Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Access to Fibre Cabinet

Options
  • 28-10-2016 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

In Rivercourt in Carlow the local Fibre cabinet (Carlow-CRW1_077-Beech Rd) is placed beside the back garden wall of house number 1 but recently the area that it is in which was part of the building site has been blocked off by a locked gate and fencing to prevent travellers from leaving their mangy half dead horses in there.

Now neither EIR nor KN can access the cabinet and have basically stated there is nothing that can be done as they are not insured to climb walls or gates and can't legally cut the lock off.

Is there anything that can be done at all? They are rightly refusing to connect my phone line because the cabinet is inaccessible.

What would they do if the copper was stripped from the cabinet by thieves? Would they just ignore it and leave 100 people with no phones or broadband?

Any ideas on what can be done? I don't know who locked the gate and sealed up the fence.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

foggy_lad wrote: »
    In Rivercourt in Carlow the local Fibre cabinet (Carlow-CRW1_077-Beech Rd) is placed beside the back garden wall of house number 1 but recently the area that it is in which was part of the building site has been blocked off by a locked gate and fencing to prevent travellers from leaving their mangy half dead horses in there.

Now neither EIR nor KN can access the cabinet and have basically stated there is nothing that can be done as they are not insured to climb walls or gates and can't legally cut the lock off.

Is there anything that can be done at all? They are rightly refusing to connect my phone line because the cabinet is inaccessible.

What would they do if the copper was stripped from the cabinet by thieves? Would they just ignore it and leave 100 people with no phones or broadband?

Any ideas on what can be done? I don't know who locked the gate and sealed up the fence.
    Hi foggy_lad,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear this. Feel free to PM your order number or account number & I can look into this. 

- Stacey

Advertisement