it up to a set of speakers or buy a Bluetooth speaker or any half decent unit with an aux in input.

Final suggestions would be to wait until Google Home comes available

https://madeby.google.com/home/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Final suggestions would be to wait until Google Home comes available

I think that's a good idea, I'll have both regardless anyway, but one will definitely be better than the other for the OPs needs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Cheers thanks for the replies
    Had a look at the 2 options and they seem better. Obviously the Google home is not out yet but I am in the states in the new year and may see if I can get one there, checking first it will work in Ireland. Echo seems to do the job and can get TuneIn Radio so that's good amongst other things
    Need to look more into the Echo and could be a hint pointed in the way of Miss Gunner for a Xmas gift. I know there is no reviews on home yet but it does not have Bluetooth or jack to connect to speakers but still don't know if that is a showstopper
    Need to look more into the Echo and see if Santa will be good to me this year

Cheers thanks for the replies Had a look at the 2 options and they seem better. Obviously the Google home is not out yet but I am in the states in the new year and may see if I can get one there, checking first it will work in Ireland. Echo seems to do the job and can get TuneIn Radio so that's good amongst other things Need to look more into the Echo and could be a hint pointed in the way of Miss Gunner for a Xmas gift. I know there is no reviews on home yet but it does not have Bluetooth or jack to connect to speakers but still don't know if that is a showstopper Need to look more into the Echo and see if Santa will be good to me this year

Sounds like you need the echo so. The speaker is said to be good, bk on the other thread has given it a good review

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Have had a Roberts 202 DAB/FM/Wifi since 2009 if you want to go down that route. Still going strong.

Advertisement