Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel to Belfast

• 28-10-2016 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

thinking of heading to belfast some friday for the day before christmas for a bit of sightseeing picking up a friend in Drogheda and trying to figure our best route to Belfast. I'd like to park and ride but don't know the best place to do this from. Happy to go even drive to Sprucefield but would I get parking as I know in Dublin coming up to Christmas the park and ride carparks are full. The enterprise from Drogheda seems very expensive €40 each return and aircoach don't seem to go from Drogheda anymore. Anyone any suggestions, anyone know what the car parking at the bus station in Newry is like and what it costs?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You could just take the train from Dublin (if that is where you will start from) and your friend joins train in Drogheda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

You would defo get parking at sprucefield or Lisburn,but you might as well just drive into Belfast, shouldn't be to bad finding parking, its alot smaller than Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

The last few times I went to Belfast, I parked in the public car park beside this hotel. Never any hassle. Can't remember the rates, but they weren't extortionate at all.
    Walking distance of the city centre/University district etc.

http://www.belfast-city-hotels.com/city_centre_hotels/days_hotel_belfast_overview/BELDAY.html

Advertisement