Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbie Williams -June 17th - Aviva Stadium

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

That's very strange indeed, nothing on the site when I was looking at it.

They've kept the RW.com & venue (Aviva, FAI & IRFU) pre-sales open for 2 days which is a long time considering you didn't need a code.
    Ends tomorrow at 9am and general sale starts at 10am.
    No Standing left at moment so would say there's not a massive number left.

Yeah thought that as well.
    Normally there's a €20+ difference in them.

My daughter bought 2 presale also and had to pay the extra charge. I suppose that's why they were on presale so long. Extra revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

pilly wrote: »
    My daughter bought 2 presale also and had to pay the extra charge. I suppose that's why they were on presale so long. Extra revenue.

I bought tickets in the presale and didnt pay any extra charges, apart from the usual "booking fee" which is something like €6 per ticket.

No mention of any extra compulsory charity charge or anything nearing €20 as another posted mentioned also.

I bought tickets in the presale and didnt pay any extra charges, apart from the usual "booking fee" which is something like €6 per ticket.

No mention of any extra compulsory charity charge or anything nearing €20 as another posted mentioned also.

Well I tend to believe her as it was €90 each for nosebleed section seats before the booking fee.

Well I tend to believe her as it was €90 each for nosebleed section seats before the booking fee.

I didn't mean to come across like I thought it wasn't true, that's not the case at all.

I understand that there are different prices for different sections of the venue, that's always been the case. Pit tickets, pitch standing, different levels in the stands etc.

However, what I don't understand is this "extra" €20 charity fee your daughter and one other poster on this thread had to pay.

There doesn't seem to be any info about it on either ticketmaster or Robbie Williams' website and as a long-time fan of his who has spent ridiculous amounts of money on his gigs over the years, I am genuinely curious as to what this charge is and where it came from.

I've been buying concert tickets for years and have never had to pay an extra €20 compulsory charge. Personally I would be extremely annoyed if I had to do this and I'd be looking into what exactly this charge was for and why it was compulsory but not everyone had to pay it.

That's all I'm trying to achieve in these last few posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ideb

fifi28 wrote: »
    got front row premium level seats in the presale at 8 no problem! Was in gold circle/pit in the aviva last time and oh said he wouldnt go for it again. Happy with what we got as means we will see full stage show this time :)
    Was in gold circle/pit in the aviva last time and oh said he wouldnt go for it again.

Can I ask why you wouldn't go to the pit again? I wasn't in Pit last time. want them this time. interested in what was wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

ideb wrote: »
    Can I ask why you wouldn't go to the pit again? I wasn't in Pit last time. want them this time. interested in what was wrong.

Ah nothing wrong with the pit as such - oh said he just feels too old for it / not able for it :). In fairness it was absolutely lashing rain for the entire gig, well most of it anyway and the usual few coming in late trying to push their way up front. This time we will have a good view of the whole show / stage effects etc

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

The Golden Circle was truly bizarre last time around at the Aviva.

Let's say that they sold 5,000 tickets there and that area was sold out.
    There was easily room enough for another 3 or 4K.

My OH had had a baby a few months previous and wasn't in the mood to be trodden on.
    We hung around the back of the pit and the the biggest dancefloor all to ourselves
    and we had a blast.

We felt so sorry for those folks just behind us looking at the big blank space in front of them.

We also had no access to merchandise and I had ordered a Live CD that should have been ready
    15 minutes after the show. I got it mailed out in the post.

Sounds perfect for me. I'm not good with having people close behind me, so I always avoided the pitch and pits. Ironically, I felt quite enclosed in the seating area at the last gig in 2013. Earlier this year I went to Springteen in Croker and my friend insisted on being in the pit. It was great I just hung around at the back. plenty of room and my friend could go into the squeeze or stay outside out it. ... and yes, I remember the rain!! Hopefully, it will be better this time!

I didn't mean to come across like I thought it wasn't true, that's not the case at all.

I understand that there are different prices for different sections of the venue, that's always been the case. Pit tickets, pitch standing, different levels in the stands etc.

However, what I don't understand is this "extra" €20 charity fee your daughter and one other poster on this thread had to pay.

There doesn't seem to be any info about it on either ticketmaster or Robbie Williams' website and as a long-time fan of his who has spent ridiculous amounts of money on his gigs over the years, I am genuinely curious as to what this charge is and where it came from.

I've been buying concert tickets for years and have never had to pay an extra €20 compulsory charge. Personally I would be extremely annoyed if I had to do this and I'd be looking into what exactly this charge was for and why it was compulsory but not everyone had to pay it.

That's all I'm trying to achieve in these last few posts.

It was for the privilege of getting presale I presume? Not sure. It is ridiculous but if it does go to charity I suppose that's something (not sure I believe it is). She didn't even notice, just bought in a panic. :) She didn't even know they were in the nosebleed section! It is amazing how they can rip people off because they love a certain star.

Sounds perfect for me. I'm not good with having people close behind me, so I always avoided the pitch and pits. Ironically, I felt quite enclosed in the seating area at the last gig in 2013. Earlier this year I went to Springteen in Croker and my friend insisted on being in the pit. It was great I just hung around at the back. plenty of room and my friend could go into the squeeze or stay outside out it. ... and yes, I remember the rain!! Hopefully, it will be better this time!

Saying prayers from now for no rain this time :). I much prefer croke park for gigs - in fairness Ive never done standing in there but just prefer it. Robbie is the only gig Ive been to in the aviva and just didnt enjoy the experience due to all Ive said already so hoping next June will change my mind about the venue! And sure either way Im sure it will be a great night regardless, he is an amazing show man!

• Advertisement

It was for the privilege of getting presale I presume? Not sure. It is ridiculous but if it does go to charity I suppose that's something (not sure I believe it is). She didn't even notice, just bought in a panic. :) She didn't even know they were in the nosebleed section! It is amazing how they can rip people off because they love a certain star.

I bought in the presale and like others didnt pay any extra charges except the usual ticketmaster charge 6 odd euro per ticket. I also didnt pre order the album to get the code as small print on sign up said no purchase necessary and I got emailed the code on mon/tues.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

Bought 4 tickets at 9.10, clicked best available and gave me block 307. In what planet is a seat at a concert better than a pitch? Really should have been clearer that you had to manually select pitch tickets :(

I bought in the presale and like others didnt pay any extra charges except the usual ticketmaster charge 6 odd euro per ticket. I also didnt pre order the album to get the code as small print on sign up said no purchase necessary and I got emailed the code on mon/tues.

Maybe there was different types of resale? I don't think she had a code for it.

There were different presales. I bought both in the Pledgemusic presale (with the code) and in the Robbie Williams website (without code). I wasn't charged extra for either one. Very curious!!

There were different presales. I bought both in the Pledgemusic presale (with the code) and in the Robbie Williams website (without code). I wasn't charged extra for either one. Very curious!!

Unless this was some bogus website but I presume not because I've seen the confirmation from ticketmaster?

Yes there was a few different presales - think Aviva had one from mon/tues and the RW own ones on wed. Defo no charges on either of the RW ones. Not doubting you in the slightest but just b careful of bogey tickets. The only thing I can think of is the ticketmaster insurance thing that is offered? It is automatically selected for you but you can deselect it before proceeding to the purchase

Yes there was a few different presales - think Aviva had one from mon/tues and the RW own ones on wed. Defo no charges on either of the RW ones. Not doubting you in the slightest but just b careful of bogey tickets. The only thing I can think of is the ticketmaster insurance thing that is offered? It is automatically selected for you but you can deselect it before proceeding to the purchase

And how much is that insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The insurance isn't automatically selected for you, you have to choose to take it. It is highlighted and you are somewhat induced to select it as the 'YES' is in bold but it's not pre-selected.

The insurance isn't automatically selected for you, you have to choose to take it. It is highlighted and you are somewhat induced to select it as the 'YES' is in bold but it's not pre-selected.

When I purchased them the 'dot' to confirm i wanted the insurance added was selected, I had to click the dont add 'dot' - sorry not a very good description.
    Not 100% certain on the price but just remembered a friend of mine got stung with it for ed sheeran tickets last year - she only copped it after she paid

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

The tickets i got (well my hubby did) were from the Robbie Williams link on his pre-sale. My hubby said he had to pay some fee to get in to get the tickets. Now i wasn't there so i don't know full ins and outs of it. But i can't imagine it was a mandatory fee, just seems very strange that's all. He said he had to pay it but id say he missed a box to click or untick to not pay maybe.

Tickets look legit and from ticketmaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

And how much is that insurance?
    €5.02, would not surprise me if there is some other hidden charge I do not see though.
    When I purchased them the 'dot' to confirm i wanted the insurance added was selected, I had to click the dont add 'dot' - sorry not a very good description.
    Not 100% certain on the price but just remembered a friend of mine got stung with it for ed sheeran tickets last year - she only copped it after she paid
    I did a dummy order there, no box was preticked. I have read of enough people saying it was to believe it can happen though. Neither was ticked, I wonder if I did submit my dummy order would it have highlighted YES.

options were
    1. Do you want to protect your ticket purchase? YES, Protect My Purchase. I confirm that I am an Irish or UK resident and that I have read, understood and saved the services, terms and conditions of the Missed Event Insurance

2. Do you want to protect your ticket purchase? No

The real trick going on is that the price does not appear on your payment confirmation. So many see no increase and figure they have ticked the correct box. This is 100% a confidence trick, ticketmaster and allianz insurance are fully aware that people are being mislead and continue to do so. There is a long thread in consumer issues about it, and it's all over other websites. It would be extremely easy for them to rectify this.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/ticketmaster-customers-told-how-to-get-missed-event-cover-refund-1.2662419
    Ticketmaster customers told how to get ‘missed event cover’ refund
    Allianz offers phone line advice on policy bought ‘in error’

Fri, May 27, 2016

Allianz insurance is running a pre-recorded message on one of its phone lines specifically for people who want to cancel cover bought in error via Ticketmaster.
    The “missed event cover” can be easily bought by accident and is charged for separately, so that the final charge confirmed by customers using the Ticketmaster website does not include the insurance.
    The cost of the insurance, however, is charged to the same card.
    For tickets for tonight’s Republic of Ireland friendly against the Netherlands, the insurance costs €3 per ticket. Tickets for those aged under 16 cost just €10. Ticketmaster charges a “service charge” for each ticket it sells, and this does appear on the final deduction that has to be confirmed before the transaction is completed.
    It is very easy to inadvertently buy the insurance when using the site and because the small print says that the insurance is charged for separately, once the initial error is made, there is nothing in the rest of the process to alert the customer.
    Emails sent to customers who have bought cover include a Dublin contact number for Allianz Assistance.

Missed event
    When called, a message advises those who have bought missed event cover from Ticketmaster.ie that they can cancel it by returning the email to the sender, accompanied by a short statement seeking cancellation.
    An Allianz customer service agent told The Irish Times that it takes three to five days for the money to be returned.
    Requests for comments from Ticketmaster and Allianz Global Assistance, the vendors of the insurance, met with no response.
    This weekend thousands are expected at the soccer friendly, while more than 160,000 are attending Bruce Springsteen concerts in Croke Park tonight and Sunday nights.
    Missed event cover provides for cover of up to €1,000 per ticket.

rubadub wrote: »
    €5.02, would not surprise me if there is some other hidden charge I do not see though.

I did a dummy order there, no box was preticked. I have read of enough people saying it was to believe it can happen though. Neither was ticked, I wonder if I did submit my dummy order would it have highlighted YES.

I agree with you - just tried a dummy order myself and see that this time no box was pre ticked but that was on mobile site (not app) and I actually used the full site to get my tickets still through my phone though. You could be right and no box was preticked there either - I was just hell bent on making sure I didnt get stung - as I said I used full site and did have to zoom in on phone you know what I mean. I also googled and seen that article you quoted and can understand why some may have been caught and the charge doesnt show - good to know for future reference.
    The poster that said her hubby had to enter payment to get into presale - that definitely sounds odd altogether - unless he had to buy the album to get into it without realising what he was doing?

andreac wrote: »
    The tickets i got (well my hubby did) were from the Robbie Williams link on his pre-sale. My hubby said he had to pay some fee to get in to get the tickets. Now i wasn't there so i don't know full ins and outs of it. But i can't imagine it was a mandatory fee, just seems very strange that's all. He said he had to pay it but id say he missed a box to click or untick to not pay maybe.

Tickets look legit and from ticketmaster.

If he paid to get into the presale maybe he bought something on the pledge website which meant you'd get a code with your purchase.

Pledge do provide the access codes with no purchase required but the clause in tiny print at the bottom.

If he paid to get into the presale maybe he bought something on the pledge website which meant you'd get a code with your purchase.

Pledge do provide the access codes with no purchase required but the clause in tiny print at the bottom.

This gets more and more intriguing (yes I know there's more important stuff happening but I'm genuinely confused at to what this extra charge was for!).

The Pledge Music presale codes were given to people who had pre-ordered the new album before a certain date so there was no option of a PledgeMusic presale code after this. This was weeks ago, not recently btw.

Buying tickets via his website on the presale didn't require any special code either but your email address had to be on his mailing list already. Not sure how strict this was as I didn't try for tickets this way.

If there's no breakdown of prices in the confirmation email then maybe the only way to find out is by contacting ticketmaster directly.

I'd be seriously annoyed if I had to pay €20 extra to get tickets and I'd be looking into it to find out exactly what the story was.

I hope we do find out though as it sounds mad.

This gets more and more intriguing (yes I know there's more important stuff happening but I'm genuinely confused at to what this extra charge was for!).

The Pledge Music presale codes were given to people who had pre-ordered the new album before a certain date so there was no option of a PledgeMusic presale code after this. This was weeks ago, not recently btw.

You could still get the code by purchasing the album or packages with the album as recently as Sunday (when I last checked), so it wasn't limited to presale. I got my pledge presale code on Monday of this week.

Any chance it's this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

So is it sold out yet? I'm choosing 'best tickets' but not getting anything.

The Pledge Music presale codes were given to people who had pre-ordered the new album before a certain date so there was no option of a PledgeMusic presale code after this. This was weeks ago, not recently

I was able to get the pledge music presale code at the weekend following a link on the first page of this thread. When you open the link it did say about pre ordering the album but when you scroll down it says no purchase necessary and I didnt preorder just added my details and code was emailed to me on mon and I used it to buy my tickets on wed morning. Just double checked my cc statement and I was only charged exactly what was on my ticketmaster receipt - 2 tickets plus their booking fee

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Anybody get stung with the ticket insurance? Never even ticked a box for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Anybody get stung with the ticket insurance? Never even ticked a box for it.
    If you inadvertently bought it you might get a refund if you ring and complain. Apparently when you ring allianz the first choice to pick is people looking to cancel -very telling!
    RainyDay wrote: »
    So is it sold out yet? I'm choosing 'best tickets' but not getting anything.
    not going but have been testing it. Earlier on I got none available while looking for 2, when I picked one I was best I was offered was in the 90 euro range. Now I check for 1 again I get 1 in the better range. It might be an idea for people to post what they are being offered to really show if there is underhanded stuff going on.

I was offered BLK422 row B, seat 25, 129.50 with 6.85 charge

timed out and about 15mins later got BLK422 row A, seat 25,

16466s.jpg

so it would seem the best available at first were the second row, and later the "best available" was the seat in front of the last. hmmmm...

Done again Sec BLK430
    Row B, Seats 4

EDIT: time 23.46,
    just see this platinum ticket thing, I presumed it was some extras, like crappy VIP stuff or free cd, but seems it is not, and it is not resales.

WHAT ARE PLATINUM TICKETS?
    View Answer
    Platinum Tickets are some of the best available tickets to concerts and other events made available by artists through Ticketmaster. They give fans fair and safe access to some of the best seats in the house.

ARE PLATINUM TICKETS RESALE TICKETS?
    View Answer
    No. Platinum Tickets were not purchased initially and then posted for resale; they are being sold for the first time through Ticketmaster Platinum. Ticketmaster Platinum enables market-based pricing (adjusting prices according to supply and demand) for live event tickets, similar to how airline tickets and hotel rooms are sold. The goal is to give the most passionate fans fair and safe access to the best tickets, while enabling artists and other people involved in staging live events to price tickets closer to their true value.

Block 123
    Row D
    More Details
    €245.95
    of 6 BUY
    Block 123
    Row F
    More Details
    €250.95
    of 3 BUY
    Block 106
    Row K
    €265.95
    of 6 BUY
    Block 123
    Row L
    More Details
    €270.95
    of 6 BUY
    Block 123
    Row N
    More Details
    €285.95
    of 6 BUY
    Block 106
    Row N
    More Details
    €285.95
    of 6 BUY
    Block 123
    Row P
    More Details
    €300.95
    of 2 BUY

just to be clear that is €300+ per ticket midway down the stadium, and not being touted by 3rd parties.

time 23.59,
    regular tickets tried for 2 and told there is none.
    "best available" for 1
    Sec BLK321
    Row P, Seats 2

On the platinum site I can still get 2 together, cheapest being
    Block 123
    Row D
    €245.95 each or 6 together at that price

So "best available" is a blatant misnomer, they are holding back on them and openly touting themselves. So the quoted price range is completely deceitful, the true upper limit is well over twice what they claim, as no doubt the truth would create media & consumer backlash, and I doubt they declare what % of tickets were actually available at the lowest price mentioned. They do not even try and hide the extra cost with bogus overpriced crap like "souvenirs"

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

All very interesting but when you contact T/M, they will say it's all different areas have different prices etc.
    It's amazing how they can add extra revenue all the time onto ticket sales and most people won't notice the extra charge.

Advertisement