Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Charge Not Working On A Tablet With Quick Charge 3.0 - Asus ZenPad 3S 10

Options
  • 28-10-2016 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi, I recently bought the new Asus ZenPad 3S 10. The tablet supports quick charge 3.0, so I bought a quick charge 3.0 charger for it but it just charges as it would with a normal charger. I have once seen it saying that it was quick charging but any other time it just says charging and charges at normal speed. Any ideas how I can get it to actually use the quick charge.

Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

SW98 wrote: »
    Hi, I recently bought the new Asus ZenPad 3S 10. The tablet supports quick charge 3.0, so I bought a quick charge 3.0 charger for it but it just charges as it would with a normal charger. I have once seen it saying that it was quick charging but any other time it just says charging and charges at normal speed. Any ideas how I can get it to actually use the quick charge.

Thanks for any replies.

There's actually a setting in android to turn it on under settings or battery or something like that. Failing that just try different wall sockets, not using extension leads etc. and plugging it and out or connecting the cable to the phone first. It seems to be an extremely temperamental technology. (quick charge 2 is anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭SW98

griffdaddy wrote: »
    There's actually a setting in android to turn it on under settings or battery or something like that. Failing that just try different wall sockets, not using extension leads etc. and plugging it and out or connecting the cable to the phone first. It seems to be an extremely temperamental technology. (quick charge 2 is anyway)

Yeah there doesn't seem to be a setting to turn it on or off and I have tried different wall sockets, cables, etc. and no change.

So obviously you've used original charger and cable? Tried killing all recent apps? Is the device warm?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭SW98

Basil3 wrote: »
    So obviously you've used original charger and cable? Tried killing all recent apps? Is the device warm?

Well, I can't use the original charger as it's not a quick charge 3.0 charger, it said you have to buy a charger separately. The cable is original though, recent apps are all killed and no, the device isn't warm.

Advertisement