Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I got a new PC and it is on board sound and...

Options
  • 28-10-2016 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

It has no outputs for my bass box only my left and right speakers...
    Do I need an external sound card?
    I say external because my last PC had distortion buzzing on Game menus such as Mortal Kombat and Doom.
    I am using the SRS enhancements on WMP and for music they're pretty good!! But for Netflix It's obvious I'm only using 2 speakers and no Bass box.

One other problem was on my previous PC headphones and external speakers were 2 diff volumes which suited me...I used for instance 15 for external speaker gaming and 72 headphone volume, this new pc they are both at whatever the volume number was left at...not ideal going from headphones to external speakers which are wayyyyyy to loud.

So I'm guessing I've to shell out on the external sound card for my above uses, something for around 50e I was thinking? Any suggestions/advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

I'm confused... Usually a 2.1 sound system just uses a single 3.5mm connector. Every speaker in your setup has a separate input?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

OP you should have sound connections like the board below

p6x58d_prem_io_L.jpg

so its just a case of matching the correct color plugs on your speakers/AMP/DAC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Ok I'm probably explaining it arseways but I have 2 speakers and a bass box from a previous pc set up and on my new pc I'm using just the green line in for the stereo speakers and I now have a black and yellow line plugs not been used for anything, ofc I now have no Bass box so I guess to plug in and receive Bass box effects I need an external sound card?

The new PC has no receivers for the Black and Yellow lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Please post your motherboard & speaker models.

For audio switching I use Audio Switcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Speakers are from Dell, originally 5.1s but only left with left/right and the bass box....they're over 12 years old at least but they really are great.
    Motherboard is Gigabyte H110M - S2H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Speakers are from Dell, originally 5.1s but only left with left/right and the bass box....they're over 12 years old at least but they really are great.
    Motherboard is Gigabyte H110M - S2H

You will need a new sound card (internal or external); your motherboard only has Line-in, microphone-in & line-out jacks.

*edit*
    Wait I'm too hasty.
    8233.3w.jpg

So an audio splitter like this might work, too
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Colour-Rockstar-Splitter-Headphone/dp/B00BE69DSE/ref=sr_1_64?ie=UTF8&qid=1477674145&sr=8-64&keywords=3+way+splitter

Advertisement