Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allergy to Vaping?

• 28-10-2016 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hey just wanted to see if anyone else having this issue, hoping to start vaping to give up smoking and not to smoke in new car.

So i started with 60/40 PG/VG (12ml nicotine) liquid which was tropical falvour, but seemed to make chest very heavy with sore throat giving a very dry/raw feeling afterwards along with some coughing.
    I heard if you continously vape for a month its gose away but just seemed to be worse by the time a month was up.

Recently tried out an 20/80 PG/VG (3ml Nicotine) menthol flavour to see if its the PG or high nicoltine causeing it but im only on day 2/3 and i can suttley see the old systoms.

Should i try 100% VG or 100% PG - anyone else run into this issue when vaping?

Also might as well note i have Asthma & allergy to peanuts(if that has anything to do with it)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Bobshyte wrote: »
    hey just wanted to see if anyone else having this issue, hoping to start vaping to give up smoking and not to smoke in new car.

So i started with 60/40 PG/VG (12ml nicotine) liquid which was tropical falvour, but seemed to make chest very heavy with sore throat giving a very dry/raw feeling afterwards along with some coughing.
    I heard if you continously vape for a month its gose away but just seemed to be worse by the time a month was up.

Recently tried out an 20/80 PG/VG (3ml Nicotine) menthol flavour to see if its the PG or high nicoltine causeing it but im only on day 2/3 and i can suttley see the old systoms.

Should i try 100% VG or 100% PG - anyone else run into this issue when vaping?

Also might as well note i have Asthma & allergy to peanuts(if that has anything to do with it)

I have had no allergy's or ailments whilst vaping,so I can't help you there,as you say,you have tried different ratios of Pg & Vg.
    There are different ways of vaping that may help you out,do you do mouth to lung(MTL)vaping or direct lung(DL)vaping,maybe one of these is giving you grief,both these types of vaping means you have to use different tanks/coils or even a mod,I do 90% DL vaping & for me it is far more satisfying but I do like MTL some times.

Let us know what the set-up you have,mod/tank & what ohms your coils are,this might help others to diagnose your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bobshyte

cheers for reply,

I didnt even look at the different ways to vape until you mentioned it, just googled it there so will mess around see if MTL or DL suits better.
    tbh i was pretty much smoking like a cig but just taking small bit longer drags so almost MTL.

Just have the starter Ego-t battery along with Aspire coil/Tank at the moment

Was desperate enough to have a coofire IV ordered with I Sub G tank also to see if its the ego that was the problem, once i get that i can give an update on how that gose

Bobshyte wrote: »
    cheers for reply,

I didnt even look at the different ways to vape until you mentioned it, just googled it there so will mess around see if MTL or DL suits better.
    tbh i was pretty much smoking like a cig but just taking small bit longer drags so almost MTL.

Just have the starter Ego-t battery along with Aspire coil/Tank at the moment

Was desperate enough to have a coofire IV ordered with I Sub G tank also to see if its the ego that was the problem, once i get that i can give an update on how that gose

Sounds great & good luck with it,if your coils are below 1.0ohm,use 3mg or 6mg nicotine strength eliquid.
    Let us know how you get on...

When you take your first lung hit,you will cough your guts up,only lasts for about 6 vapes,your lungs just needs to adjust themselves to the vapour & don't forget to prime your new coil...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭chipfox

No idea why but if I try go back to MTL I cough like mad. DL feels so much smoother for me no idea why

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

If your still smoking or just stopped then the symptoms your having are par for the course. Too early to tell if your have an issue with PG in the liquid. Vaping can dehydrate the mouth especially in the early days - drink lots of water. Lungs can feel heavy until they start clearing out smoke related gunk and vape can exasperate that for some. The heat in the vapour may be cause of sore mouth/throat and when I started had to keep the heat much lower then I like it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bobshyte

Just to give ye an update and for anyone that may experience same problem.

Vaping this time around seems to be working fine, breathing techniques definately helped and without a doubt, DL (direct lung) is a much smother vape for me.
    Even tho alot of other sites mention otherwise.

I think switching to much higher VG was probably the biggest factor, I will prob be looking for 100% Vg instead of 80% next time.
    If interested I will list the liquids below.
    80vg 20pg orange - 7/10
    80vg 20pg menthol - 7.5/10
    100vg pear - pear 9/10
    40vg 60pg - tropical 3/10

These weren't ranked by flavours but how harsh I found them (higher=smoother)

Finally getting the new vaper which let's you use dl easier was another big improvement (cool fire iv)

Also im using the lowest voltage which is set at 3.0 with a 0.5 ohm coil.

After all this I still get a small tingle now and again in my throat while vaping, but to compare what I went through previously is nothing which I'm guessing like the comment above mentioned, it is just getting used to vaping and drinking some water which helps when getting too dry in the throat.

Hope this helps someone else that runs into same problem, best thing I can advise is just experiment with every aspect.

If your determined to make it work, Ensure you buy two opposite vapers(MTL&DL), same for liquids but may need to experiment more with Vg/Pg & flavours and definately research the different techniques to vape.

Big thanks to everyone who replied!

Advertisement