Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbie Williams -June 17th - Aviva Stadium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

Oh you're much better off. The queues to get into the dart station generally start at the bottom of roads behind barriers that you've just walked up past. And the darts won't leave til they're full so it can be an age waiting.

10-20 minute walk into town otherwise so if you're heading back to town, walking is the best :)

Agreed. I wouldn't even bother trying for a bus, just walk it, along with the thousands of others doing the same singing their hearts out!!

So far any pics I've seen of his UK shows there hasn't been a pit. Is there definitely a pit in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

So far any pics I've seen of his UK shows there hasn't been a pit. Is there definitely a pit in Dublin?

Yep. There are pitch standing tickets and pit tickets. They were sold as separate ticket types.

jzimw3.png

Yep. There are pitch standing tickets and pit tickets. They were sold as separate ticket types.

jzimw3.png

Oh yeah I got pit tickets myself, I just didn't get why it's only Dublin that had the pit setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Lots of extra security for the Ireland game at the Aviva yesterday, restriction on bag size allowed in etc., all bags searched. MCD will probably release info in the coming days.

• Advertisement

Any long range weather forecasts out yet?

Looking good. Partly cloudy, temp 20c :D

https://weather.com/en-IE/weather/tenday/l/EIXX0014:1:EI

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I presume once you have a pit ticket you can go in there at any time? You don't have to go in early as such?
    Any suggestions for parking and train from Southside?
    Or would there be parking up near ballsbridge if we went early?

andreac wrote: »
    I presume once you have a pit ticket you can go in there at any time? You don't have to go in early as such?
    Any suggestions for parking and train from Southside?
    Or would there be parking up near ballsbridge if we went early?

Unless it's massively overbooked which I doubt, you'll be fine turning up whenever as I imagine it's a set entrance etc.

If you have to drive its 50/50 on the best plan whether to get a train or park nearby. You can park off Baggot Street or Ringsend but if you're not early enough, it can be a legitimate nightmare trying to get any type of parking space (as I've found driving to rugby matches, which I just don't do anymore as you can end up circling for a long time).

Alternatively, you could just park at Salthill and Monkstown or Blackrock (the former has more parking) and get the DART in but as I said before, queues on the way back are chaotic and slow but if you're not too rushed I'd do that.

Robbie_william_event-info.png

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

It's weird the way this gig sold out relatively quickly but the one from a few years ago didn't despite coming off the back of a big #1 hit Candy. I suppose the economy has improved a lot and at this stage of his career new material really doesn't matter. It is amazing he is still able to sell out stadiums after 20+ years as a solo artist and well past his prime. Usually only rock acts can keep that level of popularity off the back of reputation of a live act and back catalogue. Apart from Madonna what other pop stars are still doing stadium tours this long into their career I wonder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

Pinkman wrote: »
    It's weird the way this gig sold out relatively quickly but the one from a few years ago didn't despite coming off the back of a big #1 hit Candy. I suppose the economy has improved a lot and at this stage of his career new material really doesn't matter. It is amazing he is still able to sell out stadiums after 20+ years as a solo artist and well past his prime. Usually only rock acts can keep that level of popularity off the back of reputation of a live act and back catalogue. Apart from Madonna what other pop stars are still doing stadium tours this long into their career I wonder.

Yes, agree with this. Also think his voice is gone. He was wayyyy off the pitch at the Manchester benefit concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It's weird the way this gig sold out relatively quickly.

Tried for 2 there and offered these.

Sec BLK527
    Row CC, Seats 11-12
    ?69.50 ea
    Buy
    U16'S WITH 18+, HIGH-UNSUITABLE FOR VER ...
    Full Price Ticket
    TICKET PRICE ?69.50 x 2
    SERVICE CHARGE ?6.85 x 2
    SUBTOTAL (Full Price Ticket) ?152.70

True though, tickets went fast while Phil Collins are still available but I think more expensive, but Phil Collins has not been here nearly as much in recent times.

Tickets are going below face on seatwave, but might be slightly over with their fees included -but take into account the TM usual fees of 6.85

poteen wrote: »
    Yes, agree with this. Also think his voice is gone. He was wayyyy off the pitch at the Manchester benefit concert.

I think he was in between gigs in fairness. Had just played two nights earlier. I wouldn't be worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Just got a single ticket there on Ticketb*st*rd in Block 104, although MCD says sold out.

He always puts on a good show. The prospect of it being a Saturday and with sunshine and a sh*tload of red wine, too much of a guilty pleasure to miss.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Just got a single ticket there on Ticketb*st*rd in Block 104, although MCD says sold out.

He always puts on a good show. The prospect of it being a Saturday and with sunshine and a sh*tload of red wine, too much of a guilty pleasure to miss.

There are definitely still tickets available. Friend of mine was able to buy 2 in Block 105 the other day. I was wondering maybe if they were wheelchair spaces or something though?

Weird isn't it that there's still tickets that close to the stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MS291988

Is there many drink stands for Pitch standing?

also what drink does be sold in the aviva for gigs?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

4 years ago on the pitch, there were vendors walking around selling wine and beers.

There were concession stands open as well but for those in the pit, there was eff all open.
    I had no access to merchandise. and there was one food and drink stand open in the small section behind the stage.
    That and the awkward walk around the stadium to to get in to the pit was a complete pain, especially that it was
    chucking rain at the time. I'm still baffled that the stewards would not let us go alongside the (East?) side
    beside Elverys to get into the pit section. It's the same again this time too.

I had purchased a live CD that was to be collected after the show but could not gain access to the area.
    That was a bit of a pain but they posted one out to me in the end.

It was four years ago today. The rain was terrible but Robbie still entertained. Looking forward to Saturday and sunshine. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,582 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Who is supporting him?

Erasure

• Advertisement

It was four years ago today. The rain was terrible but Robbie still entertained. Looking forward to Saturday and sunshine.

Jesus, my aunt died that day and I didn't make it. Can't believe she's gone 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

pilly wrote: »
    Jesus, my aunt died that day and I didn't make it. Can't believe she's gone 4 years.

Sorry to hear that. Time goes so quickly. There was a torrential downpour en route to the Aviva but it dried up quickly. Olly Murs supported. It was a great gig.

I'm not a "fan" but his gigs (that I always seem to end up at) are great. Listened to his new album on Tidal it's a dangerous grower and I hope he belts it out Saturday.

There has been a horrible turn in music the last ten years - radio playlists and the charts used tolerate all ages and vintages of artists, which allowed them change course and still have influence. Now everyone has to be either an Ariana Grande on the one hand or a Mura Masa on the other and no one in between or on the fringes gets a look in. For another thread.

I'm not a "fan" but his gigs (that I always seem to end up at) are great. Listened to his new album on Tidal it's a dangerous grower and I hope he belts it out Saturday.

Love the new album.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

It seems that he is playing just the 4 songs off the new album.
    Something that both surprises and disappoints me.
    I'd really love to hear Mixed Signals and Sensational live but they haven't been done so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just heard from a friend who does catering at the Aviva that security is going to be mental for the Robbie Williams gig, they reckon it could be a possible target.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Just heard from a friend who does catering at the Aviva that security is going to be mental for the Robbie Williams gig, they reckon it could be a possible target.

Of course this is going to be the case considering recent events, would you expect anything different?

No need for scaremongering.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

NDWC wrote: »
    Of course this is going to be the case considering recent events, would you expect anything different?

No need for scaremongering.

I ain't scaremongering just be alert, thats all.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I highly doubt security are just wandering around telling people in catering that it's a "possible target".

Security has been mental at recent events - Slane, Ireland soccer game, Malahide Castle. The same safety/security notices were issued for them all. I agree with the above poster your post is scaremongering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Security has been mental at recent events - Slane, Ireland soccer game, Malahide Castle.
    Meanwhile after the robbie gig you will be able to get onto a packed dart with a backpack like this

giant-jansport-backpack-0.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_theater

Advertisement