Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 Weeks to make some kind of Difference

• 28-10-2016 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi Guys

So opening sentence I want to say that I will probably get some abuse on this post. so please try and be nice.

My father passed away in July, and since then I have literally given up any type of exercise. I was in feel sorry for myself mode to be honest. I am not proud of that but its the truth. Now I am not overweight by any means, I am 8 stone 6 pounds and 5.4.

However, I am going to Australia in 3 weeks, and I am starting to panic, as although I am not fat, I am not one bit toned. I am actually jelly, like when I wear bikinis I have as i call it 4 arses, (girls will get what I mean the fat pockets) And lets face it. in 3 weeks I don't think I can make any dramatic difference,

But any fitness savvy people could you give me advice for the next 3 weeks to possibly tone up my butt, and tummy, even a bit so I don't look wobbley in the dreaded bikini, I was told by a healthy living friend to do HIIT exercise 5 days in a week for 30 mins, and "eat clean" and follow Joe Wicks you tube HIIT's. (I am not a member of a gym that expired in April)

I am also going to get a spray tan, anything to help disguise the cellulite :(

So mad at myself for doing nothing but eat chocolate and avoid the fact that I am going on my first holiday in 5 years eek. Also just to add, we are going to visit my boyfriends friends in Sydney, of which one is a bikini fitness model :( to make matters worse I will look like a jelly tot beside her on a beach. :) Any advice welcome. thanks

Thanks in advance xx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

If you're super disciplined with diet you could definitely drop a noticeable amount of body fat in three weeks. Like, nothing that is going to make a huge difference but you could tighten up a bit. Gaining muscle, probably not in such a short time. But you might find it is still hiding in there and will stand out once the body fat is down a bit.

This is also going to be mostly diet. HIIT is a good idea, but if you're wondering where to exert the most willpower, it is in the kitchen and not the gym. For a three week bodyfat reduction effort, anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

If you stick to a super clean diet and do some intensive full body weight training 4 or even 5 days a week then id say you can make a decent difference. But you are going to have a very boring 3 weeks of eating, zero alcohol or anything with sugar, drink plenty of water, no coffee/tea with milk and sugar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭bladespin

Depending on your fitness level HIIT as Zillah said can have a fairly dramatic effect in a reasonably short time, when I started it first I was dropping 3-4lb per week.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Sorry about your Dad.

3 weeks isn't going to make much different but you could drop a small bit of weight. You're already very slim. Maybe if you just focus on some exercise and avoid junk food, you'll feel better about yourself, even if there's not a huge physical change.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement