Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV No Router/Wifi

Options
  • 28-10-2016 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Would like to put 2 cameras where there's no router or wifi so cannot use wireless cameras. And was wondering will I be able to connect the cameras to the DVR using those ethernet over power adapters directly?

I have no need to connect to view remotely just record.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Are you saying you have no internet connection full stop, or only at the 'remote' location? Powerline adapters only work if they are on the same electrical ring. You could create a local LAN via a switch and give everything a static IP address and connect up that way.

degsie wrote: »
    Are you saying you have no internet connection full stop, or only at the 'remote' location? Powerline adapters only work if they are on the same electrical ring. You could create a local LAN via a switch and give everything a static IP address and connect up that way.

Yeah the easiest is to install a wifi router and use WIFI cameras that way. You dont need an internet connection to use a wifi router for sharing connections between devices.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are you just looking to install some basic IP cameras directly to view locally?
    Most NVRs would now have a built in POE and would generate its own network for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

KoolKid wrote: »
    Are you just looking to install some basic IP cameras directly to view locally?
    Most NVRs would now have a built in POE and would generate its own network for you.

Would I still need a router? Would like to cut that out of the chain if i can. Would something like this be suitable?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Megapixels-Wireless-Security-Weatherproof-Surveillance/dp/B01ELFIC5E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1477753514&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=nvr+cctv+wireless&psc=1

There's no wifi at all where the cameras are installed. Looking for a basic system just to record onto a dvr from 2 cameras.
    The cameras are within distance to wall plugs but will be a bit away from the dvr and difficult to run wires to the dvr.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It's basic enough. But it would work standalone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

KoolKid wrote: »
    It's basic enough. But it would work standalone.

Thanks KoolKid I might put in the order and to the other posters for putting me in the right direction. Was really confused and got some mixed advice from maplin as well.

Advertisement