Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odin Gym Equipment - Limerick - Steer clear

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Taktooler

i checked the number and it doesnt match his phone number, the spelling in the done deal post is spot on, which is something he wasnt very good at !!!!!!!!!!!! so i would give that person the benefit of the doubt maybe ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

The contact number in the ad is for another gym unrelated to Odin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Nothappybud

i would give him the benefit but some are the same pics and equipment he was trying to sell in the closing days on odin's facebook page. Maybe its not him but personally I think its probably a friend selling on his behalf, how else would he get the pics.. Whether it is or not, nobody has any idea if the gards are doing anything about it?

i rang a friend of mine and it seems he is using a guy that he knows as his front man, some people have a neck like a jockies bollox ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Myles Splitz

i would give him the benefit but some are the same pics and equipment he was trying to sell in the closing days on odin's facebook page. Maybe its not him but personally I think its probably a friend selling on his behalf, how else would he get the pics.. Whether it is or not, nobody has any idea if the gards are doing anything about it?

He seems to be selling on Limerick Buy and Sell FB page also under his own name, same picture and details (17th Feb)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 loneelia

Hi Guys,

I've just read through all your posts, I have also been scammed by this guy Gary from Odin Gym Equipment. Ordered off him through Facebook back in August, it was one of his 'special offers' advertised. I made constant contact with him until January and every week he gave me a different excuse, I asked him for a refund three times but to no avail..

Does anyone know if there has been a fraud claim put in against him before? With his former business, Gorilla?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Facebook just informed me that "Odin Gym Equipment" has changed its name to "Alpha Dog Gym Equipment".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

That's well dodge.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭JesusRef

How this page - which has been used for months to scam and con people out of their money, has not been shut down by facebook is beyond me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Ciaran from Ultimate Gym equipment took over Odin page, not sure if this is a good thing though.
    Having Facebook followers aside, no company (knowing to me anyway) would want to be associated with someone who literally scammed a good number of people.

Just my 2cents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Dmcg12

Anyone heard anything about what Gary is up to?
    Is he working? Is he trying to return any of the money he promised people back?
    Awful behaviour, really awful stuff from him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Just saw this on latest posts i know someone here in Limerick had trouble.He is easy on facebook and selling on donedeal adverts etc

bigpink wrote: »
    Just saw this on latest posts i know someone here in Limerick had trouble.He is easy on facebook and selling on donedeal adverts etc

What you mean he is "easy" on Facebook?
    He took our money then promused us a refund before Christmas as he was not making anything for us...terrible guy imo and lots of people let down badly....if you see any adds from him let me know please as I'd love to contact Gary to see whend he will do the refund! He changed his phone number, will not reply to email.....he is hiding away somewhere but to hear he is selling online makes me sick.
    I've never had such a bad experience with anyone like him before.

Dmcg12 wrote: »
    What you mean he is "easy" on Facebook?
    He took our money then promused us a refund before Christmas as he was not making anything for us...terrible guy imo and lots of people let down badly....if you see any adds from him let me know please as I'd love to contact Gary to see whend he will do the refund! He changed his phone number, will not reply to email.....he is hiding away somewhere but to hear he is selling online makes me sick.
    I've never had such a bad experience with anyone like him before.

Sorry the person i know who got burned just told me found him on facebook and facebook selling groups.Messaged him and text his new numbers and no reply

bigpink wrote: »
    Sorry the person i know who got burned just told me found him on facebook and facebook selling groups.Messaged him and text his new numbers and no reply

Thanks. Yeah he is as slippery as ever it sounds.
    Pity, this guy gives limerick and munster a bad name!

Dmcg12 wrote: »
    Thanks. Yeah he is as slippery as ever it sounds.
    Pity, this guy gives limerick and munster a bad name!

Pm send

That fat F***ker kirwin is now selling Lego portraits for €80 a pop, on limericks done deal, something has to be done about that vermin !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes. Check out his limerick legs club fb page..you can send him a message but he will block you as per his previous carry on.
    I think he is using a female name for some adds...maybe he will repay me my money like he said, thats the last I heard from him...8 months ago....I'll be staying well clear and telling all my lego buddies to go elsewhere for their lego.
    Can he block me on done deal. ..well I guess I'll find out when I send him a msg to ask that he repay my money from the proceeds of his legs sales...yeah!....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Sorry for digging up such an old thread but Gary is back in business running Lego shows around the country.

Looking at the different Facebook pages and the terrible spelling on these, and the fact that he has mistakenly posted under his own profile on these pages, it's quite obvious that it's him. He is using the alias of Dave Jones for whatever reason but it's 100% him.

Going by his eventbrite page, he has done numerous shows already and has plenty lined up for this year. If he still owes folk money, maybe show up to the event and confront him? I have it on good authority that these kind of events can be quite profitable.

Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/Lego-Shows-Ireland-100646388121140/

Eventbrite page - https://www.eventbrite.ie/o/dave-jones-20057527707

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

If he owed me money I’m sure I’d show up looking for it. It is something I’d find very hard to get over. However if I have my info correct from what I picked up on Facebook a couple of years back (and I’m happy to be corrected).
    Unfortunately you need to remember. He technically doesn’t owe anyone any money. His company did before it went out of business and he was declared bankrupt.
    There country is full of former business owners and particularly builders/developers who went out of business owing hundreds of people millions of euro. They don’t have to pay it back. That’s the system.
    If you show up playing the hard man (as I’m sure I would so not judging anyone), you could have the police called and they won’t give a **** about the pull up rig you paid for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 madmanmick

You might want to have a look at his new Instagram page.. Just type in his name and see who and what he is trying to scam now. One horrible and nasty individual.

Head over to Instagram pal and just type in his name.

There you go

Advertisement