Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM

Options
  • 28-10-2016 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if many on here are running on Sunday. I know jackback is but after that I'm afraid I'm clueless.

Best of luck to anyone running. Enjoy the day.

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

In also - looking for 2.59.59. This will be the year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

EC1000 wrote: »
    In also - looking for 2.59.59. This will be the year :)

Good stuff. Give it socks!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

pgibbo wrote: »
    Not sure if many on here are running on Sunday. I know jackback is but after that I'm afraid I'm clueless.

Best of luck to anyone running. Enjoy the day.

P.

Running is too strong a term to use, jogging or sight seeing might be more apt:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

On a plane waiting to head to Frankfurt marathon. It kicks off at the same time as Dublin so I'll be there in spirit :)

This will be the year :)

It wasn't! Went out too hard and hobbled home in 3h 10m. Will never get running conditions better than that again either!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cart man

This will be the year :)

It wasn't! Went out too hard and hobbled home in 3h 10m. Will never get running conditions better than that again either!!
    Hard luck, still a great result well done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

did you not think it was very humid ? sweat was dripping off me after 20 mins running very easy, sick kids in the house so maybe that had something to do with it , took on water at every stop and drank the full bottle every time and still i had pins and needles coming into the finish .. but the lack of any wind will make a bigger difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

woody1 wrote: »
    did you not think it was very humid ? sweat was dripping off me after 20 mins running very easy, sick kids in the house so maybe that had something to do with it , took on water at every stop and drank the full bottle every time and still i had pins and needles coming into the finish .. but the lack of any wind will make a bigger difference

I thought the conditions were almost perfect.

woody1 wrote: »

It was reasonably warm - I was throwing a bottle over myself at each water station and taking a few mouth fulls aswell. Lack of wind was the big advantage - that course can be fairly unforgiving around crumlin and the more exposed areas but not even a hint of a breeze this time. My plan was to hit half way in 1.29.45 ish but paced it terribly and went through the half way marker in 1.28. The downhill out of the park gave back huge time after the initial climb and got a bit caught out. Next time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

I thought conditions were perfect. I was aiming for 3:30 but started to fade soon after half, before even. I went through the first half 10 mins slower than I did in the half in September.
    I unravelled at around 21 miles and came in in 3:46.
    Marathon running is a different beast Tri, I hadn't the miles in the legs - I would have been in all sorts of trouble on a windy day. Great event though. Sure I'll have to give it another go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

StaggerLee wrote: »
    I thought conditions were perfect. I was aiming for 3:30 but started to fade soon after half, before even. I went through the first half 10 mins slower than I did in the half in September.
    I unravelled at around 21 miles and came in in 3:46.
    Marathon running is a different beast Tri, I hadn't the miles in the legs - I would have been in all sorts of trouble on a windy day. Great event though. Sure I'll have to give it another go.

That's almost exactly my story too; half in 1:45, full in 3:44. Frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

fair enough, probably just paranoia on my part so, had a really tough race in 2013 and didnt want it happening again, my plan was to push on a bit after halfway but i decided to stay at the pace i was at as i thought i was sweating buckets and id pay for it ,

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

Very frustrating. I ran the half in September very conservatively as I was carrying an injury. I was surprised how much I struggled from 10 miles onwards in on Sunday. Bad day I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

On a plane waiting to head to Frankfurt marathon. It kicks off at the same time as Dublin so I'll be there in spirit :)

How'd it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

pgibbo wrote: »
    How'd it go?

As well as can be expected. My training was awful so I can't have too many complaints. Thought I had 3:20 in me but the last 10km killed me so ended up at 3:40.
    Nice race though and the run through the little village at about 22km was lovely. I thought the finish was a bit chaotic though

Advertisement