Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned

Options
  • 28-10-2016 6:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi

I have been banned from the Racing Sims forum. I feel DCully has banned me from a personal objective, as I disagree with his views.

Please let me know what I need to provide.

Thank you

REM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi REM,

Have you attempted to discuss this via PM with the mod, as per the process outlined above?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭REM76

dudara wrote: »
    Hi REM,

Have you attempted to discuss this via PM with the mod, as per the process outlined above?

Yes. The mod gave me an ultimatum, which I disagreed with. He then pleaded with me not to take it any further, but I have. He is 100% in the wrong. I;m not perfect by any means, but I know this for certain. I don't want him sacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'll ask one of the CMods to come and review this dispute, please have the PMs ready to share with them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hi REM76, I'll look into this for you. Can you please send me on any PMs you sent to the moderator? Thanks!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hi REM,

Have had a look over this, since you didn't send on the PMs I'm working off what Dcully sent me.

So having looked at the deleted posts there is definitely grounds for a banning. The personal abuse was unacceptable, directed at a moderator or otherwise.

You are perfectly free to criticise a company in a constructive, fair way - dissent is what keeps this website alive - but a few of your allegations about the company in question did enter potentially legally problematic territory and were as a result were likely worthy of deletion. Also the insults directed at supporters of the company, including posters, were not welcome either, and not at all constructive to discussion. In that sense, I would advise more moderate language in future.

All that said, a few of Dcully's comments blurred the line between poster and moderator action and were a bit too personal in nature as well. There should have been a more moderate tone applied. I'll flag this with Dcully as well.

I believe Dcully has offered to lift your ban, which you refused, but I will again extend an offer to lift the ban. In light of the above, it will be on a last chance basis given some of the unacceptable comments you posted on the thread but we are happy to give you another chance.

If this is acceptable, please let me know and I'll have the ban lifted. FYI you will be issued with an infraction in its place just to make note of the above.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭REM76

The chap holds a personal grudge and is not fit to be a moderator. Keep the ban, I'm not interested in any forum he's associated with.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement